Ticket upgrade & which park to get EP

DisneyFlash

Earning My Ears
Hello Everyone,

Planning a July trip...

Plan to buy tickets thru Undercovertourist and stay offsite. We are doing a split trip...Universal & WDW and not worth it to us to stay onsite to get the early entry & included EP...price too good offisite.

Question...if I buy park-to-park tix thru UCT, then can I add on an Express Pass at the Universal gate if we decide after we get there that we want to do that? In other words if after day one we see that we REALLY did need that EP, then can I purchase it at the park? Does it have to added to my ticket or is the EP a separate "ticket" altogether?

If we only wanted to buy a ONE day express pass...if we don't have it our budget to buy 2 days worth of express passes...
Should we buy the multi-park unlimited pass and try to hit as many rides as possible at both parks or buy the 1 time per ride xpress pass for just one park...if the latter, then which park Univ Studios or IOA??

Thanks for any help/info/advice....we have never been to Universal and the reason for this trip is two-fold...surprise for my wife for our 20th (she is HUGE harry potter fan) and to scout out Universal, so we can develop our strategy when we bring the kids back and can max out our fun with them. We are not worried about squeezing every little ounce out of the parks since it is just the two of us and we are celebrating each other more than the parks.

you can buy express passes inside the parks.

Now the question is to know IF there will still be Express Passes available.
They come in limited quantity, and once they're gone, they're gone.

Should we buy the multi-park unlimited pass and try to hit as many rides as possible at both parks or buy the 1 time per ride xpress pass for just one park..

what are you calling "multi park unlimited pass" ?
if you're referring to the unlimited express pass, then it will probably be more expensive than getting regular tickets and a room at RPR (which would give you 2 days of unlimited express if you would go for a 2 days ticket)

July is a tough call for predicting and answering your question outright. Here are my thoughts. The cost of EP's will be highest at that time. The HP headliners do not take EP's.

I would get the park to park ticket. Start with Diagon Alley, ride HE over to Hogsmeade. If that takes most of the first day, you will have a great time. With the rest of the first day, walk around, ride some rides and look at what wait times are. Get the lay of the land.

Maybe you will decide that day 2 you want to get EP for both parks (one time per ride). You can hit nearly everything else that way.

you can buy express passes inside the parks.

Now the question is to know IF there will still be Express Passes available.
They come in limited quantity, and once they're gone, they're gone.

what are you calling "multi park unlimited pass" ?
if you're referring to the unlimited express pass, then it will probably be more expensive than getting regular tickets and a room at RPR (which would give you 2 days of unlimited express if you would go for a 2 days ticket)

Yes...I was referring to the unlimited express pass....sorry!

BUT, great info at the top. I honestly did not know that they were in limited quantity, so thank you very much for that!!

July is a tough call for predicting and answering your question outright. Here are my thoughts. The cost of EP's will be highest at that time. The HP headliners do not take EP's.

I would get the park to park ticket. Start with Diagon Alley, ride HE over to Hogsmeade. If that takes most of the first day, you will have a great time. With the rest of the first day, walk around, ride some rides and look at what wait times are. Get the lay of the land.

Maybe you will decide that day 2 you want to get EP for both parks (one time per ride). You can hit nearly everything else that way.

Thank you! This is great info too! This is what we need to know.....

I am thinking we would do the "one time per ride" EP..this will be plenty for us this trip. So, any other advice is welcomed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter