Tickets for Characters

disfans44041

Earning My Ears
we have been on 2 DCL cruises and have never needed tickets for characters. Why are they doing this and what is the chances of NOT getting tickets...has anyone had that experience? Also, does anyone know if the concierge hosts can get the tickets?

we have been on 2 DCL cruises and have never needed tickets for characters. Why are they doing this and what is the chances of NOT getting tickets...has anyone had that experience? Also, does anyone know if the concierge hosts can get the tickets?

They are doing this to just manage a queue for cruisers benefit on popular characters like Frozen. It evens out demand, so you do not have long waits, lots of us want to see characters straight away well it might delay you until the 2nd or 3rd session but you will see them and only have a set number of people there, so not get there without a ticket and find the line so long your cut off it.

Why are they doing this and what is the chances of NOT getting tickets..

If you ask early at guest services you will get a slot, you would only miss out if you ask later in the cruise.

.has anyone had that experience? Also, does anyone know if the concierge hosts can get the tickets?

Concierge hosts if your in a suite yes they can get them for you.

There are still plenty of meet and greets that don't need tickets but this is for people that like to have a certain time to show up and not wait in line.

The day you board it will be listed in the Navigator what events will need tickets and where to pick them up. I have not cruised concierges but people have posted on these boards that concierges has been able to get tickets for them once they have boarded but they have not been able to book in advance by phone or email.

Recently is has been at the Port adventures desk, but check to make sure!!

Someone recently posted that they have been testing for a character breakfast also, BUT you need to pick up tickets so be sure to check for this.

Here is a link to a past Navigator. See on the front page on the left it says about picking up tickets: http://disneycruiselineblog.com/wp-...3N-Bahamian-Day-1-Port-Canaveral-20150123.pdf

Also here is a link to recent Navigators. Find one that is similar to your cruise and you can see the different charater meets that do not need tickets: http://disneycruiselineblog.com/personal-navigators/

People have also posted not to show up early for your ticked event because they will not allow you in until the time listed on your ticket.

Have a great cruise.

Last edited:

As PPs mentioned, there are only a few meet and greets the tickets are for. The Anna and Elsa meet and greet and the Princess Gatherings are the two I've seen listed in Navigators as having tickets available. As long as you go to the location listed in the Navigator on embarkation day, you shouldn't have a problem getting tickets, or I have heard your concierge host can get the tickets for you. The goal isn't to limit who gets to greet the characters but rather to control the crowds by spacing people out and make the wait shorter for everyone.

Thank you! It make sense to space out arrival times. I was just suprised! We have been on the Dream and Fantasy and always did the Princess gatherings and never had an issue. I was just wondering what had changed to have them start ticketing. I know for the characters that came out less often there was a wait, but never really waited for the others.

Thank you! It make sense to space out arrival times. I was just suprised! We have been on the Dream and Fantasy and always did the Princess gatherings and never had an issue. I was just wondering what had changed to have them start ticketing. I know for the characters that came out less often there was a wait, but never really waited for the others.

Yes but the popular ones like Frozen get long lines, thats why they started it.

We just got off the Wonder a few weeks ago and I liked the ticketed meet and greets. It was less stressful. We just walked in at our assigned time and had minimal wait. I went right away when we boarded and got the first viewing of Elsa and Anna and the Princesses for the next day. The characters before dinner were total chaos. We only got one or two in the formal wear. People were downright rude. This was our 4th DCL cruise. For the other cruises we would always arrive 10-15minutes early. On Castaway though there were hardly any waits.

Can anyone personally confirm (i.e. not read somewhere) that you can get tickets for another stateroom if your reservation is linked? I have done it in the past for alcohol tastings but not for the characters. We are sailing with first time cruisers and debating whether to board before them and get the tickets out of the way.

I wish there were more ticketed meet and greets! Our our cruise last year, the only character meets we did were the ticketed ones. The other ones all had crazy lines. And it was very hard to judge as there were often several characters lining up in different places, and one person would hold the spot for a few families, while others from their party were lining up for the others characters and the mob of people would just go from one to another without waiting. I'd much prefer more ticketed events!

Thank you! We always showed up early and never really had a problem, but could see how it could get out of hand.

Anyone know if Anna and Elsa are on all the cruises? Were going on the Dream in 2 weeks

We had no problems with chacter greetings last year on the Magic.Could the smaller ship help with ease of chacter greeting.

We had no problems with chacter greetings last year on the Magic.Could the smaller ship help with ease of chacter greeting.

Same experience for us on the Magic 4/12/15, lines were short for the characters and we got to meet a few characters multiple times. For the ticketed events, we got the tickets at the port adventures desk right after boarding.

I just got off the fantasy eastern, we went to the desk after lunch and carry on drop off in room on embarkation day. we got tickets for the two meet n greets and breakfast on sea day 2 of 3. it was somewhat of a long and slow moving line, but they did best they could.

Can anyone personally confirm (i.e. not read somewhere) that you can get tickets for another stateroom if your reservation is linked? I have done it in the past for alcohol tastings but not for the characters. We are sailing with first time cruisers and debating whether to board before them and get the tickets out of the way.

I'd like to know this as well. We are traveling with another family in August. Our reservations are linked. We have an 11:00 PAT, but they can't check-in for another week and I feel like will get a later PAT time. We thought the same thing though - my daughter and I could go ahead and board and then pick up tasting and character tickets so that when they boarded, we could go eat together and just relax.

I just got off the fantasy eastern, we went to the desk after lunch and carry on drop off in room on embarkation day. we got tickets for the two meet n greets and breakfast on sea day 2 of 3. it was somewhat of a long and slow moving line, but they did best they could.

Tell us more about the character breakfast. What percentage of passengers do you think participated? Which restaurant, and did they do the breakfast on all three sea days?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter