Ticket upgrade (yes I've read the sticky)

padkins

Earning My Ears
My brother and his family are there now and took grandma with them. They got five day tickets from UT and went to add days and were told it would be $60 not $10 to add because of the "price change". Their UT tickets were bought before the price change.
I've told them this does not matter. Disney will bridge the ticket and they will get credit for Disney gate cost. They say that's not what they were told. I said get a second opinion. I'm right correct?

Correct, BUT you need to tell your brother that he (and the rest of their party) need to use their tickets at least once prior to upgrading them. It's after that initial use that they'll receive credit for the gate price.

Correct, BUT you need to tell your brother that he (and the rest of their party) need to use their tickets at least once prior to upgrading them. It's after that initial use that they'll receive credit for the gate price.

Thanks. They had used them. They are on the last day and I was like "do NOT leave until you find someone who will help you". I think they did. Thanks! I thought I was missing something new.

Thanks. They had used them. They are on the last day and I was like "do NOT leave until you find someone who will help you". I think they did. Thanks! I thought I was missing something new.

In that case, your brother was correct and the CM was wrong. I'm glad they found someone who knew how to properly bridge! :goodvibes

Just talked to them. They did it but insisted he was wrong and even made him fill out paperwork like he was getting "complimentary" tickets. So of course grandma calls me letting me know I'm wrong but I just did this in June and they gave me the new price even after the price increase.
What in the world?

I had the same problem in December, only there was no price change involved. I had purchased my tickets as part of a package a few months earlier. It took 45 mins, and multiple cast members, but I was able to add an extra day for $10.

OT: The upgrade needed to be done on or before the day that the last admission was used. Technically, if you took the used up ticket to the park on the day of the intended use of the new day to be added, it would be too late.

In the above rare scenario, there is a slight chance that the ticket agent might sell you comp tickets for the family for about $12. apiece if you muttered (loud enough for the ticket agent to hear) "Let's go to Universal Studios instead." This, too, would be after you were asked several questions either orally or in writing to help ascertain very indirectly that the tickets you submitted were indeed yours.

Thanks. I know that we need 1 day but we may add an extra day if we go to EMH at DHS the day of arrival. It all depends on if the weather cooperates and how much water park time we take.

My DD's friend will be coming with us when we go in Feb. Her friend has a 5 day PH that has never been used. The rest of us have AP. If she needs to add a day what would the cost be?
(She paid $349.50 incl tax for UT 5 day PH-the gate price is currently $381.27 incl tax for 6 day PH-I know it may or may not change by next month)
So if we are on property, she has used the ticket and we need to add a day will I have to pay the difference between the price she paid and the current gate price?
Also I did not purchase the original ticket-will that make a difference?

My DD's friend will be coming with us when we go in Feb. Her friend has a 5 day PH that has never been used. The rest of us have AP. If she needs to add a day what would the cost be?
(She paid $349.50 incl tax for UT 5 day PH-the gate price is currently $381.27 incl tax for 6 day PH-I know it may or may not change by next month)
So if we are on property, she has used the ticket and we need to add a day will I have to pay the difference between the price she paid and the current gate price?
Also I did not purchase the original ticket-will that make a difference?

It doesn't matter how much she paid; what matters is the gate price, which is currently $370.62 (and the price won't go up until June most likely.) This is where price bridging comes in - she should only have to pay the difference between the gate price of the 5 day PH and gate price of the 6 day PH, which is $10.65.

I had the same experience upgrading at Magic Kingdom a couple of months back, I asked why it cost so much I was expecting it to be less and he checked with someone and corrected it. I prefer if possible to upgrade at the animal kingdom, there is a guy there who is a young skinny flamboyant guy and he knows how to do it no questions asked

Have any of you upgraded a ticket to no expiry ? Hoping to get discounted runDisney tix and then upgrade them...... It shouldn't be any different than just adding days right?:confused3 As long as we use one day before upgrading...

Have any of you upgraded a ticket to no expiry ? Hoping to get discounted runDisney tix and then upgrade them...... It shouldn't be any different than just adding days right?:confused3 As long as we use one day before upgrading...

It has been posted on earlier threads that RunDisney tickets cannot be upgraded or modified because they are discounted more than tickets from authorized third party ticket brokers such as UCT, Maple Leaf or AAA.

It doesn't matter how much she paid; what matters is the gate price, which is currently $370.62 (and the price won't go up until June most likely.) This is where price bridging comes in - she should only have to pay the difference between the gate price of the 5 day PH and gate price of the 6 day PH, which is $10.65.

Thanks.
So what should be the phrasing of my request to make sure it is done correctly? Something like "Can you please bridge this 5 day PH to add a 6th day?"

Thanks.
So what should be the phrasing of my request to make sure it is done correctly? Something like "Can you please bridge this 5 day PH to add a 6th day?"

I would just ask what it would cost to add a day, and if the answer isn't $10.65, say thank you, take the ticket back, and ask somewhere else. For some reason, not all CMs know how to do price bridging.

I upgraded my 7 day hoppers to AP's in Dec. I went to the guest relations in Epcot, the one inside near the front. After reading suggestions from the vets here, lol, I told the CM I wanted to upgrade my tickets to AP's. Then I asked him if he knew how to price bridge the tickets and he said 'of course'! I was really glad to hear that, lol! Then I asked him if he could check the price first and let me know before putting it through to make sure we were on the same page and he again said 'of course', and soon gave me the exact same numbers I was expecting! I was very happy how easily it worked out! I would have taken them back if he couldn't price bridge and numbers weren't what they should be. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter