Thrifty mini van deal

gsmag

Earning My Ears
Just found a deal on Thrifty's website. It wasnt there yesterday. Its a minivan rental for $239 for a week. If you need the extra room that is a great deal!

Thanks for the heads-up! We have a full-size reserved with Dollar at $199/wk for our trip the last week of July, but I may just splurge the extra $40 for a minivan.

Actually Dollar now has the same offer on their website. Makes sense since they're owned by the same company.

I found Thrifty to be less then Dollar, so I booked with Thrifty.

Are either of these on site at MCO? My reservation at Thrifty states there is no shuttle, as the lot is across from the terminal.

What type of vehicles (make/model) do they rent? At both the "minivan" and "midsize" van is listed as a Grand Caravan? I called in and they said that they are both the same. Extremely odd.

Has anyone rented from MCO recently? I need to know if the minivans they rent have separate captain's chairs for the middle row or a bench seat. The bench seat places the DD's too close to each other and they usually do not recline at all so it's a no-go for us if this is the case.

For those of you who didn't know, you can also use the Orlando Magic Card discount with this deal. Corporate #:004M001010. It doesn't take any $$$ off, but it does give you a free additional driver. :cool1:

:thumbsup2 I hope they offer this deal in August!!

We used Thrifty last trip. Yes, they are now owned by dollar and are on site at MCO. the line to check in was VERY LONG and took FOREVER. so this time I joined my DH as a Blue CHip member so we wont have to wait in the long line, we can go to the short line. i saw someone breeze through that line while we were waiting so i figured it would help. the kids were coming unglued having to wait so long for us to get the car.

We just changed our minivan rate down to get the $239 special. However, I had to choose between the $239 or the corporate rate of $268 that gave you the extra driver for free. I couldn't get either Dollar or Thrifty to give me both deals. Is there something I am doing wrong? Thanks!

I was just about to book the minivan deal when we decided to try priceline one more time. We got $20 a day on a full size. It ended up giving us Alamo which is great. I think total ended up being $217 with taxes and all.

Just to let you know, I have tried several times so then I called to try to use both the $239 weekly rate and the Orlando Magicard "extra driver" rate. They said that I had to pick one vs the other which is pretty typical for discounts but I was hoping maybe I was just doing it wrong. The Magicard comes out to $279 per week so just depends on which discount is more important since the extra driver is $9.99 per day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter