Ticketmaster - Paperless Ticketing

redbirdgrad

Mouseketeer
Anybody have experience with this? I'm taking my son and a friend of his to the MUSE concert at the United Center in March. When I bought the tickets I had no choice to print or have them mailed (I guess venues can select what tickets should be "paperless"). Now I'm supposed to show up to the gate with my entire party - show my ID and credit card that I used to buy the tickets and they will swipe my credit card and print out my seat assignment. It will be okay for this concert because I'm going - but what if I wasn't and bought the tickets just for him? I understand they are trying to reduce scalping (and stubhub is battling this paperless entry) - but it could make for alot of problems.

Anybody have experience with this? I'm taking my son and a friend of his to the MUSE concert at the United Center in March. When I bought the tickets I had no choice to print or have them mailed (I guess venues can select what tickets should be "paperless"). Now I'm supposed to show up to the gate with my entire party - show my ID and credit card that I used to buy the tickets and they will swipe my credit card and print out my seat assignment. It will be okay for this concert because I'm going - but what if I wasn't and bought the tickets just for him? I understand they are trying to reduce scalping (and stubhub is battling this paperless entry) - but it could make for alot of problems.

You'd still have to show up in person with the credit card used to make the purchase. I had to do this once for a Miley Cyrus concert. It was kind of a pain to drive to the venue, park, etc. but that's what was required for my daughters to be able to see the show.

I have used paperless tickets several times, and have had no problems. I have NEVER been asked to produce an ID (although I am prepared to do so), but have gained admittance simply by swiping the credit card I used. One time, I did sell the tickets to another group (of 4) and they had no problem going in when I swiped at the gate. I told the ticket taker, here is my credit card, here are the 4 people going in. No problem at all.

I like it....although as my experience shows, it doesn't stop resellers entirely...you just have to be willing to show up at the concert and let them in.

Our hockey tickets went paperless this year. As season ticket holders, we have a special card that we use to get in to the games and are printed out the seat assignment :-)rotfl2:). However, we are also allowed to transfer a ticket to any credit card to enter the arena OR print out the ticket to give/sell to someone else. So far I'm kinda digging the system. I like not having to fuss with a ticket book.

Things like this are why we almost never go to concerts or shows anymore. It's just too much of a hassle and too expensive...the last concert we went to the tickets were like $55 each, but by the time I bought both our tickets and paid all the junk fees it cost me almost $160. Forget it, I'll stay home.

Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland has been doing this for some time now. You can put any number of cards to use on your account (drivers license, VISA, MC, etc). They are just used for ID purposes.

If you are not meeting some of your party prior to the event, you can have someone else's drivers license number entered as well. When you have your own ID scanned, only take the number of tickets you need for your immediate party, leaving the balance of tickets for the rest of your party who will be arriving separate, with their ID.

I was skeptical at first, but have used this three times in the last couple of months with no issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter