• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thoughts on two studios vs. two bedroom villa?

Studios dont have laundry either. I love being able to bring clean clothes home and being able to pack less

Yes, but then you are making us stay in a 1 bedroom with 3 people at Aulani.:confused3
No one's making you but the reality is that you give up a lot with studio and for 3 people, they get crowded pretty quickly. In the timeshare industry studios are normally aimed at 2, 1 BR at 3-4 and 2 BR at 4-6 people. Maxing out even stated occupancy creates crowding and compromise as do studios in general.

OP, the general answer is you'll be far better off with 2 BR over 2 studios no matter the bed types as other than OKW, all studios have a bed plus pull out as well other than the Inn rooms at VB. If 2 beds in the second are important to you, neither BCV or BWV are a good choice. As noted, there are no BWV with 2 reg beds in the second and only a small portion (1/3) of the dedicated 2 BR at BCV and they are a direct booking category, not a request option. That means you book day 1 eleven months out or there's a good chance you won't get it. IF the 2 beds in the second are important, I'd suggest you reconsider the home resort choices. OKW, SSR and AKV are all better choices for the stated goal.

We are a family of six for this trip in 4 days. We own at OKW. We stay in a 2 bdrm for our trips. We alternate btwn OKW and AKL- Kidani. This trip I decided to save a little $$ (we pay cash rate for fri/sat). I booked 2 studios at OKW. There was no cash rate discount for the nights we needed in a 2 bdrm and I didn't want to spend way more than we normally do. DH seemed fine with it. The only thing that worried me was the laundry!!! We always bring home clean clothes!!! Anyways a little less than 2 wks ago DH woke up and asked do u think they have any 2bdrm left?? I think the idea of us being split up bothered him plus the laundry issue. I know there are W/D by the pools but who wants to waste vac time doing laundry?? Plus he was worried how far away from each other could we be?? Not just next building but it could have been the other side of the resort.

I called MS. And they had no 2 bdrms at OKW at all!!! Nothing anywhere but at SSR! A 2bdrm dedicated!! We changed our ressies immediately!! Plus the nights we needed to pay cash were soo much cheaper than OKW. You can't believe how happy I am to get the W/D back!! Crazy I know.

Now I am just a bit worried about how crowded it will be if all 2bdrm are filled. Usually OKW seems pretty deserted in August when we go.

Definitely buy where you want to stay. As another OP stated. My boys are teenagers ( well one is the other a tween) and they won't sleep together. The tween moves too much in his sleep and it bothers the teen. Love having a sleeper chair option in the villas. As much as the 2 studios seemed like the right choice for us it really wasn't.

Glad u did ur homework bf you buy. Stinks that the guide gave u the wrong information. Our original guide was pushing us to buy anywhere but OKW. We stood our ground and eventually changed guides.

Good luck with your decision. It was the best one we made as a family!!

Yes we know. DS13 will sleep on the sleeper sofa. I dont' think I can get them to share a bed. Just one breathing on the other irritates the other!!:lmao:

thanks for checking.

I only have one. But I do remember "he's breathing on me" when I was a kid with my three siblings. :lmao:

No one's making you but the reality is that you give up a lot with studio and for 3 people, they get crowded pretty quickly. In the timeshare industry studios are normally aimed at 2, 1 BR at 3-4 and 2 BR at 4-6 people. Maxing out even stated occupancy creates crowding and compromise as do studios in general.

OP, the general answer is you'll be far better off with 2 BR over 2 studios no matter the bed types as other than OKW, all studios have a bed plus pull out as well other than the Inn rooms at VB. If 2 beds in the second are important to you, neither BCV or BWV are a good choice. As noted, there are no BWV with 2 reg beds in the second and only a small portion (1/3) of the dedicated 2 BR at BCV and they are a direct booking category, not a request option. That means you book day 1 eleven months out or there's a good chance you won't get it. IF the 2 beds in the second are important, I'd suggest you reconsider the home resort choices. OKW, SSR and AKV are all better choices for the stated goal.
Dean the quoted part of Geezer's comment was directed at his DW (me). He just thought it was odd that we are getting a GV for the holidays at WDW next year, but when we go to Hawaii in February, I only booked a 1 bedroom for 3 of us.:)

I totally agree that a 2 bedroom is always better than 2 studios. Also, I agree with Dean that booking at OKW, SSR or AKV is the best option if you need two real beds in the second bedroom. Also, at OKW and AKV, you would get both a queen pull out sofa and a twin pull out chair in the living room of the 2 bedroom villas.

Dean the quoted part of Geezer's comment was directed at his DW (me). He just thought it was odd that we are getting a GV for the holidays at WDW next year, but when we go to Hawaii in February, I only booked a 1 bedroom for 3 of us.:)

I totally agree that a 2 bedroom is always better than 2 studios. Also, I agree with Dean that booking at OKW, SSR or AKV is the best option if you need two real beds in the second bedroom. Also, at OKW and AKV, you would get both a queen pull out sofa and a twin pull out chair in the living room of the 2 bedroom villas.
OK, thanks, didn't get the inside joke part of it. I guess he's stuck with you, you know the "for better or worse" part of the vows.

We have 2 studios booked for our next trip. would have preferred a 2bed but we opted for the studios so we could stay an extra couple days. The CM did make sure to tell us it is not a guarentee that the rooms will be next to each other. I don't find the need to have them ajoining but am hoping they will be in the same "wing" so to speak. So you do need to consider how you would handle it if you checked in and the rooms were no where near each other. Depends on the type of vacationer you are too...we spend open to close just about every day in the parks. So no big deal for us to have rooms that we will basically just sleep in not right next to each other. You won't have laundry in the room with a studio as you would a 2bed....but you do have free use of the laundry room at the resort (as a dvc member.) So if you plan a resort day like we do you can just do a load then. Also you would not have a full kitchen in the studio as you would in the 2bed. But you would have a small fridge in each, microwave..I think...not sure what else. Goodluck with your decision! Great thing to remember is with the point system you can always change your mind about what type of accomdation you want but the important point might be where you want to stay. But even with that being said when we purchased many years ago we had no intent on staying in our "home" resort and have always been able to book something acceptable..even if it wasn't our first choice...but what part of disney isn't acceptable...it's Disney!

I didn't see this posted, but if you use the online tool for booking Beach Club Villas, there is a room type for 2 Bedroom Villa - Two Queen Beds.

So it looks like you can book one of these rooms if available.

I didn't see this posted, but if you use the online tool for booking Beach Club Villas, there is a room type for 2 Bedroom Villa - Two Queen Beds.

So it looks like you can book one of these rooms if available.

Yes, there are only 25 of these, so you need home resort advantage and book them at 11 months out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter