Ticket Question

LauraC

Mouseketeer
I recently purchased multi-day park-to-park tickets online through Universal and the tickets were FedEx'd to me. When I ordered tickets 5 years ago, I used the print-at-home option and had to enter a person's name for each ticket. Since I have actual tickets this time, I have no name assigned to each ticket.

When we went 5 years ago, we never had our identity checked at the park entrance. We just showed them our print-at-home tickets. I read online that they now use biometric fingerprint scans to link each person to the ticket. However, my children have issues with fingerprint scans recognizing them. For school lunches, my kids had to recite their student ID number each day to have their school lunch account charged because it could not read their fingerprint scan.

I understand that if the Universal machine can't register the fingerprint, you will be required to show a photo ID. My kids now have driver's licenses and have a photo ID, so that is not an issue. What I need to know is how does the park know that the ID you are showing really belongs to that ticket? Do you provide a name when you enter the park the first time? If not, I can't see a valid reason for having to show photo ID. :confused3 I know I'm missing something here. I just want to make sure we don't have any issues on the 2nd and 3rd day when we enter the park. I would also assume that it would be okay to put initials on each one so that we don't get them mixed up?

Or am I putting way to much thought into this? :scratchin :rotfl:

Not sure the age where kids need fingerscans; my 10 year old hasn't needed to do it yet.

You'll put your name on the tickets right there at the turnstile on the first time through. They have pens and everything.

If you'd chosen Will Call, when you picked them up at the kiosk I believe it would have printed the name on the ticket.

I recently purchased multi-day park-to-park tickets online through Universal and the tickets were FedEx'd to me. When I ordered tickets 5 years ago, I used the print-at-home option and had to enter a person's name for each ticket. Since I have actual tickets this time, I have no name assigned to each ticket.

When we went 5 years ago, we never had our identity checked at the park entrance. We just showed them our print-at-home tickets. I read online that they now use biometric fingerprint scans to link each person to the ticket. However, my children have issues with fingerprint scans recognizing them. For school lunches, my kids had to recite their student ID number each day to have their school lunch account charged because it could not read their fingerprint scan.

I understand that if the Universal machine can't register the fingerprint, you will be required to show a photo ID. My kids now have driver's licenses and have a photo ID, so that is not an issue. What I need to know is how does the park know that the ID you are showing really belongs to that ticket? Do you provide a name when you enter the park the first time? If not, I can't see a valid reason for having to show photo ID. :confused3 I know I'm missing something here. I just want to make sure we don't have any issues on the 2nd and 3rd day when we enter the park. I would also assume that it would be okay to put initials on each one so that we don't get them mixed up?

Or am I putting way to much thought into this? :scratchin :rotfl:

i have had to do the thumbprint the last two years after my ap is scanned in.
before, it was rare for it to be requested. (thumb print)

with my sons, they had to sign the first time they used their multiday pass.
when older, they showed their DL at entrance with ticket.
no finger scanning.

seems like over the years the system has changed during admittance to the park no matter what type of ticket / ap you have.

since your offspring have difficulties with fingerscans, there has to be a better way for them

i suggest you send guest services an email and ask them how to handle the entrance to the park once their ticket has been scanned.
include your phone number as TM's have made call backs to discuss it live instead of by email.

you have over 3 more months before your vacation begins so do it soon and have peace of mind of this situation.

op, no i don't believe you are over thinking this situation.
i'm sure others will read your question and say to themselves, i would like to see an answer to this.

Thanks! Signing the ticket at the entrance was the piece that I was missing. I didn't see that online anywhere. That will help us prevent getting the tickets mixed up between us as well. I may still contact customer service just to verify what the procedure may be in August since it does seem to change. If I hear anything differently, I will post that here.

i notice that some experience different things all the time at the darkside.
same thing for the motherland too.

policies do change so i understand that you want to wait before your trip before contacting guest services.

I was at UOR with a friend & his wife and two tween daughters. They each had to sign their printouts but the girls didn't need to do the finger scan as long as the parent(s) were with them. Girls that young couldn't enter without the parents, so, moot problem anyway.

Can you sign or label the tickets beforehand, or do you need to do it in the presence of the TMs?

Can you sign or label the tickets beforehand, or do you need to do it in the presence of the TMs?

if it states on the paperwork to be signed at the gate, then wait and sign in front of the TM.

if no indication is listed, go ahead and sign them now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter