I am so super confused at this point. Please help.
My ticket media:
Comp ticket linked to me
Comp ticket linked to husband
Comp ticket linked to daughter - 7
Comp ticket linked to son - 9
Purchased one day ticket for 12/31 - linked to daughter
Purchased one day ticket for 12/31- linked to son
6 tickets total

Park Pass Reservations:
All of us booked for 12/27 at Epcot
All of us booked for 12/31 at Epcot
So that’s using 8 tickets **** but me and hubby only have two comp tickets linked.

What’s going on? Will the system re set after me and hubby use our tickets on 12/27? What number do I call to work this all out. We don’t want to go on 12/31 but I’m too afraid to cancel and lose another park day Bc the system will not let me book any other dates even tho there is park availability.
Thanks!
My guess is a glitch has allowed you to make park reservations on both days for you and hubby. Once you use it on 12/27 you will not have valid ticket media to enter a park on 12/31 even if you have a park reservation. A park reservation in and of itself does not grant you entry without a valid ticket. Lots of glitches in the system, unfortunately, and an “old” park reservation does not necessarily drop-off when plans change.

You prior post mentioned buying a ticket for 12/26 and changing to 12/28. Not sure what you meant?

Last edited:
My guess is a glitch has allowed you to make park reservations on both days for you and hubby. Once you use it on 12/27 you will not have valid ticket media to enter a park on 12/31 even if you have a park reservation. A park reservation in and of itself does not grant you entry without a valid ticket. Lots of glitches in the system, unfortunately, and an “old” park reservation does not necessarily drop-off when plans change.

You prior post mentioned buying a ticket for 12/26 and changing to 12/28. Not sure what you meant?
Ok, thanks. I will expect it to disappear after our first use.

As for my other question...the situation already changed already b/c we were gifted two more comp tickets.

I'm still on the fence about changing my kids date based tickets of 12/31 to a different day that week and purchasing new tickets for that day for me and hubby. I just get confused when I buy them tied to a date and how I change them.

We had AP that expired in Feb. We did not renew. We are now going in January, wondering if any chance we could renew now ? or purchase now ?

I just get confused when I buy them tied to a date and how I change them.
You may be able to change the ticket date online, paying any extra if the new date costs more.

You should be able to change the park reservation yourself. You will probably need to cancel the original park reservation and then schedule the new date. Be sure to check availability for the new date/park. The park reservation doesn’t simply transfer.

Booking a trip for May 2021 and know that Magic bands aren’t free. Would I be able to use my phone to get into the parks through MDE? I would lIke to not have to get a Key to the world card for the ticket only. I am going to use the app as much as possible there.

Booking a trip for May 2021 and know that Magic bands aren’t free.

Would I be able to use my phone to get into the parks through MDE?
That feature has not been implemented yet.
Might happen. Might not.
If you have a MB from a prevoius trip, it will still work for all functions that use a “tap.”

We were supposed to arrive tomorrow my son and I both have DVC AP's. Mine is good till August and I will then renew. His would expire 1/2 and will not renew at this time. This will be our third trip not being able to use the AP's since Covid. May, due to closure, June due to no parks, and this holiday trip because he has tested positive for Covid (in school full time all day so his it is running through our classroom). We moved our booking to April (Easter Break) I bought him a park hopper plus ticket as we want to visit the water park should it reopen as planned.

I have the regular Platinum DVC. I'm not sure they are doing the upgrades at the moment, just renewals? I see they are not selling single water park tickets at the moment for those (any) dates. Any thoughts on how I will be able to get in? If it looks like they are going to open it as planned any guesses that they will sell water-park only day tickets?

Thank you!

We were supposed to arrive tomorrow my son and I both have DVC AP's. Mine is good till August and I will then renew. His would expire 1/2 and will not renew at this time. This will be our third trip not being able to use the AP's since Covid. May, due to closure, June due to no parks, and this holiday trip because he has tested positive for Covid (in school full time all day so his it is running through our classroom). We moved our booking to April (Easter Break) I bought him a park hopper plus ticket as we want to visit the water park should it reopen as planned.

I have the regular Platinum DVC. I'm not sure they are doing the upgrades at the moment, just renewals? I see they are not selling single water park tickets at the moment for those (any) dates. Any thoughts on how I will be able to get in? If it looks like they are going to open it as planned any guesses that they will sell water-park only day tickets?
Speculation is not a good indicator.
By April, anything might happen.

I think I know the answer, but want to double check...

I have a current AP, expiration 7/24/21.

I now have a 4-day ticket in my account, which I plan to use the value of toward my next renewal. (Originally purchased for my husband to use on our trip next month, but with the new purchasing window for salute tickets, I was able to purchase him one of those to use instead).

Since my AP is already active and has been used, I don't need to do anything to prioritize it over the ticket in my account, right? It will be automatic?

Thanks!

We will not be using our date based tickets tomorrow. Do I need to do something tonight? I cancelled our park passes. Thanks!

If you have an active annual add and another ticket, you need to go to Guest Services before entering the park and have your tickets prioritized. My daughter has to do this also. It is not automatic.

If you have an active annual add and another ticket, you need to go to Guest Services before entering the park and have your tickets prioritized. My daughter has to do this also. It is not automatic.

So if I didn’t have them prioritize, it would use the ticket upon park entry instead of the active AP? Any idea why?

Last edited:
I now have a 4-day ticket in my account, which I plan to use the value of toward my next renewal. (Originally purchased for my husband to use on our trip next month, but with the new purchasing window for salute tickets, I was able to purchase him one of those to use instead).

Since my AP is already active and has been used, I don't need to do anything to prioritize it over the ticket in my account, right? It will be automatic?
If the 4-day ticket you have is DATE-BASED (and NOT dated for use on the day(s) you are entering a park) your AP will automatically be used as the AP will be your only "valid" ticket for the date(s) in question.

But, if the 4-day ticket you have IS dated for use on the day(s) you are entering a park...
You will need to have your AP's priority set up so that the AP will be used, and not the stand-alone ticket.

So if I didn’t have them prioritize, it would use the ticket upon park entry instead of the active AP? Any idea why?

If both the AP -and- the stand-alone ticket are valid on your entry date(s,) it would be a toss-up as to which ticket might get used (unless you have the priority set before park entry.)

That is the entire reason for having a ticket "priority" system.

Last edited:
We will not be using our date based tickets tomorrow. Do I need to do something tonight? I cancelled our park passes. Thanks!
If you don't use a "dated" ticket on the assigned dates (you don't go into a park,) you don't need to "do anything" at that time.

Your unused ticket's value can be applied in the future when you do know that you will actually be going to a WDW park.

If you don't use a "dated" ticket on the assigned dates (you don't go into a park,) you don't need to "do anything" at that time.

Your unused ticket's value can be applied in the future when you do know that you will actually be going to a WDW park.
Thanks. Can re-assign them or are they forever linked to that person?

If the 4-day ticket you have is DATE-BASED (and NOT dated for use on the day(s) you are entering a park) your AP will automatically be used as the AP will be your only "valid" ticket for the date(s) in question.

But, if the 4-day ticket you have IS dated for use on the day(s) you are entering a park...
You will need to have your AP's priority set up so that the AP will be used, and not the stand-alone ticket.

If both the AP -and- the stand-alone ticket are valid on your entry date(s,) it would be a toss-up as to which ticket might get used (unless you have the priority set before park entry.)

That is the entire reason for having a ticket "priority" system.

Got it, thanks for the detailed explanation. I was thinking that since there would be no reason to use a ticket rather than an active/valid platinum pass for entry, the system would automatically use the pass. But it seems I was giving the “system” too much credit...

The ticket I have can be used any date until 12/31/30 (MYW from Shades of Green).

So to avoid the situation, I created a dummy profile and reassigned it there, to be reassigned back to myself before renewing this summer.

Thanks again!

to avoid the situation, I created a dummy profile and reassigned it there, to be reassigned back to myself before renewing this summer.

Thanks again!
Good plan.
You're welcome!

I book on Jan 6th for our trip in December. my question is if I buy the tickets in the spring/ summer and if I don't put them on MDE and we decide to cancel because things haven't gotten better can I save them or exchange for newer dates or just plain get a refund?

That depends... from where to you plan to purchase the tickets? WDW package (resort+tickets) is refundable until the PIF date (generally 30 days prior to arrival). Tickets purchased separately direct from WDW are generally not refundable. From an authorized reseller you'll need to check their return/refund policy; some will refund minus a "restocking" fee if it's within X days of purchasing. If the tickets are not refundable, as long as they remain unused you can always use the value towards new tickets for another trip. Note that you cannot reserve park reservations without the tickets linked to your MDE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter