ticket question

christinou

<font color=teal>Is now a Tag Fairy believer and i
I am new to Universal, we are coming in for 2 days and staying at royal pacific, with an annual passholder rate. We are planning to buy 1 3 day ticket and 1 power pass. Do we need the power pass when we check in?

I was thinking of buying two 3 day park to park ticket from Undercover tourist and then upgrading 1 to a power pass is that possible and can I do it at the hotel?

Any advice would be great

I just purchased a power pass and was told that you have to go through turnstile first to activate it then go to hotel if you are using the APH discount. I did not even think about buying from undercover first then upgrading. That is a good idea as long as the upgrade process does not take to long.

I bought my power pass through USF 214.99 plus tax and a 2 day park to park with 1 day free promo through undercover for 163.99.

The activation is a little bit of an inconvenience. It will be just me and my 5 yr old DD. I am taking a taxi from airport. I am debating if I should go to Royal Pacific first drop off minimal luggage then head to turnstile or go to IOA turnstile with our luggage then go to hotel. Our flight gets in 8:10 am. Any thoughts?

I am going with my family next month and staying at HRH with an AP rate.
I am planning on buying my AP and picking it up at the kiosk.
We'll be driving in getting there in the evening and have no plans on the park that night.
I'll just run over to the ticket kiosk, get my ticket, and go back to check-in. I assume this works?
The above post is the first time I've heard of having an 'activated' ticket to check in.

The rep who booked my Hotel room also advised me to make sure my AP was activated before checking in as well. Any one else have experience in using APH discount.

I guess I could enter the park after picking up the ticket? That activates it, right?

You don't need to have it activated. They rarely even ask for it. If they do, just show them the receipt and then show the pass to them later.

You don't need to have it activated. They rarely even ask for it. If they do, just show them the receipt and then show the pass to them later.

I like that statement it would a lot easier to be able to check in first then show them the annual pass after getting it at the park.

I like that statement it would a lot easier to be able to check in first then show them the annual pass after getting it at the park.

Ya, don't worry about it. It my many, many years of going to Universal and being here on these boards, not once have I heard of someone having problems with their annual pass at check-in.

I have never been asked for my AP during multiple stays each year.

I have never been asked for my AP during multiple stays each year.

lucky you.
my experience has been the opposite.

for two different stays onsite this year, i had to show mine at check in.

asked last year also to show it.

it's not a complaint that i have to show it, but just saying some TM's at the hotel do ask for the verification of the ap.

can't you just buy the pass online through universal and then show it to the hotel before actually going to the parks?

Wouldn't showing them the actual pass be good enough? Why would you have to have it activated first?

We've stayed on AP rate at least 5 times in 2 years and never yet been asked to see the AP at any time.

We've stayed on AP rate at least 5 times in 2 years and never yet been asked to see the AP at any time.

just the opposite with me.
have stayed onsite since the hotels went up.
in 2014, two trips with ap room rates.

had to show my ap each time when i checked in.

i can't think of a time where i haven't been ask to show it.

i'm guessing they need to check if it was current and renewed.
i have the older preferred passes than what is issued now.

just the opposite with me. have stayed onsite since the hotels went up. in 2014, two trips with ap room rates. had to show my ap each time when i checked in. i can't think of a time where i haven't been ask to show it. i'm guessing they need to check if it was current and renewed. i have the older preferred passes than what is issued now.
We are just the opposite of you, Mac. I have never been asked for my AP. Just got informed we are platinum level when we checked into PBR this morning. Need to go look up the benefits....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter