Thread 1 Million about On Board Bookings

twindaddy

DIS Veteran
Ok, so looking through the On Board booking section of the FAQ, it is a little unclear.

It says I can book two OBB's per household.....so here is my situation: I want to reshop my 2013 Wonder repo but I need two cabins but with different addresses of the people booked in those cabins, does that count as my two reservations? I also want to book a dummy date for the 2014 sailings, but I need two cabins also on that date....I think given these new rules I can still do all of this, right? Four cabins could be considered four reservations....now I just gave myself a migraine....

From what I understand you can do both (if you book them both it is actually 2 reservations - you can book 2 staterooms on one reservation even if the persons in the staterooms have different addresses) but only one will get the 10% off and half price deposit.

You can make ONE onboard booking on ONE date consisting of up to TWO staterooms each, and get the full onboard booking perks. This is for each household registered in your stateroom.

This might explain it better:

Each household can book one date in the future, up to two cabins to receive the onboard booking offer. In the past you could book the same number of rooms as the number of people in your cabin (if you had four in your room, you could book up to four rooms per date booked in the future). Additionally, you can only book one future date to receive the onboard booking offer. If you do want to book more cabins on the one date, you can do so and receive only the onboard credit offer (no discounts).

There's some kind of an exception for back to back cruises.

One thing I'm not sure about... when they say "one future date" for the OBB, do they mean per cruise, or total? In other words, if I cruised in January 2013 and June, 2013 (I wish!) and I made a reservation on the January cruise for January 2014 with full OBB benefits, could I also make a reservation on my June 2013 cruise for June 2014 with all the benefits, or would I have to wait until I had no cruises with benefits outstanding?

I've never seen anything about how many outstanding cruises you have with onboard booking benefits. The only thing I've seen is a regulation concerning what you can or cannot book on THIS cruise for a future cruise. At this point I have 3 outstanding cruises and will book at least one more on my next cruise.....

I have an already made reservation (booked online) that I am planning to reshop on my cruise at the end of the month...that will be my one cruise date with two staterooms. I can't book any more separate cruise reservations while I am on the April cruise and get full onboard booking perks for them. All they'd get would be the Castaway Club OBC.

If you have previously booked reservations nothing will happen to them. They're just talking about how many you can book with onboard perks while you are onboard, not about any you have booked on previous cruises.

OP - I'm confused and not sure if I'm reading your question correctly. Since no one else has argued, then hopefully it's just me missing something.

I assume you have a future cruise coming up this year, during which you hope to reshop the 2 rooms on your 2013 cruise. Are you 1 household or 2 households travelling on the 2012 cruise? If you're just 1 household on the 2012 cruise, then you can reshop only the 2 rooms on your 2013 cruise or book 2 rooms on a dummy date in the future, but you wouldn't be able to do both, as you'd be 1 household booking 2 rooms on 2 dates. However, if you have 2 households travelling in 2012, then you can both book up to 2 rooms, meaning 1 of you could reshop the 2 rooms on the 2013 cruise while the other reshops the 2 rooms on the 2014 dummy booking.

Interestingly enough, it seems that if two households sailing together in 2012 each tried to book their own 2013 and 2014 dates, that wouldn't be permitted as that would be 2 separate dates for the same household, so you are better off booking for each other! (Did I confuse anyone on that last point?!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter