• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Throwaway room (read post #2041 or #2710 before posting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the paper parking pass allow you to park all the days you plan to visit a park or just the day of your throw away room? I'm so trying my best to figure al this out but I keep getting confused

They are only valid check-in day through check-out day.

So you don't have to check in to get your parking pass. If you do the EMH do you need to check-in personally or just online to be able to do the EMH??

So you don't have to check in to get your parking pass. If you do the EMH do you need to check-in personally or just online to be able to do the EMH??

No need to go personally. In fact, Disney starting to get rid of needing to go to the desk at all...

Do the paper parking pass allow you to park all the days you plan to visit a park or just the day of your throw away room? I'm so trying my best to figure al this out but I keep getting confused

Iy you have a one day reservation, you get free parking on your check-in day and your check-out day.

Ok, so Disney is trying to get rid of the front desk check-in. Sad, but not shocking at all. Loss of jobs. But if you don't get a parking pass, how will security know if you are parked there legally or not? I mean, I don't think it would be a real issue at the All Stars, but at the Poly, or Beach Club, different story.

Ok, so Disney is trying to get rid of the front desk check-in. Sad, but not shocking at all. Loss of jobs. But if you don't get a parking pass, how will security know if you are parked there legally or not? I mean, I don't think it would be a real issue at the All Stars, but at the Poly, or Beach Club, different story.

Scan your magicband.

There will still be a check-in desk...they are just "streamlining" the process with advances in technology.

Scan your magicband.

There will still be a check-in desk...they are just "streamlining" the process with advances in technology.

Well what I was getting at was your vehicle while its sitting in the parking lot. Maybe they could scan the tag number to check as whether or not it belonged there.

Can you kind people help me think through my scenario? I am currently booked for 5 nights at AKL with 5 day park tickets. My 60 day window from check-in begins tomorrow at midnight (I think). I am now planning on changing my reservation to be a split stay - 3 nights at AKL and 2 nights at Pop. I was planning on changing my 5 night ressie to a 3 night and book the 2 nights at Pop under my DH's MDE account (which is not linked to mine) so we can get two sets of MBs. BUT, now I'm realizing that that means I would not get to book my 5th day of FP+s at the same time as the other 4. Is that correct? I could book the first 4 FPs late tomorrow night but then would have to wait 4 days to book the 5th day of FP+s? If so, I'm not sure it's worth the extra set of MBs to have to wait to book the last day.

Your thinking is correct. However, I would just book all 5 days tonight, then change to a split night stay later, and chances are that you will be able to keep all the FP+ you already booked and you can also get another set of SD fast passes to boot.

Have your cake and eat it too.

Can you kind people help me think through my scenario? I am currently booked for 5 nights at AKL with 5 day park tickets. My 60 day window from check-in begins tomorrow at midnight (I think). I am now planning on changing my reservation to be a split stay - 3 nights at AKL and 2 nights at Pop. I was planning on changing my 5 night ressie to a 3 night and book the 2 nights at Pop under my DH's MDE account (which is not linked to mine) so we can get two sets of MBs. BUT, now I'm realizing that that means I would not get to book my 5th day of FP+s at the same time as the other 4. Is that correct? I could book the first 4 FPs late tomorrow night but then would have to wait 4 days to book the 5th day of FP+s? If so, I'm not sure it's worth the extra set of MBs to have to wait to book the last day.

That is true as far as we know, but see below...I also wanted to mention that you don't need to book under a different ID to get extra MBs...that happens with a split stay regardless.

Your thinking is correct. However, I would just book all 5 days tonight, then change to a split night stay later, and chances are that you will be able to keep all the FP+ you already booked and you can also get another set of SD fast passes to boot.

Have your cake and eat it too.

I agree with this. The system does not currently take away FP+ booked under a canceled reservation. The only problem is that you likely won't be able to change them after you cancel until it falls under another window (in your case, 60 days from second reservation)

That is true as far as we know, but see below...I also wanted to mention that you don't need to book under a different ID to get extra MBs...that happens with a split stay regardless.

But my intent for using a different ID for the second part of my split stay was so that the second set of MBs wouldn't be linked with the first set and could be used in the parks immediately for SDFP. Is this correct?

But my intent for using a different ID for the second part of my split stay was so that the second set of MBs wouldn't be linked with the first set and could be used in the parks immediately for SDFP. Is this correct?
Yes, that's correct. Your Pop reservation has to be made with a different MDE for MagicBands that aren't cloned to your original MDE.

I don't want to find out that there is an issue when we get there!

If I have a room, check-in online, but do not physically go and check in, I can use EMH and get free parking in the parks by letting them scan our magic bands? If, by chance, there was an issue, would the CM accept that we just haven't checked-in yet and still let us go in/park? We are planning to use EMH in the AM only on the day of check-in, and obviously, parking will happen then as well. We'll probably actually end up going to physically check in later in the day, but very unlikely to physically check-in that morning before EMH and parking.

Thanks!

It's been confirmed that EMH and parking are valid even if you don't physically check-in at the resort and only use online check-in.

Keep screenshots of your resort reservation and your online check-in page if you think there will be a problem.

I have not heard of any issues from anyone regarding not physically checking in before going to a park. Disney is actually moving away from the requirement to ever have to check in. Soon you'll be able to just receive an email or a text telling you your room number, and you can proceed directly to your room with your MagicBands already keyed for access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter