• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ticket pricing

Hayleybot

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone, we are going May 3rd and 4th. I've been looking into purchasing our tickets here soon but I noticed that we are going on value days. For me, the husband and our oldest son to buy two day non hoppers it is $585 but if we buy them separately, each day is $285 which makes the total $570 for both days. (I hope I'm making sense lol) I even checked the ticket pricing on getawaytoday and it is still not as cheap ($579) as buying them separate. Is there an disadvantage in buying them separately for the two days?

There is no disadvantage, you save $15 buying 2 value day tickets vs buying 2-Day tickets.

This is just one of the few quirks of Disney's tiered 1-Day ticket pricing.

Would they have to stand in the ticket line both days in order to buy value tickets? Since the value tickets are date-specific, I was under the impression that they would have to be purchased and used on the same day. If so, it might be worth it to buy the two-day tickets and not have to stand in that line twice (or at all).

Would they have to stand in the ticket line both days in order to buy value tickets? Since the value tickets are date-specific, I was under the impression that they would have to be purchased and used on the same day. If so, it might be worth it to buy the two-day tickets and not have to stand in that line twice (or at all).

I believe you can still buy the tickets ahead of time online.

They can be purchased online (I did so myself a few days ago). The ticket section of the DL website is laid out so you know what ticket tier each specific date falls under. If someone wasn't to know what date they would be attending, they can pick any date as the tickets are good through to December 31 2018 - the only catch being if you buy a Value ticket and attend on a Regular or Peak day, you need to pay the difference. If it's the other way, purchase a higher-price ticket and attend on a Value day, you forfeit the extra amount that you paid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter