Ticket Prices Increasing June 12th!

Is ARES a safe place to buy tickets today? We are going to DL in September, so I don't expect a better price than the "special offer", but ARES website still has the old prices, which of course are much better than the special. Oh, the pressure of what to do!

I've never, personally, used them but they've been spoken pretty highly of here and other Disney boards that I have visited. I wouldn't shy away from using them (especially with the old prices still posted). In fact, I'm kicking myself for not remembering them when I bought my tickets yesterday (I could have saved myself $20.00 through ARES). If it were me I'd go for it before they they change their prices, also.

Is ARES a safe place to buy tickets today? We are going to DL in September, so I don't expect a better price than the "special offer", but ARES website still has the old prices, which of course are much better than the special. Oh, the pressure of what to do!

I've used ARES several times without any issue or complaint. :thumbsup2

Yes exactly. I guess the key point is when does the voucher expire, and I called to find out. It expires 1 year from the date of purchase.

:confused3
I bought 3 vouchers for DAP's last night before the increase and when I viewed the e-tickets it says I have to redeem them by 12/31/11!!

Nowhere on their terms & conditions or their website did it indicate I had to use them by a certain date- I went by the posts in this thread that said good for 1 year from date of purchase...

So now I wonder do I need to schedule a trip sooner than 2012.:confused:
(I was waiting for Jan or Feb 2012- when my son graduates from colleges- for a surprise trip... his schedule is too hectic before then)

I bought 3 vouchers for DAP's last night before the increase and when I viewed the e-tickets it says I have to redeem them by 12/31/11!!

Nowhere on their terms & conditions or their website did it indicate I had to use them by a certain date- I went by the posts in this thread that said good for 1 year from date of purchase...

(I was waiting for Jan or Feb 2012- when my son graduates from colleges- for a surprise trip... his schedule is too hectic before then)
I had an similar issue with tickets where they expired before I was able to use my first visit, not only did I call but when I went to the ticketing window I just had to pay the difference between the old and new price.

Yikes! It seems Disneyland is going to be just a big nightly dream for me and my family for a long time! Just priced this family of 5 out of a trip unless we win the Powerball! Not a happy person right now. :sad1:

I would call the AP line on Monday. They definitely told me that the voucher would be good a year from the purchase date. I just took a look at my voucher after seeing your post, and it says the same as yours - redeem before 12/31/11.

We were debating whether to go for for Xmas this year, and if they stick to this expiration date, I guess we will.

Looks like one last trip for the naders next year. I'm sure the prices will go up 'again' by then. :sad1:

I would call the AP line on Monday. They definitely told me that the voucher would be good a year from the purchase date. I just took a look at my voucher after seeing your post, and it says the same as yours - redeem before 12/31/11.

We were debating whether to go for for Xmas this year, and if they stick to this expiration date, I guess we will.

I have a strong feeling this policy has recently been changed.

I made sure to read the T&C's more than once before my purchase...
why wouldn't they indicate the use by date on the AP's.. makes no sense at all. The increase wouldn't have been such a shock if I knew I could do the payment plan as of today for No Calif.... oh well.

I will go with just my DD in December if we have to;) ,to avoid paying the increase on 2 of the 3 vouchers. I dread moving around my already schedule vacation at work tho. We'll just have to go again after the graduation with DS too. oh darn...:lmao:

I have a strong feeling this policy has recently been changed.

If that is the case they need to CLEARLY mark that info on their site.
All the other tickets indicate a use by date...:confused:
You basically do not find out until after the purchase.:sad2:

I made sure to read the T&C's more than once before my purchase...
why wouldn't they indicate the use by date on the AP's.. makes no sense at all. The increase wouldn't have been such a shock if I knew I could do the payment plan as of today for No Calif.... oh well.

I will go with just my DD in December if we have to;) ,to avoid paying the increase on 2 of the 3 vouchers. I dread moving around my already schedule vacation at work tho. We'll just have to go again after the graduation with DS too. oh darn...:lmao:

I did the same thing as you guys! I read these boards, I read the T&Cs, etc. There was NEVER anything saying when they expired. Disney really has to get its act together when it comes to communication :eek:. The CMs tell you different things depending on the luck of the draw, because some agents said one year and another told me December 31. The actual eTickets says December 31 but when you read the fine print, it says January 5, 2011. That is underneath the advertisement info for the photo pass. WT?!

And it is totally irritating (and great) that there is now a monthly payment plan for all Californians. If they would have mentioned that before, I bet some of us would have just waited a day, paid a bit more, but had a chance to spread out the cost. Do you pay interest on the monthly payment plan? Wait, I just checked it out and it's $34.92/month x 12 months + $80. I definitely would have done that!

Not loving the (give or take) net $25 increase for online hopper prices! Like others, I'd gambled that it would just be more like a $5 net increase, which is how it used to be.

Our AAA website seems to be listing old prices, with 5-day hoppers at $211, for use by 12/31. I didn't really mean to buy so early, but now we're kind of locked in. Though that's not a horrible thing, as it will help me Disney dream. :lovestruc

Yikes! It seems Disneyland is going to be just a big nightly dream for me and my family for a long time! Just priced this family of 5 out of a trip unless we win the Powerball! Not a happy person right now. :sad1:
I feel your pain! :sad2:

I have a family of 6. We annual passes from 2007-2008. I've been back with friends since then, but we haven't been back as a family because we've been waiting for the remodel to be complete, and have been taking trips elsewhere in the meantime.

The last time we had APs we had one premium for myself, and deluxes for everyone else. It cost us around $1300. To do the same thing again would run us over $2300. That's just for park entry. Doesn't include hotel, food, gas, etc. Definitely not in our budget. :guilty:

I bought our 6 day park hoppers last night and checked this morning at the new price they now exp on 10/11. Didn't the old price exp 12/11? I didn't even pay attention tp the exp dates until today, our trip isn't until middle of October. My email invoice doens't show an exp on the tickets, I choose to have them mailed.

And yet, if you go to Tickets & Packages across the top menu, then Special Offers > Purchase an Annual Passport and Enjoy a Year of Magic!, all APs can still be purchased at the old pricing... for now anywho.

- Dreams

/\ No longer true.

I bought our 6 day park hoppers last night and checked this morning at the new price they now exp on 10/11. Didn't the old price exp 12/11? I didn't even pay attention tp the exp dates until today, our trip isn't until middle of October. My email invoice doens't show an exp on the tickets, I choose to have them mailed.

That is strange, because except for the special offers, the regular e-tickets did go up to the end of the year.

I just bought my tickets online from ARES travel at the old prices. Hopefully there are no issues.....

Wow! So many of us were sitting and waiting for a deal. I was not expecting this! Talk about a lack of notice.

Went ahead and got my tix from Ares.

Just bought our 3 day hopper passes for trip in September through Get Away Today online at the old prices. Wow for my family of 7 it saved us $227.00 at the old prices.
THANKS so much I am so glad I seen this post and getawaytoday still had the old prices!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter