Ticket question...buying 9 months in advance

Christina-B-Na

Mouseketeer
Hey all! Im busy planning and obsessing about our trip in November and apologize for this likely silly question.:earboy2:
Anyone have any experience buying tix far in advance? I was considering buying our tickets now to spread out of some of my vacay costs over the next several months and also to possibly avoid the annual price hikes.
Getaway has adult tix at a kid price right now. If I buy these now, would they still be valid come November? Even if they do a price hike? Any downside to buying now versus later?
Thanks in advance!!

Tickets bought today should be valid until Dec 31st 2016, they likely won't be refundable but from what I have been told if your trip was delayed until next year your tickets would be ho outed but you may have to pay a price difference if you did not use them until 2017.

We've purchased many times from Getawaytoday. If you have their "Peace of Mind Plan" you can actually return the tickets for a full refund--at least we were able to last November when my son blew out his ACL 3 weeks before our trip. :) Without the "Peace of Mind Plan" I don't know how it works. GAT is awesome to deal with, so you could call them and someone would be able to answer all your questions. :) We moved our trip to last month, through GAT, and had a great time. We've booked another through them for May...

As for ticket expiration, my understanding is similar to sherilaine: expire at end of 2016 if bought this year. Then they generally expire 13 days after the first use, so I believe you can go in near the end of the year and then get the remaining days in during the first two weeks of the next year. November should be just fine. I don't know about "reactivating" them for the price difference if after 12/31/2016, but it would make sense. Maybe GAT could answer that one too?

Well worth it to buy now IMO. There's no chance they'll get cheaper but there's a high probability they'll go up!

Where did you find the adult tickets at the kid price? I looked at DL tickets at Getawaytoday and I don't see that deal

Did you put in the actual dates you want to use them? It looked to me that deal may only include Feb dates. If so they may be special tickets not valid later. I would ask for clarification before purchasing

Hmm... I see what you are saying. The mobile version did not ask for dates but the full website did. My dates in November were available. It looks like you need to buy a 3 day or longer park hopper to take advantage of it.
I will probably call over to them to verify though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter