• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ticket question

BRMommy

Earning My Ears
I have a question about tickets for our upcoming trip. Is it possible to utilize two tickets on the same day to enter two parks if you do not have the park hopper option? We don't do a lot of park hopping. But we may go one night to a different park than we spent the day at just to see fireworks or such. It would be much cheaper to buy a 9 day pass as opposed to the 6 day we need with the park hopper option. That would give us 3 extra tickets if we could do this. Will it work? Hope I haven't been too confusing.

If you have one 9-day ticket without the park hopper option, you will not be able to use that one ticket for entry into two different parks on the same day.

Hope this helps.
Mav

I have a question about tickets for our upcoming trip. Is it possible to utilize two tickets on the same day to enter two parks if you do not have the park hopper option? We don't do a lot of park hopping. But we may go one night to a different park than we spent the day at just to see fireworks or such. It would be much cheaper to buy a 9 day pass as opposed to the 6 day we need with the park hopper option. That would give us 3 extra tickets if we could do this. Will it work? Hope I haven't been too confusing.

No, Disney is smarter than that. If you try to go to a second park in the same day, it will deny entry.

Thanks guys! Kinda figured that would be the answer. Looks like it will be Park Hoppers all around for our family. :grouphug:

You do not have to buy the hopping until you get to the second park on a given day. Hopping costs the same ($55) whenever you add it and regardless of how many days the ticket has or had.

You do not need hopping if you have a different valid ticket card for example Very Merry Christmas Party (party tickets are valid starting at 4 PM).

You don't have to add park hopping in advance. You can just wait and see if you'll actually want to use it and just add it at guest relations outside of the park you want to hop to.

I'll admit, I had to reread the question a couple times.

If you've got two separate TICKETS (different admission media, both with a major park day entitlement available and the ticket associated with you or otherwise unused), you could use each of them to enter two different parks. However, it isn't cost effective to really do this as you'd have to purchase a separate ticket, which costs MORE than the PH option. Or, as SeashoreCM says, if you've got separate ticket for a "hard ticket" event that includes park admission - if you have a MVMCP ticket, you could go to a park other than MK during the day, then go to MK after the MVMCP ticket becomes valid (4pm usually).

But it seems you were asking if you could use two park DAY entitlements on a single ticket, and that as already answered is an emphatic "NO!" (one of the most commonly asked questions)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter