Ticket/ magic key plans for 2023 …advise needed!

abent

Mouseketeer
I had 2 trips planned in 2021. One in October, and 2nd in December with parkhoppers purchased. The plan was to upgrade park hopper in October To magic key, but couldn’t hold enough reservation days for both trips until last day. Well the day before we flew out, the key sold out. Purchased another 5 day park hopper for December and planned again for a lower key. Once again, that option sold out day we arrived.
I have another tripped planned for December 2023, and would like to purchase a park hopper in preparation for that trip. Solely for the reason I feel better in life having AP or tickets purchased.
I am wondering what your thoughts are on Dream keys becoming available again this year? That is what I really want, and would like to upgrade the park hopper if it becomes available. Am I crazy to hope And plan for this ?

No one knows what will happen. It’s very likely that some kind of “pass” will be released again in the future. Will it be the same Keys at the same or different prices? Will it be different Keys with different rules? Will it be some other program altogether? No one knows.

If your ultimate goal is to buy a Magic Key just wait until the offer them again. You have to activate tickets before upgrading and if you buy tickets now you might find yourself missing out on the Magic Key again.

Last edited:

Whenever you see the pass you want...I suggest you buy it right away because we know they will take them away without warning. I wanted to get a WDW annual pass. Wish I would have just bought one because when they start selling again they are going to raise the price.

As others said just buy the key you want when it becomes available, I don't understand the need to make it so complicated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter