Can I get a one day ticket and then upgrade to the pixie pass before leaving the park? Also, is there a price increase coming up for tickets and AP's?
You may upgrade as long as you did not use your ticket in a day that is blocked out for a Pixie Pass.

There are always price increases in the works for Disney tickets but they are not normally announced in advance. We wake up one morning and prices have increased.
And you must be a Florida Resident. :thumbsup2

I have a question about validating a will call ticket at guest relations at the front of a park. I am using a complimentary travel agent ticket, but I am assuming this would be the same process as someone using a Florida resident ticket or any ticket that requires validation of ID as I have to show my IATA card to prove eligibility before I use it. This is the first time I am using one.

My email states that I can visit any of the guest relations centers either at DS or the front of any park to do this. My question is if I am entering Epcot, do I have to be at the front entrance or can I also do this at the IG entrance? We are having breakfast at Beach Club that morning and I planned to walk over. If I have to go to the front of the park, that isn't quite as convenient. I could also go to DS the night before if I have to, but our flight gets in kind of late. We are staying at POR at least, so DS is probably the better option if I can't just validate it at the IG. Anyone know? Thanks!

I have a question about validating a will call ticket at guest relations at the front of a park. I am using a complimentary travel agent ticket, but I am assuming this would be the same process as someone using a Florida resident ticket or any ticket that requires validation of ID as I have to show my IATA card to prove eligibility before I use it. This is the first time I am using one.

My email states that I can visit any of the guest relations centers either at DS or the front of any park to do this. My question is if I am entering Epcot, do I have to be at the front entrance or can I also do this at the IG entrance? We are having breakfast at Beach Club that morning and I planned to walk over. If I have to go to the front of the park, that isn't quite as convenient. I could also go to DS the night before if I have to, but our flight gets in kind of late. We are staying at POR at least, so DS is probably the better option if I can't just validate it at the IG. Anyone know? Thanks!
You can do it at the IG. Just go through security then take a left. GR is in the building there, between security and the entrance tapstyles.

Children under 3 years of age (age 2 years and younger) do not need tickets to enter WDW parks.
They are admitted, free-of-charge, with an accompanying adult.

Children who are under 3 years old at the BEGINNING of a WDW trip but
have a birthday and turn 3 years old DURING that same trip, will be considered
to be "under 3 years old" for the duration of that trip.
So no ticket is needed for the duration of that same trip.

Looks like this may have changed as of this year?

Prior to this year, kids that turned 3 mid-trip were considered “Mickey’s guest” and were free for the duration of their stay.

Example as recently as Feb 2022:
https://plandisney.disney.go.com/question/child-turns-during-trip-free-489700/

This summer though, that appears to have changed:

https://plandisney.disney.go.com/qu...birthday-disney-world-need-pay-ticket-541617/

https://plandisney.disney.go.com/qu...le-vacation-she-need-park-ticket-once-541384/

https://plandisney.disney.go.com/qu...g-little-one-turning-midway-trip-turn-541058/

Has anyone had recent encounters with this apparent rule change?

I have a family trip planned for next August and my nephew will turn 3 on day 7 of 10.

Looks like this may have changed as of this year?

Prior to this year, kids that turned 3 mid-trip were considered “Mickey’s guest” and were free for the duration of their stay.

Example as recently as Feb 2022:
https://plandisney.disney.go.com/question/child-turns-during-trip-free-489700/

This summer though, that appears to have changed:

https://plandisney.disney.go.com/qu...birthday-disney-world-need-pay-ticket-541617/

https://plandisney.disney.go.com/qu...le-vacation-she-need-park-ticket-once-541384/

https://plandisney.disney.go.com/qu...g-little-one-turning-midway-trip-turn-541058/

Has anyone had recent encounters with this apparent rule change?

I have a family trip planned for next August and my nephew will turn 3 on day 7 of 10.

Plan Disney is notoriously wrong a lot. I have not heard of this policy changing at all.

Hi, everybody!
A few weeks ago I bought Disneyworld tickets for next December but now I am second guessing my strategy. I got 3-day tickets starting on December 11th, but we won’t go to the parks on that first day (in fact, we only arrive in Orlando at the end of the day). I am planning on going to the parks on December 12th, December 13th and December 15th.
I chose that starting date because it was a tad cheaper than December 12th, and we would be able to fit our three park days before the tickets’ expiry date anyway.
However, now I am wondering if it is mandatory to start using the tickets at the first day of their validity. Should I contact Disney and change the dates on our tickets (and pay the difference)?
Or is it ok to start going to the parks only on the second day of the tickets’ validity, as long as we respect their expiry date (which is December 15th)?
Thanks in advance! Any help would be much appreciated!

Hi, everybody!
A few weeks ago I bought Disneyworld tickets for next December but now I am second guessing my strategy. I got 3-day tickets starting on December 11th, but we won’t go to the parks on that first day (in fact, we only arrive in Orlando at the end of the day). I am planning on going to the parks on December 12th, December 13th and December 15th.
I chose that starting date because it was a tad cheaper than December 12th, and we would be able to fit our three park days before the tickets’ expiry date anyway.
However, now I am wondering if it is mandatory to start using the tickets at the first day of their validity. Should I contact Disney and change the dates on our tickets (and pay the difference)?
Or is it ok to start going to the parks only on the second day of the tickets’ validity, as long as we respect their expiry date (which is December 15th)?
You will be just fine. What you’re asking happens often as people arrive at various times and often do not go the first day of their trip.

Hi, everybody!
You’ll be fine. A few years ago our family bought tickets that started on a Friday even though our first park day wasn’t until Sunday. As long as the last valid date for your tickets covers the days you do go, you won’t have a problem.

Thank you! 😅
You will be just fine. What you’re asking happens often as people arrive at various times and often do not go the first day of their trip.

You’ll be fine. A few years ago our family bought tickets that started on a Friday even though our first park day wasn’t until Sunday. As long as the last valid date for your tickets covers the days you do go, you won’t have a problem.

Thank you! 😅

We’re AP holders, but we want to head to Epcot on a blackout day at the beginning of our stay. I don’t believe there are any discounted 1 day passes available anywhere, am I correct?

My son's family is planning to buy 2-day tickets from Undercover Tourist, and possibly upgrading to 3-day tickets if their 14-month old handles everything well on the first 2 days. We know he has to upgrade before COB on day 2, but we wanted to verify that this still works when tickets are bought from a discounter and whether the price is still bridged. I know that used to work, but we haven't dealt with this for many years.

We know he has to upgrade before COB on day 2, but we wanted to verify that this still works when tickets are bought from a discounter and whether the price is still bridged.
Correct that they need to upgrade before parks close on the date he uses the 2nd entry. He should receive credit for the price WDW sold his ticket on the date he bought from UT. If there is a price increase between, it will not get “current” price and he’ll pay the increase plus the added cost for a 3rd day. WDW closed that loophole several years ago.

Correct that they need to upgrade before parks close on the date he uses the 2nd entry. He should receive credit for the price WDW sold his ticket on the date he bought from UT. If there is a price increase between, it will not get “current” price and he’ll pay the increase plus the added cost for a 3rd day. WDW closed that loophole several years ago.

Thank you lanejudy!

Has anyone been successful adding days to a already linked UT ticket (with park reservations) in MDE or will I have to call? I tried and keep receiving an error.

I was wondering if removing the park reservations and trying to add days again might work or if it was a UT ticket issue requiring me to call.

Thank you!

ETA: I cancelled the park reservations and still received the error, so I called to add the days and changed the start date. I was charged the difference in what the cost would have been if I had purchased the original ticket directly from WDW (not what I paid on UT).

Last edited:
How many discounted MVMCP event tickets am I able to purchase with my Sorcerer Annual Pass? (and does that include people not in my household?)

I am taking a friend with me who has 2 complimentary park hopper passes and then she’s going to purchase a 2 day non-hopper pass. I’ve attached all the tickets to her. How do I make sure it uses the 2 park hopper passes first? Do we tap at the turnstiles as normal and then visit GS to make sure it used the right pass? We want to save the non-hoppers til the last 2 days.

I am taking a friend with me who has 2 complimentary park hopper passes and then she’s going to purchase a 2 day non-hopper pass. I’ve attached all the tickets to her. How do I make sure it uses the 2 park hopper passes first? Do we tap at the turnstiles as normal and then visit GS to make sure it used the right pass? We want to save the non-hoppers til the last 2 days.
You will want to stop at either a Park Ticket Window or Guest Relations Location prior to entering your first theme park to have the tickets prioritized in the desired order.

I just found out we will not be able to attend Jollywood and I already bought our tickets. I did some searching and found this post that says you can apply the value of unused Special Event tickets in future years, is this correct? There is nothing I need to do to 'cancel' our tickets before the date, I'll be able to call next year and apply the value?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter