Ticket Prices Going Up on Sunday!

I am a little confused about the upgrading UT tickets once we get to Disney.

I would like to purchase 4 adult 10 day non-expire for $520.90 each, then I can add the PH & WPFM to it, at Disney for a total of $79 each?! I think I would save the most money that way. We are DVC members who will be going once every other year. Do you think that would be the best deal for us?

Why does Disney allow this?

Thanks!

Our FL Resident PAPs don't expire until 8/12 - so we can't renew until 7.12

We have 2 kids tickets - with the price increase - I wonder if it would make sense to get a PAP voucher for the kids to redeem in August when our passes expire (for the 2 adults, I figure it will be a wash between the renewal rate and increase).

Can I buy a voucher at a resort? Will they sell you a voucher if you already have a PAP? Can you redeem a voucher at a resort? (We prefer to have the resort card passes and I have NO desire to drive to park today!!!)

Unfortunately an Annual Pass is NOT an option for inclusion with a package. You can only add Magic Your Way tickets. On arrival you can take whatever ticket you add to the package and UPGRADE it to an Annual Pass. You will be credited for what you paid for the MYW ticket, but you'll be buying the AP at the current price.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

Thanks for clearing this up, that is how I thought it worked.

Thanks - I saw that but I didn't see the **renewal** rate on there... perhaps I am just missing it??

Wow, I hadn't even thought of pricing out non-PH tix then upgrading that at the park. That seems the cheapest option, with UT having 7day same price as 6day passes.

Quick math: 7 day non-PH from UT, then add PH for $57 plus tax after the first day, and if needed add an 8th day later in the week at the gate for an additional $10. It appears that will run about $100 cheaper than the 7day PH from Disney for 2 adult, 1 child ticket.
Without giving the actual UT prices, can anyone confirm that combination should be the cheapest?

Can I buy a voucher at a resort? Will they sell you a voucher if you already have a PAP? Can you redeem a voucher at a resort?

No. Yes. No.

In person, you can only buy and redeem AP vouchers at the parks and Downtown Disney Guest Services.

They don't care if you have a PAP already.

Easiest thing is to order the voucher online at DisneyWorld.com.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

Thanks - I saw that but I didn't see the **renewal** rate on there... perhaps I am just missing it??

AP renewal rates haven't been published anywhere that I know about, so far. However, I do know that there will be renewal discounts.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

Wow, I hadn't even thought of pricing out non-PH tix then upgrading that at the park. That seems the cheapest option, with UT having 7day same price as 6day passes.

Quick math: 7 day non-PH from UT, then add PH for $57 plus tax after the first day, and if needed add an 8th day later in the week at the gate for an additional $10. It appears that will run about $100 cheaper than the 7day PH from Disney for 2 adult, 1 child ticket.
Without giving the actual UT prices, can anyone confirm that combination should be the cheapest?

Why not just buy the PH on your ticket now? The PH add-on is going up in price tomorrow by $2 + tax. I must be missing something.

The only situation where it makes sense to wait and do add-ons after tomorrow is if you are buying BOTH PH and WPFM add-ons, because that combo is dropping in price. However, if you plan to add No Expiration the combo savings is erased by the No Exp increase for 5 day tickets and longer.

Confused yet? :lmao:

Mary
MouseSavers.com

I am not Mary but thought I would throw in my 2 cents.

Undercover Tourist is selling you tickets at the price listed on their website. You will only pay the price listed on their website. The info on the bottom of the page has more to do with ticket pick up in Orlando and it doesn't have anything to do with prices.

I just ordered 2 tickets this morning from them and was only charged the amount that is listed in their website.

Once tickets prices increase (tomorrow) Undercover Tourist will update the prices on their website and then you would pay that price. Sometimes that takes a few days.

If you order now you will get the discounted price, as long as that is what is listed on the Undercover Tourist website.

THANKS, and I just ran thru the thread and saw Mary's response also, MUCH appreciated! :cheer2::flower3:

I think it ends up cheaper because UT has a non-PH 7 day for same price as 6 day. So we would be saving there. Unless I am doing the math wrong, a 7 day non-PH with added PH at the park is $323, vs their 7 day PH for $329. So the savings for our family from UT is only around $25, but it all adds up, and I can then use my Disney VISA at the park for the PH and have the no interest.

:cool1:

however, we won't be using them until next year, and there probably will be a price increase by the time we go next year too....

Every little bit of savings help..... especially when we're planning on at least 15 days next time.

~D

I feel silly asking, but I can't even begin to wrap my brain around the math. We went last year, for the first time since I was a kid, on short notice because of school schedules and it was a gift trip. I've been working since then to figure out how to make a return trip feasible with me paying for it myself.

I've got one adult and one kid, planning on Nov. 2-9, staying onsite with 8-day PH tickets. I'm hoping the rumors of free dining coming soon are true and that I'll be able to go from paid dining to free dining in the coming weeks. I was holding off on making reservations for that reason and others. With the price increase, do I lose the (lower) price I'd get by booking now if I change to free dining later? And if I keep it, is that difference enough that I should book now? (I really need to wait a few weeks, if possible, for financial reasons... But I can do it now if the savings is significant.)

I have been on the fence about tickets and increases. Right now I have a ticket with 4 days left (non exp. of course) hoppers with 9 water parks left, and I have a 2 day base left over from last years FD stay worth about $170.00.

I know we are going this August and I know we are going in Aug 2014. If I was looking to purchase today and upgrade to an AP in 2014 which is best:

By a MYW Base-if this then how many days is the best value when upgrading?

-or-

By an annual voucher today and save it until Aug 2014 and activate at that time?

I spoke to ticket services and they said they have no time frame to activate NEW AP vouchers.

I need suggestions from the pros out there!!! Where do you get the best savings??? So :confused3

I feel silly asking, but I can't even begin to wrap my brain around the math. We went last year, for the first time since I was a kid, on short notice because of school schedules and it was a gift trip. I've been working since then to figure out how to make a return trip feasible with me paying for it myself.

I've got one adult and one kid, planning on Nov. 2-9, staying onsite with 8-day PH tickets. I'm hoping the rumors of free dining coming soon are true and that I'll be able to go from paid dining to free dining in the coming weeks. I was holding off on making reservations for that reason and others. With the price increase, do I lose the (lower) price I'd get by booking now if I change to free dining later? And if I keep it, is that difference enough that I should book now? (I really need to wait a few weeks, if possible, for financial reasons... But I can do it now if the savings is significant.)
No one knows for sure but there have been posters on the TPAS board who have called Disney. They were told that if they book a package now, then they lock in the ticket price even if they have a PIN or discount code to apply to it. It takes a $200 deposit to book a reservation, so if you have the money, then I would say go ahead and book today.

I have been on the fence about tickets and increases. Right now I have a ticket with 4 days left (non exp. of course) hoppers with 9 water parks left, and I have a 2 day base left over from last years FD stay worth about $170.00.

I know we are going this August and I know we are going in Aug 2014. If I was looking to purchase today and upgrade to an AP in 2014 which is best:

By a MYW Base-if this then how many days is the best value when upgrading?

-or-

By an annual voucher today and save it until Aug 2014 and activate at that time?

I spoke to ticket services and they said they have no time frame to activate NEW AP vouchers.

I need suggestions from the pros out there!!! Where do you get the best savings??? So :confused3
AP prices are going up by about $58. If you were to purchase a MYW pass today, the savings that you get off the current gate price and the savings that you get from bridging that ticket before upgrading to an AP would have to exceed $58 to make it worth your while.

From what I've read on the TPAS board, the 6-day MYW hopper from UT is the best option for upgrading to APs. It runs about $27 off of today's gate price (~$334). Tomorrow, the gate price of that ticket goes up to ~$357. That's an additional $23. Add it up and it's only $50 in savings.

So it looks like it would be cheaper to buy the AP now instead of dealing with doing an upgrade later.

AP prices are going up by about $58. If you were to purchase a MYW pass today, the savings that you get off the current gate price and the savings that you get from bridging that ticket before upgrading to an AP would have to exceed $58 to make it worth your while.

From what I've read on the TPAS board, the 6-day MYW hopper from UT is the best option for upgrading to APs. It runs about $27 off of today's gate price (~$334). Tomorrow, the gate price of that ticket goes up to ~$357. That's an additional $23. Add it up and it's only $50 in savings.

So it looks like it would be cheaper to buy the AP now instead of dealing with doing an upgrade later.

Marionnette, thanks for this info. I guess being that I am a DVC member I could actually wait to purchase an AP as the price difference is only a $6.00 increase. I did not really have the bucks to spend but would have if the savings were great. But for an extra $6.00 when I am more prepared to purchase would be best (no worries about cc debt-I have 3 tickets to purchase). :)

Unfortunately an Annual Pass is NOT an option for inclusion with a package. You can only add Magic Your Way tickets. On arrival you can take whatever ticket you add to the package and UPGRADE it to an Annual Pass. You will be credited for what you paid for the MYW ticket, but you'll be buying the AP at the current price.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

Ok, well I figured they changed to 2 day tickets so they changed that as well....the three times I did Free Dining it was a 1 day ticket requirement.....the first time I just went ahead and had my package with the AP....the second time the AP hadn't expired yet so I did the 1 day ticket saved it and when we got our next AP I used it. The third time, again I had AP so I took the 1 day and I still have it sitting here for our next trip that we'll be doing with tickets (we do a lot of the YES program so we go often but don't always have a package or tickets to buy).

N/M

I think I figured it out, but here are my questions.

It looks like the increase for 10 day non-expiring hoppers with water parks and more option will go up about $50 per ticket. Will they still include golf? I don't see it mentioned, and this is very important to my DH!

Thanks,

Dawn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter