• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Threats at WDW (Unconfirmed Rumor?)

studog

Mouseketeer
I don't know if true or not but a friend told me that she heard on the radio this morning that WDW had a bomb threat. She made it sound that it wasn't imminent or that anything happened but that security was beefed up. I hope it is not true. Has anyone heard anything on this?

Ken

I have searched the web for a story but I can't find anything. It probably is NOT true.

In 2002, around the time Bush declared war on Iraq, WDW was considered a terrorist hot spot and there was a lot of extra security and precautions. Maybe that's what this is referring to?

I did hear on the news yesterday that a fence is going to be put up at Disneyland because it had been mentioned as a possible target in some of those terrorist notes that were found. But I didn't hear about a bomb threat at WDW.

Sandra

The reality is anyplace in the US (or world) where large groups of people gather are threatened. Sorry, it's just the way things are now. You should always be aware of activities around you, and face it, no matter where you are, there's always a possibility.

Dunno about DL but my Walmart just had one (WHY am I never at work for the exciting stuff???)

now I want to go to work to find out what happened... :)

a cm told us the fences around the parks are not only razor wire on the top but electrified...

good reason not to try to fake out the bag security. when we were there most seemed to be doing a good job looking at what was there and not just waving people through.

Don't worry becuase these things probally happen everyday now and in the end we should not let these people win by worrying too much.

DONNA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter