• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Three Broomsticks - When Can You Book?

ADP

<marquee><font color=red>I'm a huggin' fool</marqu
Just curious if bookings for the 3 Broomsticks restaurant will be 90 days? Anyone have any insight on when they will start taking reservations? I see they are already taking reservations for guests who book packages.

I hope Universal doesn't turn into Disney where you have to book so far in advance. One of the joys of Universal is turning up at the park and deciding that if you want Mythos that day you can have it. Not trying to decide what you want to eat 90 days in advance by which stage you'll have changed your mind anyway

I hope Universal doesn't turn into Disney where you have to book so far in advance. One of the joys of Universal is turning up at the park and deciding that if you want Mythos that day you can have it. Not trying to decide what you want to eat 90 days in advance by which stage you'll have changed your mind anyway
The reality is this restaurant will be extremely popular at the start (first 6 months). Maybe I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm going to guess you will need a reservation and walk-ups will almost be impossible.

Three Broomsticks is going to be Counter Service for Lunch and Dinner.

I've not heard much on what the deal will be for Breakfast. The new HP package that just started today states that you get a breakfast reservation for Three Broomsticks, but I've not seen anywhere where they state if it will be counter, buffet, or character or anything like that.

I think the Three Broomsticks sounds neat, but I probably won't wait in line to eat there any more than at any other restaurant. I may be eating alone at Mythos while you are all fighting it out for the last table at Harry's place.:rotfl:

I think the Three Broomsticks sounds neat, but I probably won't wait in line to eat there any more than at any other restaurant. I may be eating alone at Mythos while you are all fighting it out for the last table at Harry's place.:rotfl:

:laughing: I'll join you.. but AFTER I eat at Three Broomsticks.

Like someone else said, Three Broomsticks is a Counter Service for Lunch and Dinner so there won't be reservations. If Breakfast and those seatings become a regular thing, I would guess that its a buffet or family style and you can make reservations. But as of right now, we have no idea and it seems like its only part of the package.

I called yesterday to ask about making reservations for the Three Broomsticks and was told that you make reservations 30 days out. Also was told that it would be counter service for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and that the breakfast that was included in the HP package was not a buffet, but you would pick your meal from a menu. Hope this helps! :yay:

I called yesterday to ask about making reservations for the Three Broomsticks and was told that you make reservations 30 days out. Also was told that it would be counter service for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and that the breakfast that was included in the HP package was not a buffet, but you would pick your meal from a menu. Hope this helps! :yay:

So strange that we'd be making reservations for a lunch/dinner counter service.

So strange that we'd be making reservations for a lunch/dinner counter service.

Me also,TS is order off the menu and they bring food to ya-
CS is its pretty much A buffet or you get what you pay for food kinda thing:confused3:confused3

Who knows till its open~~Do you or anyone??????

You know when I first heard talk about reservations for a counter service restaurant I was skeptical. I'm sure it's not completely unprecedented in the history of theme park dining, but it would be extremely rare, mostly because it would be extremely unnecessary.

However, I've been saying on several threads that I thought crowds for WWoHP were going to go way beyond our expectations, and it would seem that Universal agrees. If they are planning the necessity of reservations for a counter service restaurant, that would normally have a very quick turnaround, then they are expecting crowds to be very, very big.

Hmmmm, how badly do I really want that plate of fish and chips??? :)

You know when I first heard talk about reservations for a counter service restaurant I was skeptical. I'm sure it's not completely unprecedented in the history of theme park dining, but it would be extremely rare, mostly because it would be extremely unnecessary.
I honestly don't think they will take reservations if it is counter-service. My thoughts is that the team member they talked to was mistaken or may have been saying that reservations for most restaurants are 30 days. I'm not sure that even the team members know for sure if 3 Broomsticks will be counter service or not. If I had to take a guess, I think it will be counter service similar to Enchanted Oak tavern and will not take reservations.

I honestly don't think they will take reservations if it is counter-service. My thoughts is that the team member they talked to was mistaken or may have been saying that reservations for most restaurants are 30 days. I'm not sure that even the team members know for sure if 3 Broomsticks will be counter service or not. If I had to take a guess, I think it will be counter service similar to Enchanted Oak tavern and will not take reservations.
That's what I was thinking.

We plan to visit in July. I know that it is going to be very crowded. If we can make reservations will we be able to get in due to the crowds?

Yeah, I think you're right. Unless the breakfast that's included with the package is an actual sit-down meal. We'll see. ;)

We made our breakfast ressie for July 12th; doing the Universal package just made the most sense for us this summer, since we will only be in the Orlando area for 5 days. We booked a room at Hard Rock Hotel, and are very excited about our first trip to Universal, despite the crowds. I'll be happy to share our experiences when we get back. :)

I'm not sure I'll be that fussed about actually eating there, I think we'll just go in to have a look but little else. I can imagine it being very busy and to be honest they seem to be selling English country cooking, which I get enough of here :rotfl:

I think part of the problem of this restaurant will be that people linger longer than necessary. People will likely want to spend a lot of time enjoying the theming and not eat and leave as would be the case at a typical CS restaurant. The turnover is not going to be quick IMHO.

If anyone gets any more info--I'd love to know if you will need reservations for lunch at the Three Broomsticks. I also think it's weird but not necessarily unheard of that one would need reservations for a counter service restaurant... :surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter