Ticket Upgrade Question (not answered in the stickie!)

Lindz518

Earning My Ears
I did read the stickie and do not see this question addressed. We have a package booked for September with 8 day park hoppers and free dining. We booked it as a bounce back last September. We are now thinking about purchasing a condo in Florida and would want to upgrade to an annual pass in September. Gate price for 8 day hoppers are $374 plus tax. Seasonal passes for Fl Residents are $319 plus tax. Will it be possible to "upgrade" since the tickets we have paid for actually cost more? Can you upgrade from non resident tickets to a resident pass? Any other suggestions on how to handle this? Thanks!

Actually, it is addressed in post #7:

"If the Gate value of the ticket you want to upgrade from is higher than the price of the AP normally you will not be able to do an upgrade. If an exception is made, you will not receive a refund of the difference."

I meant to specify in the question, if I remove park hopping it brings the price down to $314.... then when I get there can I just pay $5 to upgrade? Also can you remove park hopping from a package if you are more than 45 days out?

You'd need to call...problem is that ticket is more expensive now. Disney May charge you $50 for modifying. Are Florida annual passes an option? Plus with the ticket increase will that also impact your package price if you make any changes. Your ticket value is now $419.61. Call Disney make sure to speak with an experienced agent. Florida Annual is $516.53. Good 366 days and it includes parking for 1 trip days or staying offsite.

We've actually done this the past two years. In 2012, we purchased a package with free dining and I think 4 day passes. We upgraded those passes to FL Resident weekday passes at City Hall. We got a HUGE sprinkling of pixie dust that day, and I've never been able to figure out HOW. The cast member managed to upgrade the passes, and then handed us a gift card containing the nearly $100 difference. We were stunned, to say the least.

Last year, the price difference wasn't as much because we only bought 2 day passes, but the cast member still handed us a $20-$30 gift card. He did say that they weren't suppose to do that, but to enjoy a meal on them. :goodvibes

Needless to say, I filled out comment cards for both cast members immediately.

Thanks so much!! That would be SO awesome if we can get the pixie dust too!! As of now I think we will keep our hoppers, try for some pixie dust, and if not just do a regular resident AP. Thanks!

I did read the stickie and do not see this question addressed. We have a package booked for September with 8 day park hoppers and free dining. We booked it as a bounce back last September. We are now thinking about purchasing a condo in Florida and would want to upgrade to an annual pass in September. Gate price for 8 day hoppers are $374 plus tax. Seasonal passes for Fl Residents are $319 plus tax. Will it be possible to "upgrade" since the tickets we have paid for actually cost more? Can you upgrade from non resident tickets to a resident pass? Any other suggestions on how to handle this? Thanks!

I am a bit confused why you did not buy am annual pass to start with? Do you live in Florida?
If not purchasing a condo in Florida will not qualify you for Florida residents tickets. If you buy a DVC from Disney they do currently offer members discounts on annual passes.

Per the Disney website part time residents qualify for the discount. I called and asked and the phone CM said buying a vacation home would qualify. She also said that I could upgrade once I got there and get a credit but I am obviously not going to 100% count on that. I did not buy a resident pass to begin with because we booked a bounce back package for free dining last September when we were not starting the process of purchasing a condo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter