Throwaway room (read post #2041 or #2710 before posting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If what I remember is still correct, you do not need tickets - just bands on a completely unrelated MDX account. But that's really a different thread.

I realize this is a different topic, but... what is the benefit of creating a separate MDX account and attaching Magic Bands to it, without tickets? What on earth does that do for you?

I'm planning to book a campsite for one night the last week of January, but we'll be staying at Windsor Hills. Which would take longer: parking at TTC and getting to MK from there? Or parking at FW (park at campsite or can we leave the car in the temp parking at the front?) and taking the ferry to MK? I'd like to get there in time to see the welcome show.

No wonder I can never book at tent site... I hate this throwaway room for the Fort. Those that go there alot and love it, its getting harder and harder to find anything. Does this never cross any ones mind when they do this, or just tough luck for you that actually want to take you kids camping.... Just food for thought is all.

All I can say is make your reservations early. I have a site booked for June and I will go over to the Fort for that day. I have stayed several times over the years. Probably about 10 times.

No wonder I can never book at tent site... I hate this throwaway room for the Fort. Those that go there alot and love it, its getting harder and harder to find anything. Does this never cross any ones mind when they do this, or just tough luck for you that actually want to take you kids camping.... Just food for thought is all.
All I can say is make your reservations early. I have a site booked for June and I will go over to the Fort for that day. I have stayed several times over the years. Probably about 10 times.

Yup. Made my tent site reservation 10 months out. I'm not going to cancel; I'm paying for the use of it.

If you stay there then its not a throwaway room :) Its the people that do not even bother to drive over....

I didn't realize you could cancel and keep the FP+! I figured I would just have to take a $40 hit ($80 campsite - $40 worth of free parking). Genius.

yes PLEASE cancel.... many campers would still love a campsite!
(not being snarky, just would be helpfull so those who do use the system, to let your reservation go if you are not going to use it)

Agree!

I think they should change the one night to anyone that has magic bands shipped to them and just try to cancel after receiving them, so they get them for free. Its theft, its not genius....

yes PLEASE cancel.... many campers would still love a campsite!
(not being snarky, just would be helpfull so those who do use the system, to let your reservation go if you are not going to use it)

So you can actually get a set of magic bands for free and use those in the park for extra fast passes even though they have not been used before?

I think they should change the one night to anyone that has magic bands shipped to them and just try to cancel after receiving them, so they get them for free.
All Disney has to do is begin enforcing a late cancellation fee - within 45 days of check-in. It is already in their policy, just not enforced.

All Disney has to do is begin enforcing a late cancellation fee - within 45 days of check-in. It is already in their policy, just not enforced.

What is the policy? Just curious. We never cancel our trips, we plan them far in advance and only book what we use. So enforcement of the cancelation policy wouldn't effect me.

Room only isn't a 45 day cancellation issue. That is only packages correct?
Yeah, I think that you are correct but they don't even follow through on that. Maybe follow through on that and add a late cancellation fee for room/campsite reservations.

Just to clarify: if I'm within my 30 days and already have MB linked to MDE, I can cancel my throwaway room with no penalty and keep my FP and MBs?

Just to clarify: if I'm within my 30 days and already have MB linked to MDE, I can cancel my throwaway room with no penalty and keep my FP and MBs?

You won't find too many people confirming this, due to the ethical issues surrounding this practice. However, I have heard scattered reports that MB's are somehow "deactivated" if you cancel your resort stay. I tend not to believe these accounts, and believe that both MB's and FP+'s will be perfectly fine after you cancel, but YMMV. (if it works, let me know! :smooth: )

You are correct if you have a ROOM ONLY reservation. Just did this over Spring Break. Our motorhome wasn't ready for the 1,000+ mile drive to Disney (we just drove down for Christmas vacation) so we reluctantly cancelled our preferred site reservation about 25 days out and stayed at an offsite hotel. Our MBs worked and all of our FPs were there after the cancellation.

We had a genuine reason to cancel, and I even offered my site up to the camping forum before calling and cancelling to try and coordinate in case someone wanted to pick it up.

ETA: I don't see it as skirting or breaking Disney rules because, as stated, we intended to use the site, and then something came up. As you can see from my signature we have stayed at the Fort several times. I'm not advocating anyone misuse this information for "free" MBs and 60 day FPs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter