THREE more days.....

jpeka65844

DIS Veteran
And I'll be throwing open the door to a spacious 2 BDRM BW View villa! Lord deliver me from below zero temps and 18 inches of snow that's going nowhere soon!

Who's with me?????

Oh, I am so jealous!!! We got slammed with lake effect snow all weekend and it is slated to continue all week (YUK!!!).

I only wish I was heading to Disney.

Have a wonderful trip and enjoy an extra special cocktail for me as you are taking in that beautiful view!!!

Have a great trip!!!

Heading out Thurs - Obsessing about weather for the Marathon run ( we have to be out there at 2AM - run starts at 5:40 am - me and 23,000 others!!) So glad to be staying at BCV!! :cool1:

We'll wave if we see you run by! 2 more work days and then we're off to WDW (via 2 days at Vero)!:goodvibes

I will live vicariously through all of you. I have to wait until Halloween 2010 to visit again. :surfweb:

We are leaving Thursday!!! Can't wait! It's been cold here in PA. It may be cold at WDW but hey, we are at Disney!!!!! Everyone have a safe and fun trip!!!

Cyndi

I'm leaving in 4 days (Saturday morning)!

:cool1:

I wonder how cold it will be?

Lots of marathoners are obsessing on the Wish event/comp thread - according to today's news Florida is the coldest its been in a "quarter of a century!" Lows in the 30's to high twenties!! Highs? maybe it will get in the 50's!

for us the start of the marathon was moved up - to 5:40 AM and with 24,000 people they are running busses from 2AM - 4AM - last bus is 4FRIGID AM! Start for me to move will be closer to 6:15AM - that's 3 - 4 hours OUTSIDE in the BRrrr Cold...

I'm going to want a "do over"!

As a matter of fact here in Chicago it was 19 deg F - Florida was 29 - just TEN DEGREES WARMER!! :faint:

somehow I doubt if Stormalong Bay will be crowded - the Hot tub? standing room only!

8 more days for us ... then 2 nights at VWL and 7 at BWV. Sure hope it is warmer by then! The immediate 7 day forecast shows Orlando temps running about 20 degrees below my home temps. Please be warm, please be warm ...

We got back on December 18 and I'm ready to go already! Too bad I don't have unlimited funds and unlimited points! ;)

Lots of marathoners are obsessing on the Wish event/comp thread - according to today's news Florida is the coldest its been in a "quarter of a century!" Lows in the 30's to high twenties!! Highs? maybe it will get in the 50's!

for us the start of the marathon was moved up - to 5:40 AM and with 24,000 people they are running busses from 2AM - 4AM - last bus is 4FRIGID AM! Start for me to move will be closer to 6:15AM - that's 3 - 4 hours OUTSIDE in the BRrrr Cold...

I'm going to want a "do over"!

As a matter of fact here in Chicago it was 19 deg F - Florida was 29 - just TEN DEGREES WARMER!! :faint:

somehow I doubt if Stormalong Bay will be crowded - the Hot tub? standing room only!

Are you talking about the Whole or Half Marathon? DH is running the 1/2 and he hasn't heard anything about a time change. Just hoping we didn't miss something.

Are you talking about the Whole or Half Marathon? DH is running the 1/2 and he hasn't heard anything about a time change. Just hoping we didn't miss something.

Both the whole and the Half are starting at 5:40 - you can go on the WISH event/comp board - lots of people have given the heads up from the official site - I dont have the link - I'll go look for it...

but since the start time is 5:40 the last bus leaves at 4AM and it will be very crowded (who wants to get there early to sit out in the cold?!!)

he's welcome to join the Wish team! (just show up! we wear lime green!)

From today's Marathon Chat

Paul (Albuquerque, NM): With both the marathon and the January half marathon starting at 5:40 am now, does that mean we will have wave starts for both the half marathon and the full marathon?

Stacy: Paul, There will be waves for the half and full marathons this year. More details will be posted online next week

Sounds like we can throw out any notion of what we think the start will be like....until next week.

http://adisneyworldsports.disney.go...urSports/PDF/Endurance/WDWMarathonProgram.pdf

from page 5:

SATURDAY, JANUARY 9
Race Retreat*
Epcot ® Wonder Lot 3:00 a.m. – Open to runners only 5:30 a.m. – Open to friends and family 10:30 a.m. – Retreat closes

WALT DISNEY WORLD® Half Marathon
Epcot ® 5:35 a.m. – Wheelchair Start
5:40 a.m. – Runner Start

And I'll be throwing open the door to a spacious 2 BDRM BW View villa! Lord deliver me from below zero temps and 18 inches of snow that's going nowhere soon!

Who's with me?????

Actually *I* am. :cool1: In four days 'll be throwing open the door to a spacious 2 BDRM BW View villa" too!!! :cool1:

Meet you there!

Mary

Also leaving Saturday morning. Just sick about how cold it's going to be, but still excited to be there!!!!

We're leaving on Sat. morning as well. Can't wait. It's chilly and windy here in NH. I'm praying that the temps warm up for us next week. Good luck to all those competing in the marathon!

8 more days for us ... then 2 nights at VWL and 7 at BWV. Sure hope it is warmer by then! The immediate 7 day forecast shows Orlando temps running about 20 degrees below my home temps. Please be warm, please be warm ...
My weather widget now shows tomorrow's Orlando forcast as 30 degrees below local temps in San Diego with mixed rain/snow. Oh, my. Please may it be wam, please may it be warm ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter