it sounds like these are partially-used non-expiring tickets. Technically, since the ticket has been used by your FIL, it is non-transferable. You might be able to get WDW to help though. I’m sorry for your loss.

it sounds like these are partially-used non-expiring tickets. Technically, since the ticket has been used by your FIL, it is non-transferable. You might be able to get WDW to help though. I’m sorry for your loss.

Yes, than you for your codolenses You are correct, they were paritally used 10 day tickets. He has been gone for a few years now, I was hoping my MIL would be able to utilize them. I will give WDW a call some day.

Undercover Tourist had 2024 tickets yesterday.
I just checked a few days ago. My kids were going to look at their prices. Since Disney is now selling, I was surprised they did not start yet. Will go check them out now. Thank you

Editing - just checked website. Not out yet. I had emailed them a few days ago also and reply was - stay tuned.

Last edited:
I just checked a few days ago. My kids were going to look at their prices. Since Disney is now selling, I was surprised they did not start yet. Will go check them out now. Thank you

Editing - just checked website. Not out yet. I had emailed them a few days ago also and reply was - stay tuned.
That's strange...
1685967589252.png
I didn't go all the way through to purchase, but since it showed me dates and prices I assume it's valid...

Also put on Community Board---niece just moved to FL for college, and changed her MDE address. She has a bank account set-up, and will have her FL DL soon also. She attempted to buy a FL Annual Pass, but the system would not let her? Are they on-hold again, or is she doing something wrong?

Also put on Community Board---niece just moved to FL for college, and changed her MDE address. She has a bank account set-up, and will have her FL DL soon also. She attempted to buy a FL Annual Pass, but the system would not let her? Are they on-hold again, or is she doing something wrong?
All APs are still available. I suspect if she just changed the address, it's possible the system is not reading it correctly -- or is requiring her to call to confirm it's accurate. She won't be able to validate online without a FL drivers license but she should be able to purchase online and show proof of residence when she first uses it at WDW.

Yes, than you for your codolenses You are correct, they were paritally used 10 day tickets. He has been gone for a few years now, I was hoping my MIL would be able to utilize them. I will give WDW a call some day.

My uncle was able to get a partial refund on my aunt's Annual Pass after she passed, but that was an AP and he went over in person with her DC to ask. If we look at how tickets are priced out, days beyond the 3rd or 4th day are negligable price increases compared to the initial few days. IF they offer you any kind of credit don't expect it to be even 1/2 the value paid for the tickets (based on past value, not present day values.)

I have found that Disney Cast members face to face have more empathy and power than most over the phone who cannot see you as a human with cares. I suggest waiting until you are in Disney to ask about them. Bring a copy of any documents you may need with you if they ask to prove your "ownership" of the passes.

Cast member was able to take our 3 day park pass and switch it to the 4 day magic ticket. She rebooked our room at the same discount. Wound up paying $60 less for four days instead of three. Just nervous that everything will function as it should be in the app. We leave Thursday!

That's strange...
View attachment 765352
I didn't go all the way through to purchase, but since it showed me dates and prices I assume it's valid...
When you pick a start date in 2024 it is still greyed out and not selectable so you cannot purchase.
Also they have this on the front page still:
image.png

Getaway today has tickets for sale for 2024 I called to verify and they’re sellin’ ‘em.

We are visiting MK and HS on two separate days (a Wednesday and a Friday), we are not planning to ParkHop.
Would you buy a two day ticket or two single park tickets? Is there any benefit to buying the two day ticket over the single tickets?

Would you buy a two day ticket or two single park tickets? Is there any benefit to buying the two day ticket over the single tickets?
There may be some very small savings in buying the 2-day ticket - maybe enough to buy Genie+ for a day. Assuming your Wed. and Fri. are in the same week, a 2-day ticket would work as those are valid for 4 days from the start date. That said...price it out both ways for your exact dates and park plans (1-day tickets are priced differently by park) and see what is best.

We are visiting MK and HS on two separate days (a Wednesday and a Friday), we are not planning to ParkHop.
A two day ticket will likely be less expensive then 2 one day tickets. One day one park ticket prices vary based on which theme park you select with the MK being the most expensive park.

Your best bet would be to go to the WDW ticket purchase page and price them out for your dates.

I would plug both options into MDE and see what the prices difference is and go with the lesser priced one.

Do all MYW PH tickets have the 14 day use or lose, meaning 14 days from 1st scan into a park to use up the days tickets? We normally purchase Salute tickets so I'm not familiar with "regular" tickets.

Do all MYW PH tickets have the 14 day use or lose, meaning 14 days from 1st scan into a park to use up the days tickets? We normally purchase Salute tickets so I'm not familiar with "regular" tickets.
No. Regular theme park tickets are no longer "MYW" - they are now date-based and expiration depends on length of ticket and designated start date.

The military discounted tickets (non-Salute) are still MYW with a 14-day window.

No. Regular theme park tickets are no longer "MYW" - they are now date-based and expiration depends on length of ticket and designated start date.

The military discounted tickets (non-Salute) are still MYW with a 14-day window.
Ok, so if I've purchased 2 day MYW PH tickets from Shades of Green we will have the 14 day window? We have other tickets in our MDE already so I wasn't clear how it chooses which to use and want to make sure I don't mess up anything with break days.

Correct. I believe the military MYW tickets are undated and good for 14 days from first use. CHECK if there is a "must use by" -- maybe Dec. 15th or 31st? I'm not sure. After that, if unused I think you can exchange as a credit for a new ticket (through WDW so not another military discount ticket).

If you have multiple tickets, you best bet is to stop at Guest Relations to have them prioritized to use the right one. And check MDE after entering to be sure.

Correct. I believe the military MYW tickets are undated and good for 14 days from first use. CHECK if there is a "must use by" -- maybe Dec. 15th or 31st? I'm not sure. After that, if unused I think you can exchange as a credit for a new ticket (through WDW so not another military discount ticket).

If you have multiple tickets, you best bet is to stop at Guest Relations to have them prioritized to use the right one. And check MDE after entering to be sure.
You were absolutely right, finally located this on their ticket FAQ listing..."MYW Tickets expire 14 days after the date of first use. First use must occur on or before December 31, 2024." You all are so good at this! Thanks for the help. Can't wait for November now.

Question about conference tickets for partial days (after 1 or after 5pm). Can you add on ILL$ attractions to these tickets? For example, if you have a ticket to enter MK after 5pm, could you buy a ILL for Tron, and if so would you be able to purchase in the morning?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter