• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ticket Price Increases for Disneyland Announced

I bought passes on Saturday before the increase online, yet I have not received the email link to print the tickets yet. Should I be worried or have others experienced this same delay? I ave my confirmation number printed out.

I purchased my tickets Friday evening and haven't received my etickets yet...but I'm not worried if they arrive or not. This happened to me back in February and I did exactly what CM Amy described to me in an email I received tonight:

Hello Kerry,
Thank you for contacting Disney Ticket Services

Due to a high volume of orders our wait time has increased, but we are processing your e-ticket purchase in the order it was received and we apologize for the delay.
If you are coming to the park today and you have not yet received your tickets, please feel free to head over to one of our ticket booths in the Main Entrance Esplanade to have your tickets printed. Please bring your photo ID, the credit card used to purchase the tickets, and your order number (if available), and a Cast Member will be happy to print your tickets for you.

Best Wishes
Amy
Disneyland Resort

If you see your ticket purchase as "pending" or "processing" in your card's recent activity, it'll almost certainly go through as long as you don't do something bad to your account like max it out...etc.

Since I haven't received my etickets yet and the same thing happened to me in February, I'm a bettin' woman I'll be visiting the ticket booth again this November! ;) Darn you ATT (cursed email account)!!!

I am actually curious to see when we will all see a decline in park population. I figure it will take awhile, but do you think it will take a few months? 6 months? a year?

I am a travel agent in Edmonton, Canada and we sell the park hoppers, 3 - 8 day via a tour operator and right now we still have them at the previous prices. I'm sure that will change soon, but it hasn't yet:)

I fixed it! :thumbsup2

dlopen.jpg

Crazyduck,

You have hit the nail directly on the head, so to speak with the Walt speech updated for a 2012 Disneyland! Disney will boast of how well the Disney Resort, especially DCA has done with the addition of Cars Land but in reality, the 'profit' will be the rush to secure tickets and annual passes at the high prices before the even higher prices kicked in. Once all the 'high priced tickets and high priced annual passes' have expired, the even higher priced tickets and passes sales will go down, and it will be interesting to hear what Iger and all the other fat wallets have to say about it while they pull in their 24.5+ million yearly salary.

These crazy rate increases will change how many will vacation. We are looking at going to Knotts, Universal and Six Flags now. I would rather go to Disneyland, but we just cannot afford it. I am looking forward to Universal putting in Harry Potter in the California park. (gotta look at the bright side).

Ugh. I was out of town this weekend and totally missed the price increase.

Looks like the package that I was viewing last week has not gone up in price though. Guess I should book it before it does.

I believe they'll still let you extend any multi day ticket up to a total of eight days by paying either the difference (for a published ticket) or the difference between your ticket and a 5 day hopper plus $5 per additional day. At least that was the formula in the past.

I tried to do this in January with numerous CMs and no one could do it. A couple CM's stated that they could, but then weren't able to. I was disappointed at the time because we had to upgrade to APs, but now I'm happy because we are planning another trip (we weren't then) and it is saving us a ton!

I tried to do this in January with numerous CMs and no one could do it. A couple CM's stated that they could, but then weren't able to. I was disappointed at the time because we had to upgrade to APs, but now I'm happy because we are planning another trip (we weren't then) and it is saving us a ton!

Another happy victim of DSE, the Disneyland Snowball Effect! :thumbsup2

I noticed that the packages on the Disneyland site (for hotel + tickets) the prices are the same, and they still offer 6 day hopper tickets as well :) I know because booked our trip on Saturday hoping to beat the increase, but when rechecking it today they are the exact same price ( so I could have waited, haha).

Just a perspective from someone out in WI who only comes every few years. I personally have been hesitant to visit DL lately due to the huge crowds showing up. I have no intention of visiting during the summer or any other time that corresponds to school vacations. I don't want to deal with the huge crowds at DL.

Heck, I'd pay several hundred dollars more per ticket if it meant a 50% reduction in the amount of people in the park.

So.....I checked my email today, still no etickets from DL. I do have the confirmation email tho so that's good enough for now I guess. I have time before my trip, I just have to remember to keep checking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter