• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ticket Question - please help :-)

Daisy21015

Mouseketeer
I apologize if this isn't the correct board. I have a ticket question that I hope I can explain:

A friend paid $150 (total) for four 1-Day Park Hopper tickets at an Auction. She said it is a gift card.

She wants to be able to add days to this. Would she be able to add days as with any other ticket?

For Example - for her family of 3 disney adults and 1 child the park hopper price for one day (which she has) would be $536. If she wnated 3 days total the cost would be $1090. Would she pay the difference for adding the 2 days - $554?? Would this be done once at the park or is it possible to do beforehand?

Any help would be much appreciated. If you need more info, let me know and I will talk with her some more.

Thanks!!

from the ticket sticky post #19

Complimentary Tickets

These tickets will normally say on them one of the following: Complimentary, Compassion, Comp, or CP.

They are given to people to make up for a problem and are considered Guest Recovery. These are the tickets that are given to Wish children and their families. In 2010 during the cutoff of trans-Atlantic flights due to the volcano they were given to stranded tourists.

These are also donated to non-profit organizations to auction of sell for their fund raising purposes.

These tickets tend to be one day for either one park or with hopping, but they can be at any level. These tickets, once issued, cannot be upgraded or modified in any way.

This sounds like what your friend got and they cannot be upgraded in any way.

She is going to check and see if they say this. I also asked about what type of event she got the tickets at.

I called a disney rep and they said she could upgrade but I also know that I could get 10 different stories from 10 different reps. I just want to help her avoid thinking she can upgrade and then get down there to find out she can't. It is the difference of a lot of money.

Thanks for your help!

These tickets were won at an auction held by Extreme Family Outreach during an event at our church. Extreme Family Outreach is a non profit organization reaching out to the community we live in.

My friend thinks these tickets were donated from Disney to Extreme Family Outreach. She will check them tonight to see what all they say on them.

Upgrading of tickets can only be done at a WDW ticket window or Guest Relations Office.

And, as a prior poster said, if these are comps they cannot be upgraded ijn any way.

If this is the situation, and you needed three days have one adult use three of the tickets, one adult use one of them and buy a two-day hopper, and have the third adult and child get three-day hoppers.

Likewise if you need four days, have one adult use the four comps and then buy two adult and one child four-day hoppers.

You might want to look at the Everything About WDW Tickets locked sticky in this Forum. Especially the items bolded in the list below.

Post and Contents

1. This Table of Contents
2. Magic Your Way (MYW) Ticket Basics Including Definitions
3. Annual Passes and Water Park Tickets
4. Tickets Available Only to Florida Residents
5. Tickets Not Available to the General Public
6. Upgrading MYW Tickets (Not to Annual Passes)

7. Upgrading Tickets to Annual Passes
8. Dealing With Tickets Issued Prior to 1 January 2005 (Pre-MYW)
9. Children and Adults
10. Special Events
11. Comprehensive MYW Ticket Example
12. Hotel Card (Key To The World (KTTW))
13. Lost Tickets
14. Finger Scans
15. Frequently Asked Ticket Questions.
15A. Hopping Rules
15B. WPF&M With No Expire
15C. No Expire Upgrades
15D. Upgrading an Unused Ticket
15E. Upgrading Special Tickets
15F. Checking on Old Tickets
15G. Renewing Annual Passes
15H. Upgrading a Completely Used Ticket
15I. Getting Park Tickets Before Package Start Date
15J. Upgrading After Departure

Page Two of the Sticky

16. Resident 4 Day Wild 4 Disney Pass
17. 2011/2012 Armed Forces Salute Tickets
18. Prices Effective August 5, 2010
19. "Free" Tickets and Special Promotions

20. Ticket Purchase/Upgrade Locations and Telephones
21. Florida Resident Installment Purchases of Annual Passes

To get there directly, follow the link in my signature.

I have similar tickets and was wondering the same thing. I have read and reread the "Everything about WDW" several times. I am trying to figure out if my tickets can be upgraded.

Do her tickets specifically read 1 day hopper tickets and do they have a persons name on the bottom left corner?

Cheshire Figment- Do comp tickets say anything on them that specifies them as comp tickets?

I have similar tickets and was wondering the same thing. I have read and reread the "Everything about WDW" several times. I am trying to figure out if my tickets can be upgraded.

Do her tickets specifically read 1 day hopper tickets and do they have a persons name on the bottom left corner?

Cheshire Figment- Do comp tickets say anything on them that specifies them as comp tickets?

#19 bolded above

Complimentary Tickets

These tickets will normally say on them one of the following: Complimentary, Compassion, Comp, or CP.

They are given to people to make up for a problem and are considered Guest Recovery. These are the tickets that are given to Wish children and their families. In 2010 during the cutoff of trans-Atlantic flights due to the volcano they were given to stranded tourists.

These are also donated to non-profit organizations to auction of sell for their fund raising purposes.

These tickets tend to be one day for either one park or with hopping, but they can be at any level. These tickets, once issued, cannot be upgraded or modified in any way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter