Resort reservation does not matter. Anyone can buy the 4Park Magic ticket as long as it suits their plans. While you probably can buy it in person, I recommend buying it online in advance. In-person same-day ticket sales usually have a mark-up of ~$20.

Resort reservation does not matter. Anyone can buy the 4Park Magic ticket as long as it suits their plans. While you probably can buy it in person, I recommend buying it online in advance. In-person same-day ticket sales usually have a mark-up of ~$20.
Thanks. I was just told on chat that resort guests could not purchase. I didn't think that was correct.

Hello, I went through the sticky posts in the beginning and wasn't quite sure the answer to the following question:

If I am planning on doing an 8 day trip in early 2024, but only go to the park every other day (resort hopping/DS/pool/etc. other days), will I have an issue with ticket expiration by only getting a four day park pass and using it on day 1?

Am I correct in reading through the sticky's that I can go to Guest Service location and upgrade the ticket to a five day or six day park pass if I wish during the trip as long as I didn't use up the last day of the original four day park pass? I would then pay the price difference between the 4 day pass and either the 5/6 day pass that it was being sold for when I bought my original 4 day pass along with the 6.5% sales tax on that difference.

Thank you for your your help in clarifying this! :)

If I am planning on doing an 8 day trip in early 2024, but only go to the park every other day (resort hopping/DS/pool/etc. other days), will I have an issue with ticket expiration by only getting a four day park pass and using it on day 1?
A 4-day ticket is only valid for use in a 7-day window starting with the designated start date. You want to use it every-other day. So if you enter a park on day 1, then use it on day 3, day 5 and day 7 -- yes, you can make that 4-day ticket work.

Am I correct in reading through the sticky's that I can go to Guest Service location and upgrade the ticket to a five day or six day park pass if I wish during the trip as long as I didn't use up the last day of the original four day park pass? I would then pay the price difference between the 4 day pass and either the 5/6 day pass that it was being sold for when I bought my original 4 day pass along with the 6.5% sales tax on that difference.
Yes, you can upgrade up to (and including) the day you use the last entry. The upgrade cost will be the difference between the new 5 or 6-day ticket and the WDW online price of the 4-day ticket on the day you purchased it (not current value, if there has been a price increase in the meantime). Sales tax will be charged for the upgrade cost.

Above is assuming a regular theme park ticket and not the special 4-Park Magic ticket.

Hello, I went through the sticky posts in the beginning and wasn't quite sure the answer to the following question:

Thank you for your your help in clarifying this! :)
Are you staying at a Walt Disney World resort and if so, will you be purchasing your ticket as part of a package?

I have purchased the 4 park ticket promo. I know I can only use once at each park, which is fine. But, I also read "one admission per day" does that mean I can only go through the turnstiles once at same park? We have a dining reservation at Poly on MK day and was gonig to go back there for fireworks. Not sure if this is allowed.

I have purchased the 4 park ticket promo. I know I can only use once at each park, which is fine. But, I also read "one admission per day" does that mean I can only go through the turnstiles once at same park? We have a dining reservation at Poly on MK day and was gonig to go back there for fireworks. Not sure if this is allowed.
You may leave and return to the same park on the same day. Dining at a resort will be fine.

Looking in my account, under my plans and tickets, and then in the Tickets, Passes and Memory Maker tab
For every member of my party (5 people), I see park tickets and party tickets. And then I see " 1-Day DWWS General Admission or Mini Golf " --- I don't know why I have this. Today, I received in the mail the Magical Extras card and 4 (not 5) vouchers for DWWS, and 4 vouchers for mini golf.

Is this in addition to what is already showing in my account?

And, the magical extras golf voucher, can I use it on check out day? Check out of resort, then go to Fantasia Gardens to golf?

Last edited:
Looking in my account, under my plans and tickets, and then in the Tickets, Passes and Memory Maker tab
For every member of my party (5 people), I see park tickets and party tickets. And then I see " 1-Day DWWS General Admission or Mini Golf " --- I don't know why I have this. Today, I received in the mail the Magical Extras card and 4 (not 5) vouchers for DWWS, and 4 vouchers for mini golf.

Is this in addition to what is already showing in my account?

And, the magical extras golf voucher, can I use it on check out day? Check out of resort, then go to Fantasia Gardens to golf?
Did you purchase a resort plus ticket package? If so, it’s there because if that and yes, you may use it on checkout day.

Did you purchase a resort plus ticket package? If so, it’s there because if that and yes, you may use it on checkout day.

No, I have a resort reservation and I purchased the 5 day military salute PH+ from a military base. I received the tickets and they are in my account, I made park reservations, so I think this means I don't need to activate them.

No, I have a resort reservation and I purchased the 5 day military salute PH+ from a military base. I received the tickets and they are in my account, I made park reservations, so I think this means I don't need to activate them.
No, it doesn't mean that. You still have to activate salute tickets purchased at a military base, by showing eligible ID at any ticket window or guest services (including Disney Springs) before your first park entry.

There is a very good chance that your resort reservation is a "basic" package. That's the way cast members typically book the military discounted resort stays. That would make you eligible for the magical extras.

Last year I added our APs to my mobile wallet (Google). Over in the WDW app I see that my kids bar code numbers are not different because they each have the same base type as last year. Mine changed from "with photopass" to just base (without photopass). My old barcode there is expired and I have a new barcode (reflecting no photopass).

Does this mean I have a new ticket number? Does the wallet update automatically or do I need to update manually? Thank you.

No, it doesn't mean that. You still have to activate salute tickets purchased at a military base, by showing eligible ID at any ticket window or guest services (including Disney Springs) before your first park entry.

There is a very good chance that your resort reservation is a "basic" package. That's the way cast members typically book the military discounted resort stays. That would make you eligible for the magical extras.

Thanks so much for your response! This would have stressed us out on day 1.

Last year I added our APs to my mobile wallet (Google). Over in the WDW app I see that my kids bar code numbers are not different because they each have the same base type as last year. Mine changed from "with photopass" to just base (without photopass). My old barcode there is expired and I have a new barcode (reflecting no photopass).

Does this mean I have a new ticket number? Does the wallet update automatically or do I need to update manually? Thank you.
The Disney MagicMobile Pass in your phones wallet acts much like a MagicBand. When you use it for park admission, it has access to whatever valid ticket or AP that's linked to the same MDE profile.

One more ticket question --

5 day military salute PH+ The Disney customer service rep said the only restrictions on using this are the block out dates and use by Dec 31 2023. As an example she said I could use a ticket and a plus option in August, and then use the rest in September. Is this correct? it's not subject to this:
5-day ticket – The ticket expires 8 days after the selected start date.

Specifics are probably easier. Can I do this?
Arrive Aug 11, activate ticket and use 2 plus options for golf and water park
Aug 12 park ticket
Aug 13 park ticket
Aug 14 park ticket
Aug 15 2 plus options - MNNSHP
Aug 16 park ticket
Aug 17 park ticket
Aug 18 1 plus option - MNSSHP
Aug 19 -check out, then use magical extras golf voucher

Last edited:
One more ticket question --

5 day military salute PH+ The Disney customer service rep said the only restrictions on using this are the block out dates and use by Dec 31 2023. As an example she said I could use a ticket and a plus option in August, and then use the rest in September. Is this correct? it's not subject to this:
5-day ticket – The ticket expires 8 days after the selected start date.

Specifics are probably easier. Can I do this?
Arrive Aug 11, activate ticket and use 2 plus options for golf and water park
Aug 12 park ticket
Aug 13 park ticket
Aug 14 park ticket
Aug 15 2 plus options - MNNSHP
Aug 16 park ticket
Aug 17 park ticket
Aug 18 1 plus option - MNSSHP
Aug 19 -check out, then use magical extras golf voucher
Yes, that is correct. It's a very nice benefit of the salute tickets.

You could spread them out over months if you wanted. So use a couple days in August, a couple in October, etc.

We have 2 trips planned in the next 12 months so it was actually cheaper for us to buy the annual pass for the first time. From what I understand, the annual pass is automatically linked to our magic band. Does this mean on our first day we can just go directly to the scanners, enter the park, and the passes are then activated? Or do I need to stop at Guest Services to activate them first before heading to the scanners? Thanks

That's what we did for my MIL's pass. First day went right to the park entrance, scanned her MB and it worked and in MDE it showed an expiration date (whereas in the past it didn't have one) so I take that to mean it activated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter