Ticket Question

HopperFan

"It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess."
DS is a high school coach and their team will be heading down in Oct to compete. They go twice a year and for many years have gone to UO for their park days. This year they are going to MK.

DS has a Disney AP. The team is getting group/team tickets. Will he be able to hold that ticket for a friend on a later trip and use his AP or does that kind of ticket have an expire date?

Youth tickets have an expiration date, usually quite close to the planned trip. They also cannot be upgraded or changed in any way. Check with the company organizing the trip; sometimes they allow guests who have APs to opt out of the ticket cost for the trip.

Youth tickets have an expiration date, usually quite close to the planned trip. They also cannot be upgraded or changed in any way. Check with the company organizing the trip; sometimes they allow guests who have APs to opt out of the ticket cost for the trip.

Thanks. Well he is a coach and their team procures the tickets from Disney direct. He can opt out but it won't save him anything personally. It would just mean a loss of value to his time since it's not a perk to him.

Thanks. Well he is a coach and their team procures the tickets from Disney direct. He can opt out but it won't save him anything personally. It would just mean a loss of value to his time since it's not a perk to him.

So you are saying that the team pays for his ticket because he's the coach? Confused what you mean about the loss of value to his time. I'd think that he'd be all for saving the group the money, if he can.

He can take the ticket and use it for himself for a day instead of his AP if he is worried about missing out on a perk. But he will not be able to give it away unless he gives it to someone who is there around the same time as the event.

So you are saying that the team pays for his ticket because he's the coach? Confused what you mean about the loss of value to his time. I'd think that he'd be all for saving the group the money, if he can.

Coaches are grossly underpaid in our community. While they are responsible for 130-170 kids, they make around $5 per hour. They are paid nothing for their away trip which is 4 full days. That doesn't even include the impact to their teacher schedules etc. His sport is year round with only breaks for a few weeks in winter and few weeks in summer making it difficult to pick up 3rd jobs. He coaches at a VERY AFFLUENT school, ground zero for one of the wealthiest cities in the nation. I used to admin the same sport at another school closeby and it frustrates me no end how little they pay these coaches, I paid mine much more. You can look at it that the coaches are having their tickets covered to go to the parks so that is a backdoor pay, but for him it's no pay, not a perk. Now when they went to Universal, yes it was because he doesn't have an AP there, if they agreed to just give him cash for the value of his ticket that would be a perk OR if the ticket could be saved for a later trip for him to bring a friend.

He can take the ticket and use it for himself for a day instead of his AP if he is worried about missing out on a perk. But he will not be able to give it away unless he gives it to someone who is there around the same time as the event.

That is what he thought. Thank you.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply anything -- it seems I hit a nerve! But now I understand better what you are saying. I was honestly confused what you meant. My groups are high school bands and choirs, and the way it usually works is that the directors get their entire trips comped, and chaperones usually get a discount. Exactly how that is set up is up to the group.

One possibility I thought of is if there is a parent or other family member who will be down there but not part of the group package, he could sell his ticket to him or her.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply anything -- it seems I hit a nerve! But now I understand better what you are saying. I was honestly confused what you meant. My groups are high school bands and choirs, and the way it usually works is that the directors get their entire trips comped, and chaperones usually get a discount. Exactly how that is set up is up to the group.

One possibility I thought of is if there is a parent or other family member who will be down there but not part of the group package, he could sell his ticket to him or her.

Not really nerve, your response sounded like he should be trying to help them save money ... he saves them plenty. My point is that he is getting no perk from the ticket, so I was just trying to see if he could use this "backdoor" pay another time. There may be a coach's family down there but he would just give them the ticket. Worth a shot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter