• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Throwaway room (read post #2041 or #2710 before posting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So sorry to ask this but what is SDFP?

Thanks,

Karen

Yes, but I'm not 100% sure about if you get one day of FP or two. You would need at least a 2 day ticket IF they give you the two days of FP for a one night stay.

They send MBs inside a month from the stay.

So I've reserved a campsite and have park tickets coming through the YES program. I assume I'll receive MagicBands and can link my 5-day tickets and ADRs to those (as well as parking for 2 days).

So ... a couple of questions ...
1. Will I get MagicBands?
2. Will parking automatically be added to my MB?
3. Is parking only linked to 1 band?
4. Will I know which band?
5. Can I choose the colors of my MBs?
6. How do I go about doing that?

Thank you in advance!

So I've reserved a campsite and have park tickets coming through the YES program. I assume I'll receive MagicBands and can link my 5-day tickets and ADRs to those (as well as parking for 2 days).

So ... a couple of questions ...
1. Will I get MagicBands?
2. Will parking automatically be added to my MB?
3. Is parking only linked to 1 band?
4. Will I know which band?
5. Can I choose the colors of my MBs?
6. How do I go about doing that?

Thank you in advance!

1. Yes.
2. Nothing is "added to" any MagicBand.**
3. See #2.
4. See #2.
5. Yes.
6. Your MDE account will ask you to do it.

**Everything is added to your MDE account: Tickets, Parking, etc.
THEN, all of that info is ACCESSED via all of your MagicBands.

Last edited:
1. Yes.
2. Nothing is "added to" any MagicBand.**
3. See #2.
4. See #2.
5. Yes.
6. Your MDE account will ask you to do it.

**Everything is added to your MDE account: Tickets, Parking, etc.
THEN, all of that info is ACCESSED via all of your MagicBands.

Thank you! I was hoping you would answer!

Two follow-ups:
  1. How do I obtain free parking for the parks? Do I link it somehow in my MDE app?
  2. Will I receive a notification about selecting my MB or do I need to just regularly check the app?
Thank you Robo!

Thank you! I was hoping you would answer!

Two follow-ups:
  1. How do I obtain free parking for the parks? Do I link it somehow in my MDE app?
  2. Will I receive a notification about selecting my MB or do I need to just regularly check the app?
Thank you Robo!

Ok ... I figured out number 2, so I just have the first question left.

Thanks again!

Staying onsite Feb '16. Slow learner here:scared:. I do understand that an extra set of MB's followed by a trip to in-park kiosks will get me three add'l SDFP's, that much is clear. BUT, how can I book SDFP's the night before (NBFP's?) and avoid the morning rush to the kiosks? To my limited understanding, for my party of five I could book a throwaway campsite for one night, attach a one or two day ticket and then make FP+ selections at 60 days out for one person in our party? THEN, reassign the ticket to another in our party and repeat the process? Do the FP+ remain for the person who no longer has an assigned ticket? And for how long do the FP's remain once the ticket has been reassigned? Also, will I be able to check-in online and not have to visit campsite at all? My goal is to use this strategy for the first two days(MK and EP days) of our six night stay at CR. Am I close to getting this thing right...or am I a lost cause :teacher:? Thanks in advance for any help!

Just wanted to report back to the thread to add additional confirmation to a frequently asked question:

I had a throwaway campsite booked under a separate MDE. On that MDE I also linked MNSSHP tickets for our group, and used the tickets to made FP+ reservations for the afternoon 60 days before the party day. All of the MBs shipped and arrived, and then I went to the separate MDE to cancel the throwaway camp site. The cancellation went through with no problem and the FP+ all remained intact.

I have not tried using the bands for SDFP yet, but I presume they will work just like any other bands.

Thanks to everyone for all the great advice on this thread. Disney makes the rules, we just slide through the loopholes!

Just wanted to report back to the thread to add additional confirmation to a frequently asked question:

I had a throwaway campsite booked under a separate MDE. On that MDE I also linked MNSSHP tickets for our group, and used the tickets to made FP+ reservations for the afternoon 60 days before the party day. All of the MBs shipped and arrived, and then I went to the separate MDE to cancel the throwaway camp site. The cancellation went through with no problem and the FP+ all remained intact.

I have not tried using the bands for SDFP yet, but I presume they will work just like any other bands.

Thanks to everyone for all the great advice on this thread. Disney makes the rules, we just slide through the loopholes!
Did you cancel inside 30 days? Or 60-30 days?

Did you cancel inside 30 days? Or 60-30 days?

I cancelled inside 30 days, as I wanted to wait until the MBs shipped before doing so. I don't know what would happen on an earlier cancel, except that the MB shipment would also be cancelled.

I am in the early stages of planning a summer 2016 trip, which will be my first time staying off site. I've read through much of this thread, and understand that it is possible that things may change between now and then, but I just want to make sure that right now, I understand how it works, and have a workable plan.

My wife, my son and I have visited Disney World in both 2015, and 2014, and have two sets of magic bands from those stays. Both visits were planned on the same MDE account, so those two sets are clones of each other. In effect, we have one set of identities.

Our 2016 traveling party will also include four other people. None of them have been to Disney World since MDE / FP+ was implemented, so they have no MDE setup.

My goals are:

1) to have two separate MDE profiles for each member of our group, two separate Magic Bands for each member.
2) Make ADR's at 180 days
3) Make FP+ at 60 days thus greatly increasing our chances for SDMT, TSMM, etc.
4) Make an extra set of SDFP+
5) Two days of free parking
6) Opportunity to use EMH on two days

So, what I think I need to do:

Make a new MDE account, using a slightly different version of my name, my son's name, my wife's name, and a new email address.
Also add in the real names of the 4 other members of our party.
In addition, add in 3 more made up names.
Make a one night reservation for the campground, for the first day we intend to be in a park.
Customize our magic bands.
Purchase ONE more Magic Band (can this be done online?)
Add one more fictional person to my old MDE account, and link the one separate MB to that name
Buy 7 tickets from UCT, and link to the 7 primary names in the new MDE account
Make ADR's and FP+ selections in the new account.

Now, the 7 MB's from the new account will be our park tickets, key to EMH, and parking

The 3 extra's from that MDE will be rogues, as well as the one's my son, wife and I have from this year, AND the one new one that I purchased and linked to a new name on our old MDE

Do I have this right?

i feel bad for asking these questions..but some of the posts are from a while ago....
a)make one night reservation
b) get fp+ for those 2 days plus a rolling for remainder of our park tickets?
c) get free parking for those 2 days or for remainder of our park tickets?
d)does it link to the ride pictures..(are they included in the memory maker now?)
e)can my husband use my band for my fast pass to a ride that i dont want to do?
f)are sdfp in addition to fp+ advanced reservations and are they limited.?
g) the magic bands at the disney store at 20.00 do what?

just when i had the last fast pass system figured out..lol..

i greatly appreciate any answers to these questions....thanks

Last edited:
e)can my husband use my band for my fast pass to a ride that i dont want to do?

I can't say for certain that my experience was BECAUSE of what we did, but..... On opening day for 7DMT, we (my son and I) had fp+ for Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain and 7DMT. We rode Thunder, but since I don't do Splash I allowed my son to use my band after he rode it on his band. When he came off Splash after using my band, our 7DMT fp+ was gone...totally deleted from both of our bands. Of course, I wasn't able to get another pass and we ended up doing the standby line. As it turned out, there were many glitches that day and very rainy weather, so the ride was down much of the day and most everyone (even those with fp+) ended up waiting a few hours to ride. Anyway, I would not trust that all will remain good if you allow your husband to use your band for a ride you don't want to do. I would suggest finding a ride that you want that he won't mind missing and that way you both will still get rides you want.

I can't say for certain that my experience was BECAUSE of what we did, but..... On opening day for 7DMT, we (my son and I) had fp+ for Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain and 7DMT. We rode Thunder, but since I don't do Splash I allowed my son to use my band after he rode it on his band. When he came off Splash after using my band, our 7DMT fp+ was gone...totally deleted from both of our bands. Of course, I wasn't able to get another pass and we ended up doing the standby line. As it turned out, there were many glitches that day and very rainy weather, so the ride was down much of the day and most everyone (even those with fp+) ended up waiting a few hours to ride. Anyway, I would not trust that all will remain good if you allow your husband to use your band for a ride you don't want to do. I would suggest finding a ride that you want that he won't mind missing and that way you both will still get rides you want.
thank you so much for your input....so many changes in such a short time...

But how could the fp+ system know that it was your son and not you that went on Splash Mountain. Wouldn't the more likely scenario be that stuff was just messed up that day and they had computer glitches?

But how could the fp+ system know that it was your son and not you that went on Splash Mountain. Wouldn't the more likely scenario be that stuff was just messed up that day and they had computer glitches?

I know what you are saying and that is why I allowed him to use my band for a second time on Splash Mtn. As I said in my OP, I can't say that what happened (losing our 7DMT fp+) was BECAUSE of what we did at Splash Mtn....it was just very odd and coincidental that the 7DMT passes disappeared before he was even off of Splash Mtn that second time. No one we spoke with in line at 7DMT had had any issues with their FPs for that ride or any others through MDE. This just added to my questions of why WE had issues and, going back to the moment of when they disappeared took me to the point in time when my son had used my band to do another ride. I know this sounds extremely far fetched, but it was enough that I have decided that we would not ever do that again....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter