ticketed meet and greets?

PRINCESS VIJA

Viva Latvia!
spin off of from early port arrival thread. Read something about the meet and greets with Anna and Else and princesses as a ticketed event. Can someone give details about this. When and where to go to get the tickets?

on our magic cruise last month, we went to port adventures to get tickets for anna/elsa and princess m&g. these were 2 separate events. anna/elsa was in Animator's palate and princesss were in the atrium. we went to get the tix after boarding, which was around 1 pm.

You'll receive a Personal Navigator during check-in. Look at that to find the location for special meet & greet tickets -- some cruises seem to have it at the Port Adventure desk while others indicate Guest Services.

Enjoy your cruise!

^^^^that is exactly what we did (referring to bfamilyx4's post). The tickets were being distributed at the Port Adventures desk, and we got them as soon as we boarded. The m&g's were great -- lots of interaction with the guests. I was surprised at how few people were in line for Anna/Elsa, but our tix were for 8:30 a.m. right when it started. Our princess m&g tix were for 8:45, and there was a line by that point but it moved efficiently.

thank you for the information! Just to double check... if they run out of tickets by the time we get there are we then out of luck for these events? Is it advertised in the navigators as well, or just on the printed tickets... once they are gone they are gone?

thank you for the information! Just to double check... if they run out of tickets by the time we get there are we then out of luck for these events? Is it advertised in the navigators as well, or just on the printed tickets... once they are gone they are gone?
AFAIK, the tickets are limited. So, yes, once they are gone they are gone. Unless, I suppose, if someone were to turn in tickets they had picked up and subsequently decided they weren't going to use them.

I don't know how limited the tickets are -- I thought perhaps they were really more intended to help control the flow of traffic, especially for the princess m&g in the atrium. They are timed, so that some tix are for 8:30, some for 8:45, etc., for whatever the duration of the event is. And to prevent the situation of "oh hey, look, PRINCESSES!" and folks just joining on to the queue without any pre-planning.

The character interactions are some of the best features of the cruise, even though my DD is an adult. We were lounging around at Serenity Bay -- and Jack Sparrrow came wandering up the beach (with a handler of course). I don't think it was in the Navigator, and he did not stop at an official m&g place, but would gladly stop for anyone who asked. It was great.

rsz_g&jack.jpg

Anyone not get Anna and a Elsa tickets after attempting to get them after boarding? If so what time did you attempt to get tickets. We secured an early PAT but my cousin and her family were only able to get PAT an hour later. On our last sailing the CM issuing tickets said they never ran out of tickets. I would like to board with them, but will board sooner if there is a chance of tickets running out.

We just did this a couple of weeks ago on the Fantasy. We had to go to Port Adventures for our tickets. We went as soon as we boarded and were given VERY (too) early times for both Elsa & Anna and the Princesses the next morning. When I asked if we could get later times, I was told no. Apparently they fill each time slot before moving onto the next one(s). I was told to come back later in the day and by then I'd likely get a later time, which I did. I don't think the tickets are so limited. And if by some chance you don't get to see the princesses at the gathering, they are available individually throughout the cruise. Personally, I liked the old system - we never had any problems with lines. Oh...and for our princess gathering Cinderella was sick (certainly not her fault!) and we had to wait on line and catch up with her later in the week anyway.

There have been some reports of tickets running out, but in our experience it wasn't an issue. I planned on running to get the Anna and Elsa tickets upon boarding (the location varies on ships and sailings so check the navigator) but got distracted meeting other characters and with my daughter losing her first tooth. By the time I remembered, we'd been on board quite a while, and we weren't even on board early to begin with.
When we got tickets, there was no one else there and they had piles left. We hung around for a min, used the bathroom to clean up, came back and still no one was around, so there didn't seem to be a mad rush and everyone who wanted tickets seemed to get them.

thank you so much for the info! My DD REALLY wants to see more characters this cruise so this information really helps!

This is very helpful, thank you! I'm glad they are ticketing the princess m&g. The line was sooooo long on the Fantasy! My dd actually went to meet sophia upstairs while I waited in the princess line and then she headed down to join me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter