• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ticket pickup on arrival day

SnellPa

Earning My Ears
Just wondering what's the best way to pick up park tickets for a package:
  • We're checking into POR on a Friday, arriving around noon
  • Planning to go to EPCOT on Friday (Extra Magic Hours until midnight)
  • We'll have a rental car that we're taking back on Saturday

Since the check in isn't until 3pm at POR, should we go to POR at noon, get our KTTW card (a little early, even if we can't get our room) then go to EPCOT? Or should we just go to straight to EPCOT, get our admission at guest services there, and check into POR late Friday?

Just wondering what's the best way to pick up park tickets for a package:
  • We're checking into POR on a Friday, arriving around noon
  • Planning to go to EPCOT on Friday (Extra Magic Hours until midnight)
  • We'll have a rental car that we're taking back on Saturday

Since the check in isn't until 3pm at POR,

1- should we go to POR at noon, get our KTTW card (a little early, even if we can't get our room) then go to EPCOT?

2- Or should we just go to straight to EPCOT, get our admission at guest services there, and check into POR late Friday?

1- Yes. That is absolutely the normal procedure. You room may even be ready.
If not, they will give you your room keys/tickets and a number to call (or they'll text you) with your room number
later in the afternoon.

2- Your tickets won't be "on" your Resort key-card if you do it that way, and you can't ride PM EMH attractions
without the resort key card.

Go to the resort and check in first. The room may or may not be ready. You will need the KTTW cards for the evening EMH.

You cannot pick up your tickets on the Package Start Date at a Guest Relations Window. You can only get your package tickets at your Resort.

The only time you can get package tickets at Guest Relations is one, two or three days before the package start date.

You have to check in if you want to do the EMH.

Why are you renting a car??? If you are flying, take ME. It seems like such a waste to have to bring it back the next day (unless I missed something?)

You have to check in if you want to do the EMH.

Why are you renting a car??? If you are flying, take ME. It seems like such a waste to have to bring it back the next day (unless I missed something?)

Thanks for the answers, looks like everyone agrees: check into POR first.

The rental car is because we're spending a week in Florida before we go to WDW. Otherwise, sure I'd take ME to the resort. But since we had the car, I thought about going straight to the park.

Thanks for the answers, looks like everyone agrees: check into POR first.

The rental car is because we're spending a week in Florida before we go to WDW. Otherwise, sure I'd take ME to the resort. But since we had the car, I thought about going straight to the park.

Ah, makes sense! Now I'm jealous! :) The best thing to do might be to drop the car off at the airport and take ME to your resort. That way you have all of Saturday in the parks which makes up for a little missed time friday morning. :woohoo:

Ah, makes sense! Now I'm jealous! :) The best thing to do might be to drop the car off at the airport and take ME to your resort. That way you have all of Saturday in the parks which makes up for a little missed time friday morning. :woohoo:

I'm picking up the car at the airport, but dropping it off at the "Walt Disney Car Care Center". I'm assuming it'll be easy to drop it off there Saturday morning, then go on to the parks.

(Last time I was at WDW, we rented a car when we left, but I'd reserved it at the airport. So yes, I lost a bunch of time in the park to go get it, then met the family, then checked out.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter