Ticket prices just went up

dmunsil

Disney Uber-Nerd
Universal just raised prices this morning, 2/26. New prices (with tax):

Code:
Ticket Type                         Adults   Kids (3-9) 

1-Day/1-Park (Base) Ticket          $108.63  $103.31 

1-Day/2-Park (Park-to-Park) Ticket  $156.56  $151.23 

2-Day/1-Park (Base) Ticket          $181.04  $170.39 

2-Day/2-Park (Park-to-Park) Ticket  $228.96  $218.31 

3-Day/1-Park (Base) Ticket          $191.69  $181.04 

3-Day/2-Park (Park-to-Park) Ticket  $239.61  $228.96 

4-Day/1-Park (Base) Ticket          $202.34  $191.69 

4-Day/2-Park (Park-to-Park) Ticket  $250.26  $239.61

knew it was gonna happen to the darkside tickets once rumors started about the motherland's increase.
in the last ticket increase, the AP rates for preferred didn't go up.
might not be that way for anyone renewing at this point.

thanks for sharing the info chart.

Last edited:
I just went to purchase tickets and freaked out. We planned on buying the 2 day park to park ticket with 1 day free. For our family the total cost was going to be $739. When I went to the site today the total price was $1017!!! I shot over to undercover tourist and snagged the exact same tickets for $701! Crisis averted!

AP prices look like they stayed the same, right? So now, the AP inc tax is the same price as a 2 day pass? $228?

Last edited:
AP prices look like they stayed the same, right? So now, the AP inc tax is the same price as a 2 day pass? $228?
The Power Pass, the lowest-level pass with blackouts, is the same price as the front-gate price of the 2-day park-to-park adult, correct. However, tickets can be had at significant discounts and annual passes can't, making the "street" prices probably more equivalent to the 4-day.

i have been paying $170.xx for the renewal of the preferred ap.
base for it was $159 then with the add on taxes it was the 170.

are you saying the preferred renewal is now up?
if it is, that $58 more is still affordable.

anybody catch whether PAP holders can still purchase discounted tickets at the gate & what the discount is now?

cant' remember if the perk applies to single or just multi-day tickets

Wow. I am so relieved that I already bought my tickets. That's quite a price bump.

I just went to purchase tickets and freaked out. We planned on buying the 2 day park to park ticket with 1 day free. For our family the total cost was going to be $739. When I went to the site today the total price was $1017!!! I shot over to undercover tourist and snagged the exact same tickets for $701! Crisis averted!

As of now, UT is still showing the "old" ticket prices, and are advertising their tickets for WDW & UO as "while supplies last" for the old prices. I just received the tickets I purchased last week, which show a purchase date (I assume this is the date that UT purchased them from UO) of 1/28/15. So, it appears that Undercover Tourist has about a 3 week supply on hand, at least for those tickets. Of course, it probably varies from one ticket to another, and the recent price increase may drive sales over the next week or so.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info - I just bought tix from ticketsatwork at their old prices, don't know how long it will be before they raise theirs too.

Looking at just Adult tickets. The smallest % change was in the 1 day base ticket. The biggest whammy was in the 2 day park to park ticket. Which like people have stated is now the same price as a Power Pass (until AP prices increase some time later). Looking at Gate Prices.
Code:
                                         New    Old          $         %
                                         Price    Price    Change   Change
1-Day/1-Park (Base) Ticket             108.63    102.24    6.39       6.3%
1-Day/2-Park (Park-to-Park) Ticket     156.56    144.84   11.72       8.1%
2-Day/1-Park (Base) Ticket             181.04    165.83   15.21       9.2%
2-Day/2-Park (Park-to-Park) Ticket     228.96    207.99   20.97      10.1%
3-Day/1-Park (Base) Ticket             191.69    175.19   16.50       9.4%
3-Day/2-Park (Park-to-Park) Ticket     239.61    219.07   20.54       9.4%
4-Day/1-Park (Base) Ticket             202.34    187.40   14.94       8.0%
4-Day/2-Park (Park-to-Park) Ticket     250.26    229.71   20.54       8.9%

So, historically, do the AP prices go up every year too. It is usually after the daily pass increase? Would it be wise to get my APs now instead of waiting till the summer?

Glad I saw this! I had been waiting to buy my tickets for some reason, and was aghast to see them go up so much. However, I went to Undercover and got them for what seems like a good deal. I've never used that service because I am usually just buying one or two adult tickets and you don't save that much. Is it normal for them to have security concerns and want a Driver's License? I sent it, but seems weird.

Thanks for posting this. I scrambled over to UT just now and bought our tickets for June before they update their prices. Thank goodness as it would have sucked spending another $200+. Was hoping to wait on the purchase another month since I just paid for the hotel, Discovery Cove, and Orlando City MLS tickets and was tapped out but the price hike would have hurt more.

I wonder if Universal Photo Connect is going up as well ... better get that now too in case it does. What's another $89 in the overall scheme of thing LOL.

So, historically, do the AP prices go up every year too. It is usually after the daily pass increase? Would it be wise to get my APs now instead of waiting till the summer?

the preferred has not gone up every year.
that is what i have and i have been renewing mine since 2003.

the past two years, i have not had an increase in my rate.

my renewal date is in April.
i usually receive a reminder notice in March.

i have no idea if pap rates will be increased also now since ticket prices have.

the preferred has not gone up every year.
that is what i have and i have been renewing mine since 2003.

the past two years, i have not had an increase in my rate.

my renewal date is in April.
i usually receive a reminder notice in March.

i have no idea if pap rates will be increased also now since ticket prices have.

I think the "renewal" rate for Universal Annual Passes has stayed the same for several years. The initial price has increased annually. A quick look at the internet wayback machine shows an initial price of $165 for a power pass and $225 for a preferred pass in Dec 2012. Today they are $215 and $295 for the initial pass and $135 and $159 for renewals.

I think the "renewal" rate for Universal Annual Passes has stayed the same for several years. The initial price has increased annually. A quick look at the internet wayback machine shows an initial price of $165 for a power pass and $225 for a preferred pass in Dec 2012. Today they are $215 and $295 for the initial pass and $135 and $159 for renewals.

you are correct on that.
the preffer ap did have some increases but for the renewal peeps, no increase the past years.
that initial rate pass has climbed and the darkside has given the renewal peeps a bonus.

all repeat APers appreciate that !

I can confirm that the renewal prices are the same. I just renewed mine this morning. $170.xx for preferred and I was able to renew and upgrade my dd's power pass to preferred for the same price as renewing the preferred pass. I was surprised that there was no other upcharge for going from power to preferred.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter