@Robo - Thanks for the info. I was pretty sure that the one person on the phone was wrong, but one can wish.

In addition to the new DVC AP offer, there's one for a 7 day ticket. Interestingly, it includes this statement that seems to imply that the ticket has a six month expiration after its first use. This would be a huge change in WDW tickets since you could presumably use the ticket over multiple trips in a six month period.

Important Information
Ticket must be first used by December 31, 2018. Tickets are valid for admission beginning July 6, 2017 and must be used within 6 months of first use or by June 30, 2018, whichever occurs first.

In addition to the new DVC AP offer, there's one for a 7 day ticket. Interestingly, it includes this statement that seems to imply that the ticket has a six month expiration after its first use. This would be a huge change in WDW tickets since you could presumably use the ticket over multiple trips in a six month period.

Important Information
Ticket must be first used by December 31, 2018. Tickets are valid for admission beginning July 6, 2017 and must be used within 6 months of first use or by June 30, 2018, whichever occurs first.

That's not fully without precedent as this has been the case for many tickets purchased by Florida residents for many years.

THANk you! Beginning to feel like the savings isn't worth the changes they would need to make to their schedule plans - with new dVc deal - I might just get those Aps

Hello,

I am sorry if I missed responses that cover my questions, but I did not seem to find something that covers what we need to know.

We have 7 day hopper tix from UCT. Plan to upgrade and bridge to add Water Park. These are old stock tix (the buy 4 + 3 deal back in Feb). We plan to go Customer Service and add our WP option the day before our first park day...we believe we will only get price bridging for the "old" stock price.

We have a friend who now wants to come who is a FLA RESIDENT. Considering black out dates there are not any "good" deals for this person right now. Our original thought was the only option was for them to buy a 4 and then a 3 day FLA Resident tickets. BUT....AND HERE IS MY REAL QUESTION...

Can they buy a 4 day ticket (most likely a 4 day PH + WP) and then upgrade to the 7 day when we get there? Looking at buying through OrlandoFunTicket...their price $282 before tax...$302 with tax. Right now with blackout dates it looks like FLA residents aren't getting any discounts - can this be true? So, would our friend price bridge to $468.60, which is the regular price for a 4 day PH + WP ticket? Then add $64 ($63.90) to upgrade to the 7 day PH+WP, which is $532.50?

Thanks for any help and advice!

FLA RESIDENT.
1. Can they buy a 4 day ticket (most likely a 4 day PH + WP) and then upgrade to the 7 day when we get there?
Looking at buying through OrlandoFunTicket...their price $282 before tax...$302 with tax.
2. Right now with blackout dates it looks like FLA residents aren't getting any discounts - can this be true?
So, would our friend price bridge to $468.60, which is the regular price for a 4 day PH + WP ticket? Then add $64 ($63.90) to upgrade to the 7 day PH+WP, which is $532.50?

Thanks for any help and advice!

1. Yes.
2. You mentioned these two-
The 4-day (one park per day) Florida Resident tickets available priced at about $220, plus tax.
The 3-day (one park per day) Florida Resident tickets available priced at about $200, plus tax.
But, I'm not sure about upgrading from these tickets.
If anything, the guest would only get the price they paid for the ticket in the upgrade.

Multiple upgrades per ticket are allowed.

I have questions about upgrading to AP. I know this has to be done in person. My situation is this: I have 4, 7 day UT parkhoppers that I plan on upgrading to Gold (well, now Platinum Plus due to the recent deal) AP's for my kids. I'm going with DW in early Dec, but won't be back with the kids until late January.

So my questions are:

1. Can I upgrade their tickets for them even though they are not there? I'm pretty sure the answer to that question is yes but then that leads to another question:

2. How is this handled logistically? Do I need to bring each of their MB's? Or they scan mine and see all the tickets linked to various people in my profile?

3. By performing this upgrade does that automatically activate the pass as of the upgrade date? Or is this there a way for these to still be listed on my account as "vouchers" so to speak until I come back with the kids in January? That way they can get activated late Jan as opposed to early Dec.

TIA!

We have a trip coming up in August (party of 8).
I am considering getting ONE DVC AP for myself if it makes any financial sense ... we only have the one trip planned, so it's the current benefits that will be the deciding factor.
That's where some input would be appreciated.

I was thinking Gold, but with new offer, the Platinum Plus would be the same cost and include water parks, right?

I will most-likely pre-purchase Memory Maker if I don't get the AP.
We have at least three (possibly four) park days planned.
We have at least one (likely two) water park days planned.
There are a few quick-service locations we will likely use that offer 20% AP discounts (and no DVC or TIW discounts).

If I don't get an AP, I will be using park-hopper and water park entitlements off of partially used non-expiring tickets.

By my thinking, I should at least "break even" going the AP route, and possibly save some money. Am I way off base here?

Oh, one other question. If I go the AP route, how can I ensure that entitlements are not being taken from my non-expiring tickets?

All 8 of us are on one MDE account if that makes any difference.

I have questions about upgrading to AP. I know this has to be done in person. My situation is this: I have 4, 7 day UT parkhoppers that I plan on upgrading to Gold (well, now Platinum Plus due to the recent deal) AP's for my kids. I'm going with DW in early Dec, but won't be back with the kids until late January.

So my questions are:

1. Can I upgrade their tickets for them even though they are not there? I'm pretty sure the answer to that question is yes but then that leads to another question:

2a. How is this handled logistically? Do I need to bring each of their MB's?
2b. Or they scan mine and see all the tickets linked to various people in my profile?

3. By performing this upgrade does that automatically activate the pass as of the upgrade date?
4. Or is this there a way for these to still be listed on my account as "vouchers" so to speak until I come back with the kids in January?
5. That way they can get activated late Jan as opposed to early Dec.

TIA!

1a. How old are the kids?
1b. How many APs do you want?
2a. As long as they are both listed in your MDE account, MBs are not necessary.
2b. Or, just look up your account with your name.
In either case, you will need a legal PHOTO ID.
3. No.
4. Yes. Be SURE to ASK for "AP Certificates" and not activated APs.
5. Correct.

We have a trip coming up in August (party of 8).
I am considering getting ONE DVC AP for myself if it makes any financial sense ... we only have the one trip planned, so it's the current benefits that will be the deciding factor.
That's where some input would be appreciated.

I was thinking Gold, but with new offer, the Platinum Plus would be the same cost and include water parks, right?

I will most-likely pre-purchase Memory Maker if I don't get the AP.
We have at least three (possibly four) park days planned.
We have at least one (likely two) water park days planned.
There are a few quick-service locations we will likely use that offer 20% AP discounts (and no DVC or TIW discounts).

If I don't get an AP, I will be using park-hopper and water park entitlements off of partially used non-expiring tickets.

1. By my thinking, I should at least "break even" going the AP route, and possibly save some money. Am I way off base here?
2. If I go the AP route, how can I ensure that entitlements are not being taken from my non-expiring tickets?

1. Its just math. Do the figuring vs. what you want on your list and look at the price difference.
2. Go to any Guest Relations before going into a park and have the CM set the ticket(s) that you
DON'T want to use to the LOWEST PRIORITY. Those tickets won't be used until the higher priority
ticket(s) is/are used up.

1a. How old are the kids?
1b. How many APs do you want?
2a. As long as they are both listed in your MDE account, MBs are not necessary.
2b. Or, just look up your account with your name.
In either case, you will need a legal PHOTO ID.
3. No.
4. Yes. Be SURE to ASK for "AP Certificates" and not activated APs.
5. Correct.

Awesome thanks for the info. To further clarify and answer your questions: DW and I already have Gold passes. For her and I, I plan to upgrade for $10.65 each to Platinum Plus while we're there early Dec as well and then renew online Dec 26th (earliest possible date as they expire Feb 24 - just in time) for the Gold renewal rate as others have mentioned in other threads they were told this is the case. I will still ask when I'm there though to make sure this is indeed true.

There are 4 children total who will be getting the upgrades. Their ages at travel time are 9, 10, 13, 13. The UT park hoppers I have are from the new stock and are all adult tickets (bought adult for DD9 planning to upgrade, best bridge value). All of the tickets are currently linked to my children in my MDE profile.

Assuming I have multiple Park Hopper Plus "options" left, can I do multiple rounds of mini-golf in one day? I saw some language on a third-party ticket seller's site that made me unsure; it could just be funky wording. I don't want any nasty surprises on the trip! I know it would be one option spent per round.

Assuming I have multiple Park Hopper Plus "options" left,
1. can I do multiple rounds of mini-golf in one day? I saw some language on a third-party ticket seller's site that made me unsure; it could just be funky wording. I don't want any nasty surprises on the trip!
2. I know it would be one option spent per round.

1. Yes.
2. Yup.

1. Its just math. Do the figuring vs. what you want on your list and look at the price difference.
2. Go to any Guest Relations before going into a park and have the CM set the ticket(s) that you
DON'T want to use to the LOWEST PRIORITY. Those tickets won't be used until the higher priority
ticket(s) is/are used up.

Thanks @Robo ... looks like the AP is about $30 more than the current cost of a 3-day myw with ph+ (purchased through UT using an additional discount I qualify for) plus the $169 pre-purchase MM (which I believe is before tax). Since one lunch for 8 of us at a waterpark would likely be over $100 before the 20% discount, it seems like I will at least break even with the AP (and have the non-expiry entitlements to use down the road).

Can Guest Relations at Disney Springs prioritize tickets?

Considering getting my 16 year old son an annual pass for our next trip in January. If my husband and I do not have an annual pass, can we still utilize my son's free parking and meal discount benefits if we are together? But he wouldn't be driving into the parking lot. My husband would. My son will have an Amex in his name so he could charge meals to that card. He also has his drivers license so has photo ID. I'm pretty sure we'd be fine using his photo pass benefits since we're all connected on MDE also. Any advice for this type of situation? I would assume we couldn't use it for a room discount since there's probably an age requirement for booking rooms.

Considering getting my 16 year old son an annual pass for our next trip in January. If my husband and I do not have an annual pass,
1. can we still utilize my son's free parking and meal discount benefits if we are together?
2. But he wouldn't be driving into the parking lot. My husband would.
3. My son will have an Amex in his name so he could charge meals to that card.
4. He also has his drivers license so has photo ID.
5. I'm pretty sure we'd be fine using his photo pass benefits since we're all connected on MDE also. Any advice for this type of situation?
6. I would assume we couldn't use it for a room discount since there's probably an age requirement for booking rooms.

1. Yes.
2. That's OK.
3. That's fine.
4. Always a good thing to have a photo ID with an AP.
5. Correct.
6. There should be no problem with an AP room, as guests do not even need to
own an AP in order to book an AP discounted room.
As long as there is a guest in the room that will have an AP during that trip,
all is fine with the AP room.

What is the "best" way to look at (or for) expiration dates?

My current method is to start the process to transfer a ticket and the expiration shows up when it asks you to commit the change (and I cancel). I feel like there has to be a better way?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter