• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ticket Questions

RayRing

Mouseketeer
Our family of 4 will be travelling to Universal Studios for 2+ days in late December, and staying at the HRH. Our kids are around 10 years old.

It has been a long time since I have been to Universal, and our kids have never been there.

I estimate that on the day we fly into Orlando, we will get to the hotel a little before 3pm.

I was looking at the ticket prices and options on the Universal site, and have a couple of questions.

1) Is it worth getting a 3rd day of tickets for the day we arrive (given that we will get there around 3pm), or should we just check-in, hit the pool if warm enough, and maybe eat at City Walk.

2) If we get tickets for 2 days, should we get Base Tickets or Park-to-Park Tickets. For 4 adults - for 2 days, the marginal cost for Park-to-Park Tickets would be $80 more.

I am thinking of going with the Park-to-Park Tickets, to allow the kids to do the WWHP on both mornings, and then split the rest of the parks over the two days.

Let me know what you all think.

Thanks.

http://www.universalorlando.com/Resort-Information/Theme-Park-Hours.aspx

that is the park calendar for hours
(change the setting to dec in the upper right hand corner)

from the 17th to the end of the month, ioa closes either at 10 or 11.
exception is the 17th closes at 9:00 pm.

last week of december that park is open until 11 pm.

studios hours are listed in the calendar below the first one.

if you are arriving around 3ish, do the parks.
how can you be at universal and not hit the parks when you will have from 3 to 11 pm to explore and have fun......

if you have the 2 day park tickets, you can upgrade them to a 3 day or to a park hopper at guest services.
it is cheaper to do that then to buy more tickets.

And on another note, buying through Universal's site doesn't guarantee you the lowest prices. Undercover Tourist, an authorized Disney and Universal ticket seller, offers up cheaper rates overall. What's even better is the prices include tax, a good refund policy (should you have to cancel your vacation) and free shipping.

Can't beat that. :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter