Ticket expiration - am I correct ?

Zoebear

Mouseketeer
I have read the sticky, but want to verify that I am correct about this assumption:

I have 5 day MYW tickets bought from UT. As it looks now, we can only fit in 4 park days at the beginning of our trip, and by the time we get back from the beach our tickets will have expired (14 days from first use). Is the only way to 'save' that remaining day a purchase of 'non-expiration' option upgrade on my base tickets, which would be based on the total number of days (5)???

Without being there, how can I find out how much that would cost ? :confused3

Thanks !!

I have read the sticky, but want to verify that I am correct about this assumption:

I have 5 day MYW tickets bought from UT. As it looks now, we can only fit in 4 park days at the beginning of our trip, and by the time we get back from the beach our tickets will have expired (14 days from first use). Is the only way to 'save' that remaining day a purchase of 'non-expiration' option upgrade on my base tickets, which would be based on the total number of days (5)???

Without being there, how can I find out how much that would cost ? :confused3

Thanks !!

Yes, your ticket days will expire 14 days after first use. It is not cost effective to pay the Non-expire fee for only one day. The cost to upgrade a 5 to to no expire is $141 according to the pricing on the UT website. That's almost 2 day tix at the gate. I would say go a day early if you can or just let the ticket expire.

I know this might sound like a crazy option, but is there any way that you can buy 4 day MYW tickets now and tuck these 5 day ones away for a trip when you can use all 5 days?

I know this might sound like a crazy option, but is there any way that you can buy 4 day MYW tickets now and tuck these 5 day ones away for a trip when you can use all 5 days?

That is a good idea - but I may need the $$ for souveniers ! :thumbsup2

Thanks, everyone........pixiedust:

On Cheshire Figment's ticket sticky linked by erionm the difference between a 4 and 5 day ticket is $12, but adding No Expire to a 5 day ticket is $130. By not using the 5th day you are only losing $12 per ticket so it's not worth spending another $130 to "save" that 5th day.

That is a good idea - but I may need the $$ for souveniers ! :thumbsup2

Thanks, everyone........pixiedust:

Unfortunately, it's going to be cheaper to buy new, one-day tickets for everyone that it would be to add the no-expiration option to your existing tickets. Neither option is inexpensive. The no-expiration option is a good value in only a few, very specific situations and this is not one of them.

Agreed.
If worst comes to worst, we will let that day go OR pile in the car and drive up from Sarasota for a day trip ! Could be worse!:beach:

Tickets are more cost effective the more days you have.....maybe buy a 10 day no expiration ticket and plan two trips?

If it makes you feel any better, by not using that 5th day, you only overpaid about $12 per ticket. Not worth losing too much sleep over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter