Three people in a Cat. 12?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by tigger2002, Oct 30, 2009.

1. tigger2002

tigger2002 DIS Veteran

Feb 10, 2002
    We were looking at a seven night Western in March 2010. The rates for two people in a Cat. 12 are $739 per person. If you try to put three people in the room, no Cat. 12s show up. Since they are so cheap I assume that there are plenty of them available. I have seen people book four people in a Cat. 12.Why can't I book for three people in the room? Can I call Disney directly and request that.

2. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

Dec 4, 2003
    There are a couple of possibilities. Did you try 3 adults? If it won't allow 3 adults, it means either that DCL is not selling the cat 12 for 3 people at this time or that the lifeboat station may be full (this early, probably just not selling it for 3).

If it won't allow 2 adults and a child of a certain age but will allow 3 adults, it means that the age group you are trying to book is full.

Yes, on some occacions DCL allows booking of 4 people into a cat 12, at other times they will show only cabins for 3 available. They use the cat 12 to control their inventory--a certain number of these cabins with a certain number of occupants is released in order to sell more cabins.

On our May cruise, I was not able to book a cat 12 for 4; we booked 2 cabins. Interestingly, we were upgraded to 2 cat 10s that slept 4 each. go figure.....