Throwaway room (read post #2041 or #2710 before posting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this possible? We have a campsite booked for 6 and now that I think about it, I'd like to change it to 9 or however many is allowed to get the extra bands. Is there any way to do this?

Will you actually have that many people or are you just wanting the extra bands? I think you have to have tickets attached to the bands to actually use them for FP+.

Will you actually have that many people or are you just wanting the extra bands? You have to have tickets attached to the bands to actually use them for FP+. Also, I don't know if they charge for extra adults at campsites like they do at the resorts, but if they do, it would be cheaper to just buy the extra bands.

Just want the extra bands. We don't have tickets attached to them. We might try to use them on our AK morning but other than that I think it would be too much of a hassle to carry them around. And there is no extra charge per person at the campsite like at the other resorts.

Is this possible? We have a campsite booked for 6 and now that I think about it, I'd like to change it to 9 or however many is allowed to get the extra bands. Is there any way to do this?

It's a limit of 10- there's someone on this thread I believe who did this- just made up names and filled the reservation to it's limit- so yeah, you can get 4 extra bands just by falsifying the reservation and listing fake names. You could use real, I suppose- but either way-

Disneyhappy said:
For what it is worth to anyone, a CM mentioned throwaway rooms yesterday when I questioned why I am having a hard time finding a value resort for my sister and husband from Tampa who want to join us on the 11/14 weekend (no space for them in our BLT villa). She first mentioned free dining but went on to say that the folks at Disney were aware of people booking throwaway rooms and are working on a solution. She specifically mentioned the powers that be are monitoring a thread on DIS boards. Seemed like an awful lot of info for a reservation CM to share - very strange. Is it true or is she the source? I don't know but thought I would share.

I don't doubt a cm would say they are aware of throwaway rooms, but saying the powers at be are monitoring a thread on dis boards sounds like some serious embellishing. That cm is probably an active member of the board who doesn't like the practice. The only thing wdw could do to deter it is change the rolling aspect and there are many (me included) that would book more days. $60 for my family of five for all our park days is not much to pay at all to guarantee we get the schedule we want.

For what it is worth to anyone, a CM mentioned throwaway rooms yesterday when I questioned why I am having a hard time finding a value resort for my sister and husband from Tampa who want to join us on the 11/14 weekend (no space for them in our BLT villa). She first mentioned free dining but went on to say that the folks at Disney were aware of people booking throwaway rooms and are working on a solution. She specifically mentioned the powers that be are monitoring a thread on DIS boards. Seemed like an awful lot of info for a reservation CM to share - very strange. Is it true or is she the source? I don't know but thought I would share.

This is strange I cannot help to think it is her opinion she is giving. Also if I were a CM it would not even cross my mind that you were planning a throwaway room. If I lived closer I would make last minute reservations occasionally.

As much as DH and I love staying onsite I have thought about booking a room just to make ADRs earlier. We want to wait to book until the specials come out.

If I book one night campsite for a party of 8, will I receive magic bands even if I have no tickets purchased? Do I need tickets linked to my Disney experience account to get magic bands?

If I book one night campsite for a party of 8, will I receive magic bands even if I have no tickets purchased? Do I need tickets linked to my Disney experience account to get magic bands?

Magic bands are generated from your resort stay, so no, you don't need tickets linked.

I'm new to the whole throwaway room idea so forgive me if this is a stupid question. You get extra magic bands by booking a throwaway room but if there's no ticket attached, you still can't make FP+ beforehand correct? So wouldn't just buying a mb from disneystore.com give the same benefit (and be slightly cheaper)?

Again, sorry if I'm way off. There's seems to be so many different ways, I'm trying to understand everything.

When I went to book, it only said documents would be sent. No mention of magic bands. Is that normal?

Yes. You need to customise Magic Bands separately after the room is already booked.

I'm new to the whole throwaway room idea so forgive me if this is a stupid question. You get extra magic bands by booking a throwaway room but if there's no ticket attached, you still can't make FP+ beforehand correct? So wouldn't just buying a mb from disneystore.com give the same benefit (and be slightly cheaper)?

You can't make any FP+ unless tickets are attached. However with a resort stay, you can book FP+ at 60 days out. With no room resort stay, you can book FP+ at 30 days out only.

Again, sorry if I'm way off. There's seems to be so many different ways, I'm trying to understand everything.

It isn't the magicband that people are booking the room for, it's the ability to book FP+ (among other things). MBs are pretty useless without a ticket anyways, but people may be booking now and getting tickets independently later.

Sorry, I feel like this is a MB 101 question, anyway, the free parking associated with the MBs, is that for all parks or just for the resorts?

TIA, Karen :)

Sorry, I feel like this is a MB 101 question, anyway, the free parking associated with the MBs, is that for all parks or just for the resorts?

TIA, Karen :)

The free parking is associated with your resort stay. It gives you free parking at the Parks on the days of your stay (including check in and check out day)

You can park at at the resorts for free whether you are staying on or off site. The resorts close to Epcot and Magic Kingdom they are more strict on parking (to stop people parking there for free and going to the Parks all day) You are allowed to Park at the resorts for the purpose of shopping or dining. Technically they can tow your car after 3 hours. You can Valet at the Deluxe Resorts all day for $20 + tip.

The free parking is associated with your resort stay. It gives you free parking at the Parks on the days of your stay (including check in and check out day)

You can park at at the resorts for free whether you are staying on or off site. The resorts close to Epcot and Magic Kingdom they are more strict on parking (to stop people parking there for free and going to the Parks all day) You are allowed to Park at the resorts for the purpose of shopping or dining. Technically they can tow your car after 3 hours. You can Valet at the Deluxe Resorts all day for $20 + tip.

I would add that parking at the resorts is not guaranteed at all except for those staying there. But like DP says, its the closest resorts that would likely turn you away on busy days...too many people trying to avoid paying for parking to get in to the parks. :(

So, I decided to give this a try because I was going to buy MagicBands anyway even though we are offsite (think my kids would enjoy having them). Between that cost and parking, it ends up being less expensive plus the advantage of FP+ at 60 days.

So, I booked a campsite for 1 day. It linked no problem to my MDE account. I already had our tickets linked (we have the Military Salute 4-day hoppers). But, when I look at making FP+ selections, it is still only showing me an option to book 30 days out rather than 60. Does it take awhile to update that part of it or is it because I already had the tickets linked?

So, I decided to give this a try because I was going to buy MagicBands anyway even though we are offsite (think my kids would enjoy having them). Between that cost and parking, it ends up being less expensive plus the advantage of FP+ at 60 days.

So, I booked a campsite for 1 day. It linked no problem to my MDE account. I already had our tickets linked (we have the Military Salute 4-day hoppers). But, when I look at making FP+ selections, it is still only showing me an option to book 30 days out rather than 60. Does it take awhile to update that part of it or is it because I already had the tickets linked?

Are you 60 days out now? It won't show it until you are.

And it does appear to take a day or so for everything to update sometimes.

Are you 60 days out now? It won't show it until you are.

And it does appear to take a day or so for everything to update sometimes.

No we are at 62 days. That makes sense now that I think about it that it won't show it until the 60 day mark. Thank you!

No we are at 62 days. That makes sense now that I think about it that it won't show it until the 60 day mark. Thank you!

And don't forget when you are making your FP+ selections, on day 60 you will only be able to make those for your check in and check out day if you have a 1 day stay. Then you will have to go back in and do it one day at a time when your other days get to the 60 day mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter