Ticket/Canceled Trip Question

Luv2Camp

DIS Veteran
Quick question on tickets - I currently have a room only reservation for October 2016. I'm considering going ahead and purchasing our tickets now to avoid a possible price increase. My question is - If I buy them now, are they refundable if we had to cancel our trip? If not, would they be refundable if I turn my room-only into a package? Thanks!

Quick question on tickets - I currently have a room only reservation for October 2016. I'm considering going ahead and purchasing our tickets now to avoid a possible price increase. My question is - If I buy them now, are they refundable if we had to cancel our trip? If not, would they be refundable if I turn my room-only into a package? Thanks!

I don't believe separately purchased tickets are refundable. If you cancel your package, it's fully refundable if you cancel before 45 days prior to check-in.

Buying tickets ahead of time is always a great way to guard against ticket price increases. If you buy them separately now and have to cancel your room only in 2016 you can still use them if you go in 2017, 2018, or even 2025.

Buying tickets ahead of time is always a great way to guard against ticket price increases. If you buy them separately now and have to cancel your room only in 2016 you can still use them if you go in 2017, 2018, or even 2025.

But what happens if you link these tickets to your My Disney Experience online? And then you need to cancel? Can you still use the tickets for a later trip? I'm so confused with everything pertaining to MDE & FP+. My 60 days is coming up and I'm trying to figure out what to do with my tickets I bought to go with my room only ressie. Why did Disney have to make this all so complicated?

But what happens if you link these tickets to your My Disney Experience online? And then you need to cancel? Can you still use the tickets for a later trip? I'm so confused with everything pertaining to MDE & FP+. My 60 days is coming up and I'm trying to figure out what to do with my tickets I bought to go with my room only ressie. Why did Disney have to make this all so complicated?

Once you link a ticket in MDE it's essentially there forever. If you need to cancel a trip, that ticket entitlement will just sit there until you actually need it.

But if you purchase your tickets now you may not be able to get a "package" discount if you also have to purchase the tickets to get the discount.

But if you purchase your tickets now you may not be able to get a "package" discount if you also have to purchase the tickets to get the discount.

True enough, but while many WDW resort package deals (like "Free" Dining) require a ticket purchase,
it would be possible just to buy the minimum ticket for that package
but actually use the pre-purchased "older" ticket for park entry during that package trip...
and then save the new tickets bought for that package for use/upgrade on a future trip.

We camp at Fort Wilderness, so unfortunately no discounts will apply for us. I went ahead and changed our room-only to a package and added our tickets. The CM said that we could cancel prior to 45 days without a penalty if we needed to. Hopefully we won't need to even consider canceling!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter