Throwaway Room and Ticket Question

Fish4bas

Earning My Ears
I am looking at booking a one night stay at a campsite at fort wilderness campground and 8 days of tickets.. This would just be a throwaway night since i am looking at staying offsite for the first time. My question is do i still get the 60 day fastpass window for the 8 days of tickets and also do i receive magic bands for the one night?

I am looking at booking a one night stay at a campsite at fort wilderness campground and 8 days of tickets.. This would just be a throwaway night since i am looking at staying offsite for the first time. My question is do i still get the 60 day fastpass window for the 8 days of tickets and also do i receive magic bands for the one night?
Yes, I just did this exactly. Have fun!

Nothing like cheating the system :sad2: Hope someone that wanted a campsite isn’t going to be disappointed.
How is that cheating the system? OP is paying for the campsite. It’s not like OP is getting a campsite for free.

Yes, I just did this exactly. Have fun!

So does this allow the OP to book FP+s at the 60 day mark for ALL 8 days of tickets? Or just 2 days worth of tickets (check in and check out date)?

The 60 day fast pass window is for people staying onsite. It's too bad Disney won't do something to keep people from cheating the system like this.
I'm happy to say I'm glad to see other people upset with this practice! I already emailed Disney (and administrator of this blog), and ask that anyone else who finds this unfair to do so Also! Paying for 1 night for a Campsite should not give you the privilege of booking fastpasses for the full week or however long your pretend ressie is! Hopefully Disney will close that loophole also! It does take away not only the campsites from perspective customers, also takes away the chances of getting fast passes, and /or dining Dessie's from the people actually staying inside Disney!

Well i’m only 3 weeks out (I just found that thread) and already got up every morning at 30 days to book my FPS day by day. I booked for 2 days of free parking and new magic bands and i’m not cancelling my reservation;0P

So does this allow the OP to book FP+s at the 60 day mark for ALL 8 days of tickets? Or just 2 days worth of tickets (check in and check out date)?

Just the two days. I believe it used to be the full amount of ticket days but now it’s your reservation length. And if you cancel the reservation it will cancel your FP selections. But not any other reservations such as dining.

Just the two days. I believe it used to be the full amount of ticket days but now it’s your reservation length. And if you cancel the reservation it will cancel your FP selections. But not any other reservations such as dining.
I’m not sure as the poster encouraging the other to do the same said they booked the one night to get 8 days of FP :sad2: I agree, they should only get 1 day of FP for 1 night booked.

How is that cheating the system? OP is paying for the campsite. It’s not like OP is getting a campsite for free.
Cheating by making a pretend reservation for 1 night to get 8 days of perks reserved for people staying onsite is by many’s opinion cheating. And self entitled. It’s also taking away that spot for a family that wants it. I don’t know how many people do this, but it sounds like quite a few. So now there’s a whole bunch of empty campsites from throw away reservations and people who want a site can’t get one to work for their dates. Just because they’re paying for the site doesn’t make it right.

No as long as they cancel 6 days before campsites first date they’re still in their 30 day window for FP even though they got the 60 day window and all the days after the first date! From the Disney moms panel:
https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney...te-hotel-cancellation-feepolicy-hotel-282049/

No as long as they cancel 6 days before campsites first date they’re still in their 30 day window for FP even though they got the 60 day window and all the days after the first date! From the Disney moms panel:
https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney...te-hotel-cancellation-feepolicy-hotel-282049/

That blog post is from 2015. It used to be that way. Now it’s not.
It may be canceling with less than 30 days won’t cancel FP but definitely canceling before that will.
And you are only able to make FP for the length of your stay, not the length of your ticket. I’ve tried it. That’s how it is now.

I literally tried it last night. I book a campsite 60 days out for one night. I have 5 day tickets. It only let me make FP for the two days of the reservation. And then when I canceled it, it told me twice that any FP selections would be canceled with my room.
Well I hope that’s true that they are finally closing the loophole! If u scroll up to earlier posts it seemed they were still getting away with it! Just googled and this practice has made it the UK also, so you can try to imagine how far and how long this practice has been used! And how many people that did not stay in WDW for their whole trip has added to the crowd levels being allowed to book FP for the whole trip after cancelling and paying for 1 night!
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1033252

Well I hope that’s true that they are finally closing the loophole! If u scroll up to earlier posts it seemed they were still getting away with it! Just googled and this practice has made it the UK also, so you can try to imagine how far and how long this practice has been used! And how many people that did not stay in WDW for their whole trip has added to the crowd levels being allowed to book FP for the whole trip after cancelling and paying for 1 night!
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1033252

I just figured I had to see if it worked or not. Plus I’m 65 days away from my trip so I was curious to know if it would let me make fp 60+5 instead of waiting for 60. Big fat nope!

So yes that part of the loophole is closed!

I just figured I had to see if it worked or not. Plus I’m 65 days away from my trip so I was curious to know if it would let me make fp 60+5 instead of waiting for 60. Big fat nope!

So yes that part of the loophole is closed!

Regardless of the loophole, wouldn't you have to wait until 60 days out from your check in day to make any FPs anyway? So you could look for 60+5 FP on your 60 day mark, but not at your 65 day mark...

Regardless of the loophole, wouldn't you have to wait until 60 days out from your check in day to make any FPs anyway? So you could look for 60+5 FP on your 60 day mark, but not at your 65 day mark...

Right. But out of curiosity I made a new reservation that was 60 days out. If the FP were tied to ticket length I’d have been able to make fastpasses for 5 days with the last one being the first day of my actual trip. But I wasn’t able to. I was only able to make them for the two days of the throwaway reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter