Thrifty - Orlando Magiccard

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by My3kiddos, Aug 4, 2010.

1. My3kiddos

My3kiddos DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if using the orlando magiccard corporate code still gives a free additional driver with Thrifty? There used to be a disclaimer on mousesavers but it's not there anymore, so I thought maybe they were still giving the free additional driver. I was just wondering if anyone had first hand knowledge of this.

2. JoeCathyAngelina

JoeCathyAngelina Lord be willing all goes well, see you next year.

A few years ago I booked a weekly rental with Thrifty using the magic Card.
    I brought all the paper work with me to the counter.
    The agent told me I wasn't on the system, they had no cars available, the magic card and reservation/confirmation documents that I brought with me ment nothing to him, an additional driver is $10 per day, if I wanted to rent a car from Thrify it would cost 3 times more than the price of the confirmation papers and I would have to wait for a car to become available.
    It was the ugliest experience I ever had at the airport.
    The supervisor finnaly figured out what happened and gave us a car for the original confirm rate. They still wanted an extra $10 per day for an additional driver.
    I'll never rent from Thrifty again. Ever.
    Since then I joined National Emerald club for free. I automaticlly get an additional driver for free with decent cars and rates on the Emerald Isle.
    Good luck all,
    Joe

3. FoodLover

FoodLover Founder of MouseSavers.com

No, the additional driver is no longer included with that code.

Mary
    MouseSavers.com

4. My3kiddos

My3kiddos DIS Veteran

Sorry you had such a bad experience. We used Thrifty @ TPA last year and it was a breeze. The free additional driver was still in effect then.

Does anyone know of any codes that include an additional driver with Thrifty?

5. lyonking3

lyonking3 DVC member DVC Gold

Nope, it doesn't