Thumbs up for Windsor Hills!

Luv Bunnies

DIS Veteran
We just returned from spending 10 nights in a Windsor Hills Townhome. It was amazing! The resort is easy to find and located very close to WDW. The grounds are clean and the guards are great. The check-in process is very well-organized and the welcome packet they give you at the gate is very informative. We didn't use the main pool, but it looked really nice. We were impressed with the club house area and the store was nice to have on-site.

The unit we rented was a 3 bedroom/3 bathroom with a splash pool. It was very clean when we arrived and we were prepared for it to be minimally stocked with supplies as was explained in the rental agreement (no surprises). After taking a quick inventory, we went out and bought toilet paper, paper towels and soap. We brought our own laundry detergent and dishwasher pods. There were small bottles of shampoo, but we had brought our own. We also bought groceries for breakfast and snacks. It was really nice for everyone to have whatever they wanted for breakfast without relying on a food court. Plus, it guaranteed at least one healthy meal each day. It was nice to get up and put on a pot of coffee to brew while I was taking a shower.

Now that our boys are teenagers, it was nice for everyone to have their own space. The twin bedroom had a PS2 which our boys loved. My sister was able to have her own bedroom and bathroom downstairs, while DH and I took the master. I also loved having a washer/dryer in the hallway upstairs. Every night, I had everyone pile their sweaty clothes in front of the washer. I would toss it in almost nightly and dry it the next morning. I have memories of spending several hours in a hot laundry room at Pop Century and lugging the stuff back up the stairs near midnight. Never again!

The only issue we had with the townhouse was that the TV in the living room stopped working midway though our trip. We could get sound but no picture. I called the owner and left her a message. She called back after a few hours, hugely apologetic that she wasn't there to take my call. She was beside herself that the TV wasn't working for us. She was also concerned because the TV was only a year old. She assured us it would be taken care of right away and apologized over and over. I told her it wasn't a huge problem and thanked her for being so responsive. The owner lives outside of Florida and has to rely on a management company to do things for her. She had a handyman sent over who did some troubleshooting on the phone with the manufacturer. It was determined that the backlight was burned out and it would cost more to fix than to replace. The owner also found out the management company had purchased a refurbished unit last year and it only had a 90 day warranty. She was led to believe she was getting a new unit with a longer warranty, so she will be having a discussion with her management company. She went online, purchased a new TV and had the handyman pick it up and install it. We were without a TV for three days, but the owner texted me regularly to let me know what was going on. I don't blame her at all for the problem with the TV and I was very happy with her responsiveness. I would not hesitate to stay at one of her units again.

Overall, we were very happy with our stay at Windsor Hills. It was easy to get to and from the parks. One night, DH and DS14 decided they wanted to stay at MK for the fireworks. DS18 has Asperger's and gets anxious after a while in crowds. He was tired and wanted to leave before the fireworks. So he, my sister and I hopped a bus to AKL. I had always wanted to see that resort and it's the closest one to Windsor Hills. When we got there, we looked around a little, bought some drinks and snacks in the gift shop, then went outside to catch a cab. The valet attendant called one for us. The ride home was about 10 minutes and cost less than $20. DH and DS14 closed down MK and got home close to 1:00 a.m. Another day, DS18 decided he wanted to rest rather than go to DTD with us. We had no problem leaving him at the house. He could watch TV or play on the PS2. We didn't have to worry about housekeeping trying to get in. We just made sure to lock the front door and called once to see how he was doing.

I will definitely stay at Windsor Hills again. In fact, I'm hooked on vacation homes now. I may never stay in a tiny hotel room again!:)

Thanks for the review. We are booked in a townhome at Windsor Hills in October so it's great to hear the positive review!:)

We have reserved a rental home in Windsor Hills. How long was the travel times to each park?

We love Windsor Hills and I could not imagine staying anywhere else when going to Disney!! If you don't mind me asking who did you rent through?

We have reserved a rental home in Windsor Hills. How long was the travel times to each park?

It takes about 5 minutes or less to actually get on WDW property. Animal Kingdom is the closest park. It took us about 7 minutes to get to the parking booths. Epcot and DHS took 10-12 minutes. MK is the furthest away, but it still took less than 20 minutes (probably around 16-17). We stayed at Pop on our last trip and rented a car. I would say driving times to the parks were not much different than when we stayed at Pop.

Hi! Thanks so much for the review of Windsor Hills. We'll be staying there in a couple of weeks and I've been hoping and hoping that our experience will be the best it can be. According to your experience, it sounds like it will!

I have a question for you, but I'm not sure if you can answer it because I don't know which street you stayed on. But here goes:

We will be staying in a townhouse on Maneshaw, which looks like it's only a couple of blocks to the pool/clubhouse. I know you said you didn't actually visit the pool, but you went over to the clubhouse at some point, right? Would you say that it was a short walk? Or did you drive over?

I just want to mentally prepare myself for the possibility of whining kids if the walk is a bit far. LOL

Thanks again for your detailed account of your stay. I'm getting soooooo excited!!!

Hi! Thanks so much for the review of Windsor Hills. We'll be staying there in a couple of weeks and I've been hoping and hoping that our experience will be the best it can be. According to your experience, it sounds like it will!

I have a question for you, but I'm not sure if you can answer it because I don't know which street you stayed on. But here goes:

We will be staying in a townhouse on Maneshaw, which looks like it's only a couple of blocks to the pool/clubhouse. I know you said you didn't actually visit the pool, but you went over to the clubhouse at some point, right? Would you say that it was a short walk? Or did you drive over?

I just want to mentally prepare myself for the possibility of whining kids if the walk is a bit far. LOL

Thanks again for your detailed account of your stay. I'm getting soooooo excited!!!

Not op here but I have stayed at a townhouse 2 times but not on Maneshaw, on Outterspool I believe,which is one of the further streets from the clubhouse and it took us maybe 4 minutes to walk to the clubhouse, if that. None of the townhomes are to far at all.

Not op here but I have stayed at a townhouse 2 times but not on Maneshaw, on Outterspool I believe,which is one of the further streets from the clubhouse and it took us maybe 4 minutes to walk to the clubhouse, if that. None of the townhomes are to far at all.

Fantastic! Thanks so much for your response. This takes a load off my mind, especially since Maneshaw is quite close compared to some of the farther streets. Yippppeeee:banana:

Actually, we did stay on Maneshaw! It's about three blocks from the clubhouse area. You could definitely walk it. We stopped at the clubhouse/store there a couple of times on our way in but never walked. One night my sister decided she needed more bottled water so DH drove her to the store. She could have walked, but it was dark and she didn't want to carry the water back. It's definitely not as far as some of the other streets in the complex.

I am excited to see that people like Windsor. We are renting a house there in October... It's always so hard to decide where to stay.

Is there a lot of restaurants nearby? I have never been to Orlando!

We just returned from spending 10 nights in a Windsor Hills Townhome. It was amazing!

You actually prepared meals and did laundry?!?! Didn't you realize you were on vacation??? How did you know TV didn't work when "you're hardly ever in your room???" What about the magic??? Teh horror!

;)

Glad you had a good stay. Windsor Hills is the best, IMO. We did the townhome last time and are doing a 4BR house in October.

For the poster asking about walking to pool. The farthest townhome on Maneshaw is only about 3-5 minute walk to main pool/clubhouse.

I am excited to see that people like Windsor. We are renting a house there in October... It's always so hard to decide where to stay.

Is there a lot of restaurants nearby? I have never been to Orlando!

Anything you can think of is within 10-12 minutes drive time.

You actually prepared meals and did laundry?!?! Didn't you realize you were on vacation??? How did you know TV didn't work when "you're hardly ever in your room???" What about the magic??? Teh horror!
;)

Glad you had a good stay. Windsor Hills is the best, IMO. We did the townhome last time and are doing a 4BR house in October.

For the poster asking about walking to pool. The farthest townhome on Maneshaw is only about 3-5 minute walk to main pool/clubhouse.

Yeah! Such horror! Our meal prep consisted of pouring cereal into bowls. It was taxing, but I muscled my way through it! :lmao:

Seriously though, the ability to do laundry was great. The machines are on the second floor between the bedrooms. I had the kids pile their dirty stuff in front of the machine and I tossed it in when there was a full load. Loved it!

Originally Posted by daytondisney View Post

Yeah! Such horror! Our meal prep consisted of pouring cereal into bowls. It was taxing, but I muscled my way through it! :lmao:

Seriously though, the ability to do laundry was great. The machines are on the second floor between the bedrooms. I had the kids pile their dirty stuff in front of the machine and I tossed it in when there was a full load. Loved it!

You people are cracking me up!
Gawd, I can't WAIT to get there! As soon as we walk in the door, (in two days!), I'm going to drag everyone straight to the splash pool so we can jump in with our clothes on. Vacation is going to get started with a BANG (or, a SPLASH)!

Haha :lmao:

We stayed in a two bedroom condo there in June, and we LOVED it. We had breakfast and some lunches back at the condo, a swim at the pool and nap time every day. With a 3 yo and a 6 yo, we hardly had any meltdowns the entire week. I attribute it to the extra space and breaks. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter