• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ticket choices!

kirsti o

Mouseketeer
Hi
So I'd decided on my tickets. I was buying them on undercover tourist so I could get individual days- I have 5 children's passes to buy (2 at adult prices) so every dollar adds up.
I was getting
6 day disney basic tickets
3 day universal
1 seaworld with aquatica pass!
This was around £420 for adults!

Now I've found a combined ticket, which has:
Unlimited disney
Unlimited universal
Unlimited disney water parks
And the extras like DQ and disney mini golf
This is £405 per adult!

So I'm torn!!
For less money I can get unlimited days and won't have to worry if I leave a park early one day if kids are shattered, I have 7 children so everything takes longer and more organising and I still get water parks. Plus the extras!
BUT I lose sea world! I've never been before but to be fair was worrying how I'd have time to fit it in and if the 2 year olds would be bored? But don't want to miss out!
Keep hearing of people who had it on their ticket but didn't get time to go and I'd kick myself if I paid and didn't use it!!

I'm confused as to which to pick??

Any advice??
Thanks
Kirsti

Don't forget the UK tickets are parkhoppers by default as well, so if you feel you are done in one park you can go over to a different park for the evening fireworks. Whereas with the US Magic Your Way tickets parkhopping is an extra cost and Waterparks are an extra cost. Currently the UK Disney tickets are £289 for a 14 day tickets, whereas if you get a US ticket including park hopping and water park options it is about that for only seven days.

I would get the UK tickets personally. Universal and Seaworld work out much cheaper buying the UK tickets anyway. If you want all the parks you can do it for £491 https://www.floridatix.com/orlando-ticket-deals-combos/magic

Thanks for the reply!

If I had unlimited disney and universal would I really need seaworld?
I like the idea of the unlimited but had already budgeted for tickets and don't want to spend more. An extra £50 a person for me is £350 more!!

The original plan gave me 11 days of parks (6 disney, 3 universal, 1 seaworld and 1 aquatica) but I'd have to be there for full days so not to waste a days ticket!!
But now the combined unlimited seems a good deal as we can come and go as we like and we are there for 16 days so get more in.
But I'd be forfeiting seaworld which I'm not sure is a good thing or not??
My kids are
2 (twins)
I'm thinking that if I give up seaworld I gain 7 days extra plus water parks, dQuest, mini golf and save £200??

Don't forget they aren't quite unlimited, all tickets expire 14 days after first use, so if you are going for 16 days you can't do Disney on the first day and the last day. But if your first visit to Universal isn't unitl day three then you could do Universal on day 16 too.

We are an adult couple, no kids, so I can't comment on whether you need SeaWorld for them or not. Personally I get the SeaWorld/Busch ticket as I like the big rollercoasters at Busch Gardens. Why would you want to go to SeaWorld? There are two big coasters which are more thrilling than those at Disney or and different to Island of Adventure's big coasters (but Manta is similar to Air at Alton Towers) and there are the animal exhibits. There is an aquarium at Epcot, but if you want to see Dolphins and sharks then SeaWorld is better. Plus of course there are the shows. Your older kids (as long as they are tall enough) will enjoy the coasters but they will also get some coasters at Islands of Adventure. Younger kids will probably love the animals.

Also depends if it is your first visit or not, first trip you will take longer to explore each park as you will want to see it all so you might be better skipping SeaWorld and concentrating on Disney & Universal.

Hi thanks for that.
We went 7 years ago so the 14 yr old was only 7! And the little ones haven't been!!

Yes I was planning on waiting until 3-4 days in before activating universal!
Just seems that to buy seaworld as well is like double booking when I already have tickets that cover everyday?
But don't want to miss anything!
Although I'm sure we will find it impossible to do everything in 16 days especially with 7 kids in tow x

But don't want to miss anything!
Although I'm sure we will find it impossible to do everything in 16 days especially with 7 kids in tow x

that's the main issue.

Trying to cram everything in a limited amount of time is tempting, but that's really the way you're gonna miss out. You'll see more places, but you'll see less of each place.

More is not always better.
the seaworld day would be better used for other stuff

on another note, your 7, 5 and 2s will not be able to ride most things, as they'll be too short.
There is a kiddy zone with a kid sized rides and a play area (roped off buiding with large spiderweb nets, perfect for 5 to 10s) but this might bore the older ones.

You have 6 disney days with DQ, Waterparks and 4 major parks, you'd also get a free round of minigolf per person everyday before 4pm
that's a lot to do in just 6 days

also consider that the 5 and the 2s will tire more rapidly, and you may want to take it slower than you would have when your oldest was 7

having 14 days tickets will let you be more flexible, and it will be easier to leave a park at 3pm if the LOs can't cope anymore.
You will also be able to do a park in the morning (say universal), take a break, and have an evening at a disney park.

but most important, it's flexibility. having UK tickets will allow you to change plans on the fly.

Don't be disappointed by ditching Seaworld. It's a nice park, but it's preferable to focus on the 2 main actors, especially with a party like you have. That will be intense enough with that many kids. Don't try to make it too intense by adding extras in.

You'll have more than enough to do and more flexibility if you ditch Sea World. I am willing to bet you the price of a ticket your kids will thank you more anyway for the water parks :)

You'll have more than enough to do and more flexibility if you ditch Sea World. I am willing to bet you the price of a ticket your kids will thank you more anyway for the water parks :)

try Kenwood travel they have a Disney Universal combi ticket on offer at the moment I agree forget Sea world and concentrate on the other parks.

Definitely don't try and do it all. You can easily do 2 days at mk etc. sometimes we do just 14 days Disney parks. You will also be able to go and watch fireworks on a waterpark day with unlimited tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter