Ticket Advise

stashbin

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone. I am trying to find a way to help my friend plan a quick Disney trip with her two daughters. She is a single mom on a very tight budget. We have found off site lodging on Expedia in the Disney Springs area that she can manage. Now we are working on tickets. Can anyone tell me a trustworthy site to use in order to get reduced rate tickets? She doesn't need anything fancy like hoppers or waterparks.... just 2 basic tickets to get into the parks. This is her daughters' senior year, and this would mean everything to them to be able to go to Disney! Thank you in advance!

Using the code from the Mousesavers newletter I just paid $294.xx for a 3 day base ticket with Undercover Tourist. I also used my Amex card for a $30.00 bonus.

I checked MapleLeaf Tickets and they were very reasonable as well.

Not sure if you already booked the Expedia hotel, but keep in mind that the bus transportation offered by the off site hotel is usually terrible. When I stayed off site (not going to Disney) I looked at the schedule and the pick up times were very early (6-7am) and there was only 1-2 pick ups in the morning and only 1-2 returns late in the day.

I just booked All Star Sports for $100 a night through CheapTickets (which I believe is owned by Expedia). I also went through Ebates to get additional cash back.

One of the most reliable discount resellers is Undercover Tourist. If you sign up for the Mousesavers newsletters, you will get an email on the 15th of every month that has a link in it that will save you a couple dollars more.

Hi everyone. I am trying to find a way to help my friend plan a quick Disney trip with her two daughters. She is a single mom on a very tight budget. We have found off site lodging on Expedia in the Disney Springs area that she can manage. Now we are working on tickets. Can anyone tell me a trustworthy site to use in order to get reduced rate tickets? She doesn't need anything fancy like hoppers or waterparks.... just 2 basic tickets to get into the parks. This is her daughters' senior year, and this would mean everything to them to be able to go to Disney! Thank you in advance!
The degree of discount will depend on the tickets she purchases. Tickets that do not include hopping nor Waterparks tend to have smaller discounts.

Something to consider: All of the ticket resellers compare their rates to Disney's gate prices. Disney offers a $21.30 (when tax is factored in) discount off of their gate price when you purchase your ticket in advance from them. This is a new policy that went into effect on 02/12/2017. If you buy Disney GCs at Target using their REDCard, you get 5% off of the face value. If you use those GCs to pay for your tickets directly from Disney, it might be a bigger savings.

If she has an AmEx credit card, there's an offer for a $30 statement credit when you spend at least $150 at UCT. The offer has to be added to your card before making the purchase.

Other good ticket resellers to consider would be maple leaf tickets and Parksavers.

ETA: Touring plans has a ticket savings calculator that can direct you to the best deal for the tickets you want. It's a great resource for finding deals on tickets.
https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/ticket-calculator

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter