Ticket price increase on Sunday!

doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
Right on the Disney Parks blog:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/06/disney-parks-ticketing-update/

We wanted to let you know that ticket prices are increasing at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort. The new prices go into effect on June 12, but today we’re sharing an early look at pricing details as well as some existing special values for Florida and California residents.
At Walt Disney World Resort, the Magic Your Way ticket offers a variety of options for you to customize your ticket purchase and save on your visit. Florida residents can also take advantage of the monthly payment plan we launched last year to give them greater flexibility when they purchase an annual pass. All updated pricing is posted on the Blog and also will be added to http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tickets-passes/.
And at Disneyland Resort, details about ticket prices are posted on a special page we’ve created on the Disney Parks Blog. The information will also be available at http://disneyland.disney.go.com/tickets/ on June 12, including details about special summer values for Southern California and Northern Baja residents, as well as our Southern California resident pass, which is more popular than ever with the monthly payments option.

MYW tickets are seeing a big increase. Each day beyond the 4th is $8/day, up from $5. PH and WPFM up $1 to $55. No Expiration up around $12 at the high end.

1-day base up $3 to $85.

I love how the second comment is some tool declaring allegiance to WDW and a willingness to pay it, no matter what it is.

Thanks for the update.

It doesn't bother me much. Iger probably needs a raise, after all it's tough to make it these days on 32-33 million a year.:confused3

Sorry if this is a stupid question but does this affect annual pass prices as well?

Standard APs went up $20. I didn't look much further but expect other prices to be similarly raised.

Here is the new price chart. Within the next few days all of the information in the ticket sticky will be updated.

scan00018.jpg

scan00021.jpg

Why is this so early this year?! It's usually the first week in August!:confused3

It was twice a year until not so long ago. I imagine this is a way of sneaking back towards that schedule. They probably can't pull off twice a year just yet given the economy -- so they make the increases less than a year apart instead.

What are DVC tourist charter and DVC resident charter annual passes? Never heard them mentioned before. Lol, I'm sure I don't qualify, but I'm curious who would be able to purchase these passes.

Oh I hate ticket increases. We're going in July and everything was proceeding smoothly until now. Guess I'll have to pull the trigger early and order our APs today.

Just got our DD/SIL MYW 6 day tickets for our Sept 11 trip from UT before the $$ increase. :woohoo:

Ticket prices just seem so insane. I'm working on 2013 plans and will have to seriously reconsider #/days, AP, TIW, etc. Oh well - back to the spreadsheets.

If this keeps up, next thing will be a charge for NOT coming to the parks--you know, the 0 day Magic Your Way Pass.

What are DVC tourist charter and DVC resident charter annual passes? Never heard them mentioned before. Lol, I'm sure I don't qualify, but I'm curious who would be able to purchase these passes.

"Charter" members are those who have purchased annual passes each and every year from the first time the passes were ever offered. I'm not sure when APs were introduced, but the number of people eligible can't be very large. Children of "Charter" members are extended the charter price.

DVC Resident would be those DVC members who can prove Florida Residency.

Calendar year is arbitrary is misleading. There are lots of increases there that are less than 12 months apart, and that's what they're really striving for.

There are just as many instances where they went exactly 12 months--as in the prior 5 consecutive years--or more than 12 months between increases.

However you want to qualify it, stating that they were "twice a year until not so long ago" is not an accurate representation.

There are just as many instances where they went exactly 12 months--as in the prior 5 consecutive years--or more than 12 months between increases.

However you want to qualify it, stating that they were "twice a year until not so long ago" is not an accurate representation.

So if they did a ticket increase on Dec. 31 and another on Jan. 1 you'd be satisfied that they only raised prices once a year?

A year is 12 months, at least where I come from. If they boost ticket prices in June and again in January it's twice within a year.

But go ahead and enjoy the illusion. It's the Magic Kingdom, home to Fantasyland, after all.

So if they did a ticket increase on Dec. 31 and another on Jan. 1 you'd be satisfied that they only raised prices once a year?

A year is 12 months, at least where I come from. If they boost ticket prices in June and again in January it's twice within a year.

But go ahead and enjoy the illusion. It's the Magic Kingdom, home to Fantasyland, after all.

This is the first time in 5 years that Disney has gone less than 12 months between increases.

If we go back 10 years (June 2001) there have been 10 price increases on Annual Passes and 11 increases on single day tickets over that period. (And in recent memory, multi-day adjustments have always mirrored those single day changes.)

Going back 20 years there have been 21 increases on both APs and single day.

But why concern yourself with facts when glib insults are so much easier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter