Thunder BBQ - A must try?

Our family of 5 love it and for us it is a 'must do'
We are normally CS people but this is our one TS meal each trip. The food is decent, the service very good and the entertainment is a nice addition. It is also nice to take some time to just sit and soak up the atmosphere in the middle of a busy day

The food is brought out to your table and then you can ask for more of whatever you want (ie more ribs, no more chicken, more cornbread but no more beans etc). Often you don't even have to ask and more is brought out to you anyway.

As far as we are concerned, it is better than a buffet, especially with children, because everyone gets their food at the same time rather then having to go and get the kids food, then going back and getting your own.

We just got back from DL. We ate here on Monday evening for the first time with a group of 12 (5 Adults and 7 kids ranging from 1-11).

Our group especially enjoyed the sausage, chicken, beans, coleslaw and cornbread. Not sure what they put in the cornbread, but it is Disney magic. I like ribs generally, but the ones in our bucket were tough and seemed to have a lot of fat on them (like maybe they weren't slow cooked like the way I am used to eating ribs so the fat hadn't rendered). The corn wheels were a little over cooked for my liking as well. But the never ending soft drinks were a marvelous thing when we were all hot and sweaty from walking around the park. I think I drank my weight in lemonade.

The cowboy performer was very cute with our kids and brought them all on stage for a little yodeling lesson. The service was a little slow, but we would still eat there again.

It sounds like the atmosphere is great, and I would eat there if my sons liked BBQ more. One of my kids would surely eat the corn and the cornbread. I am a little hesitant however because being a Texan, I am a BBQ snob, big time. We eat tons of great BBQ at home all the time. I have heard this BBQ is not really even grilled or smoked, just cooked in an oven and then the sauce is put on. I would love the setting and the country music though. Who knows, we'll have to see. :goodvibes

Midnightred

I'm planning to go to DLR in 2015. BTMRBBQ was on my ADR list, but it's getting moved to the bottom.

I was just at Hoop Dee Doo Revue last month in WDW. The menu is almost the same except sangria & dessert are included for HDDR where they are not at BTMRBBQ. Another "minus" for BTMRBBQ is that I read the live entertainment is only in 20 minute sets (not sure how long the breaks are) vs. HDDR was almost a continuous show.

Since we don't LOVE ribs and would probably eat mostly chicken I'm thinking it's not worth it for our family.

We just ate at the BTMRBBQ for lunch 10 days ago. The chicken was tender, but was steamed with that rubbery skin - not BBQ'd. Ribs flavor was good, but not that BBQ'd crispy that I like. The cole slaw was amazing!!! Corn bread was good, but nothing special. If you liked the Hoop Dee Doo - you will be disappointed with this meal like we were.

Janis

I wanted to add that during Christmas, Big Thunder Ranch is right next door and an adult can take the kids there while the other one waits for the table. In our case where there will be lots of adults, we can take turns with the kids at BTR while others eat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter