Does your sister and/or her friend have their MDE account(s)? If so, you want to invite each of them to share plans as Friends and Family. If neither of them has an MDE account, and neither is interested in setting up an account, you can create profiles for each in your MDE that you manage, and link their ticket to their respective profiles.

So I bought a ticket and made a park res. On the app/online- I can see it in my app... but truly confused here- when I bought it said it would send via email .. and use a magic band at front gate- or card- what if we don't have a physical card? How do we enter? Thanks for any help

How do we enter?
If you have an older MagicBand or card from a prior trip, those will still work. Or you can use the MagicMobile app. Or you can ask for a card either at a ticket window, guest relations or the gate will issue one; just show the tickets on your MDE on your phone.

If you have an older MagicBand or card from a prior trip, those will still work. Or you can use the MagicMobile app. Or you can ask for a card either at a ticket window, guest relations or the gate will issue one; just show the tickets on your MDE on your phone.
Thank you! This is a stressful learning curve:cutie:

Out of curiosity, does anyone have any thoughts as to how to handle this? We've been planning on buying APs but did not do so prior to the pause on sales. Now I'm not sure what to do for our circumstances:

1) trip booked as a package May 2022. Original plan was to roll these into APs. I'll probably buy the AP vouchers if/when they come out but this was the plan originally and that means I have park reservations as well.
2) trip booked via DVC point rental for Sept 2022. No tickets since we were planning the APs. I'd love to take advantage of the current prices but I have no idea how we can do that and still get APs if they come back. I would also really like to make at least placeholder park reservations.

Does anyone have any thoughts on potential solutions?

I have new tickets in a separate account that I want to reassign. Do I only have one chance at this? I am worried that I might need to reassign again.

So I know ticket prices used to go up in Feb before COVID and just wondering it would make any sense to purchase a ticket now and hang on to it and then apply it toward an AP renewal coming up in June.

So I know ticket prices used to go up in Feb before COVID and just wondering it would make any sense to purchase a ticket now and hang on to it and then apply it toward an AP renewal coming up in June.
Other than allowing you to pay part now and part later, I don’t buying a ticket now would really provide for any cost-savings. You get credit for the value of your ticket at the time it was purchased not what that same ticket sells for on the day you upgrade.

I have a trip booked in May that is 15 nights. Of course we want AP's, but I'm anxious about making park reservations over Memorial weekend. If I purchase a 10 day and a 4 day, would it be possible to apply both tickets to the cost of a new AP if they are available when we travel?

would it be possible to apply both tickets to the cost of a new AP if they are available when we travel?
Generally the answer is no, though I suppose someone may have been pixie-dusted once or twice. I would not expect to be able to. Instead, I might be tempted to just not make Epcot reservations in advance; those are the last to sell out, and you can probably do those when you get there.

It's also worth thinking about your plans if there are no APs by then. I'm in the same boat, with a 14-day trip next month. I ended up buying PHP tickets for the waterpark(s), and may end up going to Sea World for the new Icebraker and (new to me) Mako. If I'm really feeling ambitious, I might even head down I-4 for Iron Gwazi at Busch Gardens.

Generally the answer is no, though I suppose someone may have been pixie-dusted once or twice. I would not expect to be able to. Instead, I might be tempted to just not make Epcot reservations in advance; those are the last to sell out, and you can probably do those when you get there.

It's also worth thinking about your plans if there are no APs by then. I'm in the same boat, with a 14-day trip next month. I ended up buying PHP tickets for the waterpark(s), and may end up going to Sea World for the new Icebraker and (new to me) Mako. If I'm really feeling ambitious, I might even head down I-4 for Iron Gwazi at Busch Gardens.

Thank you! We have added a few days at Universal - our first time there so it will be exciting. I agree, I do need a plan either way! I appreciate your advice. Hope you enjoy Sea World!

We have 9 day base tickets that I want to upgrade to hoppers. It looks like the difference in price for my dates for hoppers is around $90ish per ticket. However, when I try to upgrade the tickets on the app it wants to charge me over $120 per ticket. I called Disney and they said that is because the price of my tickets has gone up $30ish since I bought them. So they want to charge me $30 to get up to the current ticket price and then charge me the hopper fee. In the past, once you entered the park (and "activated" the tickets) they would bridge the price and just charge for the upgrade. Is this still the case? Would I be better off upgrading once I get there? Thanks!

Any upgrade after a price increase will include that increase. There is no more bridging to "gate" or "current" price. Sometimes you may get a CM who waives the extra, but it would be pixie-dust.

Any upgrade after a price increase will include that increase. There is no more bridging to "gate" or "current" price. Sometimes you may get a CM who waives the extra, but it would be pixie-dust.

I'm typically just a lurker but I can't seem to find current information for our situation. Is this considered an "upgrade" situation?

We have a multi family group going this fall there are two people booked on a package with base tickets. Now one of them wants a hopper but the other does not. If we wait until we arrive can the one person add the hopper to just their ticket? If they do, are they just going to be charged to add the hopper or they're going to have to pay the difference of the base ticket as well? Does it make a difference if they add the hopper after they've "used" the ticket? Meaning after they scanned into a park on the first day.

I'm typically just a lurker but I can't seem to find current information for our situation. Is this considered an "upgrade" situation?
This is just like the PP who wants to add the hopper. Essentially, WDW considers changing/adding to any ticket is an "upgrade" -- whether that is equal value or higher value (or even lower value, WDW doesn't give a refund). So adding the hopper to the base ticket may well result in being charged any differential for the base ticket cost as well as the hopper. As mentioned, sometimes you get a CM who can spread pixie dust and override that extra cost, but I wouldn't plan on it. Using the ticket doesn't modify the value any more.

Is it possible for the folks with a package to buy 3rd party tickets and cancel the tickets off the package (leaving a base package/room-only)? Some of the authorized re-sellers are continuing to sell "old stock" with the prices from last week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter