Three Questions about Three Restaurants

Spent many an hour at the outdoor patio at HBD. Even during super busy christmas week I could grab a table. Add to your list La Cava in Mexico. Good margaritas. This is coming from a Texas girl! It's cool and air conditioned. Also good is the new Tutto in Italy. Great little sandwiches and wine flights.
Ah La Cava! Yes we spend a lot of time there. I'm still waiting for FP+ to be good there. That would be gold for me.

The Kidani Pool Bar also keeps me entertained. Food there is good too.

Heading out in the morning! I can't wait to try these locations.

Off topic...I can't believe I am going to pay $40.00 for breakfast at Chef Mickey's for my family of four. I swore off buffets years ago, but I got dragged back in... **** Tusker House doesn't count! :-)

Heading out in the morning! I can't wait to try these locations.

Off topic...I can't believe I am going to pay $40.00 for breakfast at Chef Mickey's for my family of four. I swore off buffets years ago, but I got dragged back in... **** Tusker House doesn't count! :-)

I can't believe I paid what I did for dinner at Chef Mickey's last month. :faint:

But when I told my husband and daughter I was going to pass on it, they looked at me like I had 2 heads. I guess I still have some work to do with them. :p

There IS something about eating with that monorail going through overhead though. I'm going to have to go back though. I completely failed at getting a photo of my daughter with a character with the monorail coming through behind. :)

I can't believe I paid what I did for dinner at Chef Mickey's last month. :faint:

But when I told my husband and daughter I was going to pass on it, they looked at me like I had 2 heads. I guess I still have some work to do with them. :p

There IS something about eating with that monorail going through overhead though. I'm going to have to go back though. I completely failed at getting a photo of my daughter with a character with the monorail coming through behind. :)

I will suck it up and have a good time. Let's see how my photography skills pan out.

I will suck it up and have a good time. Let's see how my photography skills pan out.

Glad you are taking the challenge. Remember you'll need a fast shutter speed for the monorail. :)

Haven't been to Spice Road since the menu change but we enjoyed our experience there eating outside. I didn't find the food hot but nicely spiced. We had a few small plates with a delicious crisp dry rose served along side. The heat is in the sauces and accompaniments. image.jpg

The Brown Derby Lounge we've done as a starter before a late dinner. I also had the Bloody Mary and the charcuterie platter and the cheese platter, tasty! Then we also did it for desserts only with champagne flights! They have a smaller version of my fave from the restaurant, banana toffee cake. I personally would like a bit more menue choices, but what they have is delicious.

At least as of mid May half of the Brown Derby lounge patio was closed for construction so there were only a handful of tables. Hopefully the rest has opened by now. Just keep in mind that it is all outside with no cover or air conditioning. The food is terrific!

Barry, at the HBDL my boyfriend usually gets the charcuterie and cheese platter and something fruity like a Bahama Mama or a Melon Ball. I usually get the sliders and either the Margarita Flight or Red Carpet (their Bloody Mary) . The HBDL is also a great place to people watch and you can hear whatever's going on in front of the Chinese Theater. You're gonna love it!

Hi, we snuck in for an afternoon snack today at about 4:00 pm. 4 tables were open. I loved the sliders, and I sampled the mojito (also good). We had a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter