Ticket to AP question

stubby

Mouseketeer
Hello all. We had to move our dates for Disneyland up one week. With that said we were going to be buying an AP however, now we are going to get there on a black out day(Deluxe). If we buy a ticket and go in and then go back out and upgrade will we be able to reenter the park for the rest of that blackout day? Would we be able to use the discount as well? Hoping I am not being too confusing on what we would like to do.

Thanks for all your help!

My understanding is that whether your pass is blocked or not, you can use your pass on the day you buy it (but not with renewals).

Yes, you can do that. Just tell the CM at the ticket booth that you will be visiting the parks that day, and they will give you a special pass.

Hello all. We had to move our dates for Disneyland up one week. With that said we were going to be buying an AP however, now we are going to get there on a black out day(Deluxe). If we buy a ticket and go in and then go back out and upgrade will we be able to reenter the park for the rest of that blackout day? Would we be able to use the discount as well? Hoping I am not being too confusing on what we would like to do.

Thanks for all your help!
If you're going soon could you report back here? Considering doing the same thing and my dates are the same with a blocked arrival day only.

If you are buying an AP for the first time (or if you previous AP expired and enough time has lapsed you are NOT renewing an old AP, but buying a 'new' AP) you can enter the park the first day your purchase your AP regardless of if it is a blackout date or not.

The only thing that might be confusing is if you pre-purchase your AP online and try to go in on a blackout date. Unfortunately I can't remember what the policy is anymore so that is less useful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter