Ticket price increase confirmed...

Wow, the tickets i just got will go up $32 a ticket (~6%)...

For 2 adult Premium APs + 2 kids' Premium AP's, we're looking at a 2.7% increase total (1.6% on adults, 3.8% on kids).

While it's true that the economy is still faltering, etc., etc., keeping this in perspective, for us this means an extra $52.72 on top of almost $2K for tix... I think that it might be fair to say that this is rounding error on the cost of ANY Disney trip... and Disney knows it. ;)

Am I reading it right that AP will be $499? With DVC discount that would be $399 plus tax. Last years price was $369 plus tax. That's a $30 increase on DVC AP. Please let me know if I am wrong.

Am I reading it right that AP will be $499? With DVC discount that would be $399 plus tax. Last years price was $369 plus tax. That's a $30 increase on DVC AP. Please let me know if I am wrong.

I couldn't remember how much we paid for our DVC APs last year. I was comparing full price APs at $489 (old price, without tax) to the new price $499 (without tax). But somebody on FaceBook thought the increase was $50. So at this point I have no idea what the price is! :rotfl2:

Does anyone know about the price increase for the Premier passport that is valid at both parks. Will it remain available and is its price increasing also?

DVC Member site lists the current cost of an adult AP as $389 without tax, which is $100 off the current cost of $489. New full price is $499, so I am guessing the new DVC price will be $399 without tax.

I'm a bit perplexed as to why the kids prices have gone up at a much higher percentage than the adult tickets.

New DVC prices are $399/$360 (A/C) for new; $354/$320 for renewal.

DVC Premium APs are $504/$454; renewal $464/$419.

I am new to disney world and I have a question. The Park Hopper add-on is $54, that is per person right? Not per day?

There are 4 of us going
Me - $247 (7day ticket) + $54 Park hopper
DH - $247 (7day ticket) + $54 Park hopper
dd(15) - $247 (7day ticket) + $54 Park hopper
dd(7) - $224 (7day ticket) + $54 Park hopper

total before tax = $1181

Did I get this right??

Thanks!

I am wondering if anyone can tell me if the FL resident seasonal weekday select pass is going up? I cannot find it on the website.

DisneyWorldPriceIncreasesAugust2010.gif

I am wondering if anyone can tell me if the FL resident seasonal weekday select pass is going up? I cannot find it on the website.

• Resident Seasonal Pass: $259/$234 (Adult/Child); renewal $231/$209
  • Resident Weekday Select Pass: $174/$157; Renewal $159/$144
  • Resident Epcot® After 4:00 p.m.: $144/$130; Renewal $134/$121

I was going to upgrade our 6 day MYW tix to 10 day when we get there in 2 weeks. Should I call and do it now over the phone?? Will the price increase affect me???

Just what the crappy economy calls for--increased ticket prices...again. Way to go Disney...

I recognize that Disney does make profits, but they also employ people. Lots and lots of people. They also buy products; lots and lots of products. Employees often do get raises (even if small, with that many employees it's a big total), and food, products, supplies, etc etc, do tend to get more expensive.

Only at Ikea do prices seem to come down year after year...everywhere else, the cost of running a business gets higher.

I am new to disney world and I have a question. The Park Hopper add-on is $54, that is per person right? Not per day?

Yes, per person. It's a flat rate for however long your ticket is. Hop with a one day ticket, $54 plus tax. Hop with a 10 day ticket, still $54 plus tax!

momsavealot, unless something changes, if you USE those tickets and THEN upgrade them, the price you paid should be "bridged" (or as I explain to DH, "magically changed into") to become the new gate price. So if your current tickets at $100, and after the 5th it would cost $110 to buy that same ticket, once you use that $100 ticket is becomes worth $110. So you get $110 in upgrade value towards the cost of the new longer ticket or AP.

I'm glad my AP is good through May 1, 2011! I bought two tickets from Undercover Tourist in July 2009 before the August price increase, with the intention of using and upgrading one to a new AP this past April. Instead, I renewed my old AP in January to get the extra 3 months, and will use one of the tickets I purchased in 2009 towards the price of a new AP some time in 2011.

I am glad we have APs, maybe we will skip Disney next year. Both of our incomes are going down 2.31 percent due to furloughs.

Wow, no expiration is going up a lot! It looks like too many people were opting for that feature.

Walt Disney World is raising ticket prices once again, despite a still-weak economy that has the resort continuing to use discounts to lure travelers.

Disney announced Tuesday that it will raise the price of a one-day, one-park adult ticket to $82 — the first time any of Orlando’s theme-park resorts has charged more than $80 for a base ticket. It amounts to a 3.8 percent increase from the current $79 charge.

The resort will also hike prices for multiday-ticket packages, which it sells in far greater volume than single-day tickets. It will tack another $2 — from $52 to $54 — to price of adding a “park hopper” feature to base tickets allowing visits to multiple Disney theme parks in one day. And it will increase annual pass prices, too.

The new prices go into effect Thursday.

“We continuously monitor the marketplace to ensure pricing that reflects a strong entertainment value,” Disney World spokesman Bryan Malenius said. “Our guests continue to agree that a day at a Disney theme park is a great entertainment value.”

Malenius said Disney’s guest surveys have continued to show that nearly 90 percent of resort guests rate the value of Disney parks as “good, very good or excellent.”

Disney typically raises ticket price each year near the beginning of August. And while this year’s round of increases are smaller than last year’s for some shorter ticket packages, they are steeper than a year ago for the more-frequently sold packages of four days or longer.

For instance, the price of a five-day park hopper — one of Disney’s most popular ticket options — will rise from $280 to $291, an increase of 3.9 percent. The same ticket rose just 2.9 percent last year.

Disney’s move could trigger a round of similar increases at Universal Orlando and SeaWorld Orlando. The theme-park rivals have traditionally raised prices in lockstep together, though neither announced increases Tuesday.

“We’re not going to talk about our pricing strategies,” Universal spokesman Tom Schroder said.

“At this time, we have no plans to increase prices at SeaWorld,” added SeaWorld spokesman Nick Gollattscheck. “We run our business plan independently from the other theme parks.”

Below are the increases Disney is making to base ticket prices:

1-day: $79 to $82 (+3.8%)
2-day: $156 to $162 (+3.8%)
3-day: $219 to $224 (+2.3%)
4-day: $225 to $232 (+3.1%)
5-day: $228 to $237 (+3.9%)
6-day: $231 to $242 (+4.8%)
7-day: $234 to $247 (+5.6%)

To add “park hopper” or water-park admission to base ticket: $52 to $54 (+3.8%)

Annual pass increases:

Premium (incl. water parks, etc.), non-resident: $619 to $629 (+1.6%)
Regular, non-resident: $489 to $499 (+2%)
Premium, Florida resident: $489 to $499 (+2%)
Regular, Florida resident: $369 to $379 (+2.7%)
Seasonal, Florida resident: $249 to $259 (+4%)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter