View attachment 409964

How does this work? Will her name be tied to the AP or can she pick it up for me and I activate @ later date in my name?
I didn't purchase mine from sams but did directly from Disney before the increase (using gift cards for a discount) and did my kids by bridging a ticket from UT. From disney they attached a voucher to my MDE account and I just had to show my ID when I was ready to pick it up. I am assuming the sams purchase is the same way. The voucher said it was good through 2030 so you could hold onto it until you are ready to activate it. On the sams site after you login it asks for the name of the person that will be picking it up at Disney and the name, address, etc for the pass. I don't believe the name of the Sam's Club member matters at all.

Can someone help answer what I think should be an easy question?

I booked a free dining package with 5-day MYW PHP tickets in August 2018 for travel in August 2019. We now want to change these tickets to 6 day MYW PHP tickets.

My FP+ date is coming up and was going to change tickets in advance to book the extra day of FP+ at 60+ days out. If I do that, will I pay the current 6 day MYW PHP ticket price minus the 5 day PHP ticket price from when I booked in August 2018? If so, I think that equals $194.43 for our family of 5.

If I wait until we're onsite and add a day to our tickets, then do I only pay the price difference of the current 6 day versus the 5 day, which is only $72.91?

Do I understand this correctly?

TIA!

Can someone help answer what I think should be an easy question?

I booked a free dining package with 5-day MYW PHP tickets in August 2018 for travel in August 2019. We now want to change these tickets to 6 day MYW PHP tickets.

My FP+ date is coming up and was going to change tickets in advance to book the extra day of FP+ at 60+ days out. If I do that,
1. will I pay the current 6 day MYW PHP ticket price minus the 5 day PHP ticket price from when I booked in August 2018?
2. If so, I think that equals $194.43 for our family of 5.
3. If I wait until we're onsite and add a day to our tickets, then do I only pay the price difference of the current 6 day versus the 5 day, which is only $72.91?

Do I understand this correctly?

TIA!
1. Likely so.
2. That would be correct, if you are using the correct numbers for a 5-day PH+ from the date you booked, vs. cost of the current 6-day PH+.
3. There would be no difference in cost enabled by waiting (assuming no price increases before your trip.)

The method used to compute ticket upgrade cost is found in Post #6 of the thread on which we are now posting.

Robo...which question is the NO to? The first or the latter? haha

Will there be a problem if she activates the "adult AP" while her child is still 9?
No.

But, there would be zero problem in buying a "child" AP and activating it while the guest was still 9 yrs old, then simply continuing to use that same "child" AP for the next several months after that guest turned 10.

Last edited:
I apologize if this question was asked before. I currently have a 7-day park hopper for use in July and my parents are DVC members. We are all going, but my parents will be arriving at a later date when I will be going to the parks.

1. Is it possible to upgrade my ticket to a DVC AP Gold prior to arrival?
2. If it is, how will I be able to activate/pick up the AP Gold pass if my parents are not present?
3. If I get photopass beforehand, what happens to that money?

Thank you all for the help!

In November last year, I was planning on upgrading a 6 day base tickets that I'd bought from UCT in 2013 to an AP for a trip in May this year. Below is your response to my question on how to calculate their upgrade value.

Since your tickets were minted BEFORE Feb. 2017, you'd use the 2016 "Disney price" for their upgrade value.
Subtract that value from the current (at the time you upgrade) AP price.

I decided to assign those tickets to my youngest daughter and I bought an AP online from Disney. My youngest daughter, my granddaughter, and I are going in August as a pre-graduation trip for my youngest daughter. I just recently found out that the Orchestra at my youngest daughter's school will be playing at Disney over Memorial Day next year (of course right after my AP expires!). Families are responsible for paying their own way for this trip. Now I'm thinking of upgrading those 6 day base tickets to an AP for youngest daughter to use on her school trip next year.

So, going by your response, the upgrade value would be $378.08 (2016 "Disney price") - $1,119.00 (current AP price...ouch!) = $740.92. Is this right?

Worse comes to worse, I guess I could always do what you recommended to someone else in a prior post - use a ticket then upgrade it through MDE to get the correct price.

I apologize if this question was asked before. I currently have a 7-day park hopper for use in July and my parents are DVC members. We are all going, but my parents will be arriving at a later date when I will be going to the parks.

1. Is it possible to upgrade my ticket to a DVC AP Gold prior to arrival?
2. If it is, how will I be able to activate/pick up the AP Gold pass if my parents are not present?
3. If I get photopass beforehand, what happens to that money?

Thank you all for the help!
1. Where did you buy your current tickets?
2. I don't know.
3. That cost can be refunded to you.

1. Likely so.
2. That would be correct, if you are using the correct numbers for a 5-day PH+ from the date you booked, vs. cost of the current 6-day PH+.
3. There would be no difference in cost enabled by waiting (assuming no price increases before your trip.)

The method used to compute ticket upgrade cost is found in Post #6 of the thread on which we are now posting.

Thanks for the info. I did read Post 6, but I also thought at some point I read there is an advantage to adding on ticket days once they've been used and then you only pay the current price different regardless of how much you paid initially. I must have made that up.

So, going by your response,
A. the upgrade value would be $378.08 (2016 "Disney price")
B. - $1,119.00 (current AP price...ouch!)
C. = $740.92. Is this right?
A. Yes.
B. Sadly, no. (You forgot to factor in the TAX.)
The cost, (with nearly $73 in tax) of a Platinum AP is actually $1,191.74
C. The correct math would be:
$1,191.74 (Current Platinum AP)
- 378.08 (2016 "Disney price")
= 813.66 (Cost to upgrade)

Hi all!

Does anyone happen to know how long Undercover Tourist takes to get tickets after Disney releases the new year rates?

2020 hoppers aren't available yet and I just was wondering when I might be able to purchase from them.

thanks!

Thanks for the info. I did read Post 6, but I also thought at some point I read there is an advantage to adding on ticket days once they've been used and then you only pay the current price different regardless of how much you paid initially. I must have made that up.
Lots of confusing info floating around.

A. Yes.
B. Sadly, no. (You forgot to factor in the TAX.)
The cost, (with nearly $73 in tax) of a Platinum AP is actually $1,191.74
C. The correct math would be:
$1,191.74 (Current Platinum AP)
- 378.08 (2016 "Disney price")
= 813.66 (Cost to upgrade)

Yes I did...ugh. Thank you!

Tricky upgrade question?
Can I still upgrade my Park hopper 5 day tickets to a gold annual pass on my last day if I am going to Disney when the gold pass is blocked out for Christmas week?

Tricky upgrade question?
Can I still upgrade my Park hopper 5 day tickets to a gold annual pass on my last day if I am going to Disney when the gold pass is blocked out for Christmas week?
Yes.

I just went to renew our annual passes. I had no problems with mine, but my wife's says it's not eligible to renew. It's the same pass (platinum), with the same renewal date and obviously the same expiration date. I don't get it....

I saw someone asking about the Sams AP and "will-call" and will share my experience.

The information entered when checking out does not seem to matter. I purchased one for someone else with her e-mail address, and it still came to me. I got the ticket number 15 minutes after checking-out and was able to link it (website only, MDE iOS app told me no will-call tickets - go online) to anyone in my account and it is 100% transferrable to anyone. Thinking the name would only be required if you wanted to convert it in person or call IT to find it for help linking.

I just went to renew our annual passes. I had no problems with mine, but my wife's says it's not eligible to renew. It's the same pass (platinum), with the same renewal date and obviously the same expiration date.
I don't get it....

GlitchCitySign-500_zpsf50fe154.jpg

Try using the App.
Try using the website.
Try a different browser.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter